Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Sorry for my late response.

I guess that the makeup could be some sort of nod to his connection to Apocalypse. I 've never seen that particular Egyptian symbol before, but I don't know what kind of makeup and symbolism that the Egyptians would use on their faces.

Not sure if it would be cultural appropriation in this case. Might be, might not be. Warren was altered by Apocalypse pretty dramatically. I know that we haven't seen Warren's views on Egypt before, but they could have changed.
    Ancient Egyptian culture is a dead culture so wearing ancient egyptians symbols would be as much cultural appropriation as wearing ancient greek or roman symbols. I think the blue line is supposed to be in reference to his blue skin when he's archangel.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    Ancient Egyptian culture is a dead culture so wearing ancient egyptians symbols would be as much cultural appropriation as wearing ancient greek or roman symbols. I think the blue line is supposed to be in reference to his blue skin when he's archangel.
    Yeah, I thought that the blue line was a nod to his Archangel mask or blue skin.
    I had never seen an ancient Egyptian symbol like that one before.

Hadn't considered the fact that ancient Egypt was long dead, so there would be no cultural appropriation involved. Don't I look stupid know.

Incredible Member

Totally awesome! From that cover, My Top (3) Three Favorite Costumes would be...

1. Archangel
    (with or without Death-Skull Mask)

2. The Avenging Angel

3. Steve Rude's Angel
    (which isn't on that cover, but I wanted to include it because it looked cool)

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-22-2021 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I enjoyed the "New Defenders" and first-arc X-Factor outfits best, pre-transformation. I wouldn't mind seeing them now with his current powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    That wasn't my favorite character variant cover for XoX/PoX, but, it's the cover that I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Totally awesome! From that cover, My Top (3) Three Favorite Costumes would be...

1. Archangel
    (with or without Death-Skull Mask)

My favorite costume is the black version of this Archangel costume, then the blue and white version of the Archangel costume that he used during Bunn's time writing X-Men.

His worst costume is pretty clearly the red, yellow, and blue costume with the suspenders. Don't know what the artist was thinking.

When did Rude draw Angel?

When did Rude draw Angel?
    X-Men: Children of the Atom, Vol. 1 (1999)
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/X-Men...the_Atom_Vol_1

Last edited by K7P5V; 05-24-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

Well here it is, (Arch)Angel's new appreciation thread for the new year. Haven't seen one already so here is this one.

Same deal as last year. I hope you all have a miserable new year . Unless you are able to post and scan pictures. Ten you will be appreciated in this appreciation thread.
    I would wait for someone who can post pictures to star this thread, but then that usually ends up taking weeks for some one else to start an Archangel thread.

So anyway, lets have fun discussing Archangel, and hope that Warren has a bigger role in the X-Comics than he did last year.
    Hello everyone, new to this thread. I’m a archangel/Warren fan. I usually post on the Lorna Dane site. These two characters are my favorites.

Here’s a question, would anyone on here support a Warren/Lorna relationship? I brought this topic up on the Polaris thread. I thought that both of them haven’t explored a relationship that didn’t involve just being colleagues. So what do you think?

Ultimate Member

Obviously I wouldn't want them together and don't think that they'd work, partially as I'm an ardent Warren/Betsy and Alex/Lorna fan and have been for many years...

Spectacular Member

A good writer can make anything work but Warren/Lorna wouldn't be my first choice tbh...pre-metal wing days I always thought he and the Wasp would make an interesting couple but too late for that now. It's a shame Charlotte Jones didn't stick around, I liked her.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]X-Men: Children of the Atom, Vol. 1 (1999)
    Thanks for your answer. I think that I may have read this one. That or I have it confused with another story about the teen 05.
    Is this story considered to be part of canon and part of continuity?

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Hello everyone, new to this thread. I’m a archangel/Warren fan. I usually post on the Lorna Dane site. These two characters are my favorites.

Here’s a question, would anyone on here support a Warren/Lorna relationship? I brought this topic up on the Polaris thread. I thought that both of them haven’t explored a relationship that didn’t involve just being colleagues. So what do you think?
    Hello Angleman70. Welcome to the Archangel appreciation thread. It's always nice to have new members post in this thread. A lot of the members who used to post in this thread haven't done so in a while.

Archangel is my favorite character. The metal winged version of Archangel. I'm not all that fond of plain feather winged Angel. Polaris is almost always my second favorite, unless I feel that she is getting some bad writing.

The idea of Archangel and Polaris becoming a couple was discussed pretty frequently in the old, previous Archangel Appreciation threads. The conversation about the two of them becoming a couple died down when the discussion of Archangel moved on to other topics.

Personally, I think that Warren and Lorna would make for a good couple. You could get some interesting stories out of them, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Obviously I wouldn't want them together and don't think that they'd work, partially as I'm an ardent Warren/Betsy and Alex/Lorna fan and have been for many years...
    I wasn't sure if I should answer this one or not. Just because you are a diehard Betsy/Warren and Alex/Lorna shipper doesn't mean that Warren and Lorna couldn't work well togather.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    A good writer can make anything work but Warren/Lorna wouldn't be my first choice tbh...pre-metal wing days I always thought he and the Wasp would make an interesting couple but too late for that now. It's a shame Charlotte Jones didn't stick around, I liked her.
    I liked the old Warren /Charlotte pairing. I thought that Charlotte played a good role in Warren dealing with his transformation into Archangel. However, I wouldn't want Charlotte back with Archangel. I would prefer to see him with someone new, Like Polaris or Moonstar.

I would rank Warren's relationships this way

1) Betsy Braddock. I think that this pairing has run it's course, but I still think that it was Archangel's best relationship so far.
    2) Candy Southern. This one was also great. I am sorry that Candy was killed off.
    3) Charlotte. See above.
    4) Laura Kinney. Not to fond of this one, but it is better than Husk in my opinion.
    5) Husk. I thought that this one had potential when it first started, but then it went off of the rails. Warren and Husk having sex in front of Husk's mom and their teammates was particularly bad, in my opinion.
    Just my opinions.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-25-2021 at 06:45 AM. Reason: added additional content

Thanks for your answer. I think that I may have read this one. That or I have it confused with another story about the teen 05.
    The best explanation I can give you is that it's a retelling of the origin of the O5, at least according to Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:..._Atom_(comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post

Ive been here for it for years actually.

Ultimate Member

Hello Angleman70. Welcome to the Archangel appreciation thread. It's always nice to have new members post in this thread. A lot of the members who used to post in this thread haven't done so in a while.

Archangel is my favorite character. The metal winged version of Archangel. I'm not all that fond of plain feather winged Angel. Polaris is almost always my second favorite, unless I feel that she is getting some bad writing.

The idea of Archangel and Polaris becoming a couple was discussed pretty frequently in the old, previous Archangel Appreciation threads. The conversation about the two of them becoming a couple died down when the discussion of Archangel moved on to other topics.

Personally, I think that Warren and Lorna would make for a good couple. You could get some interesting stories out of them, I think.

I wasn't sure if I should answer this one or not. Just because you are a diehard Betsy/Warren and Alex/Lorna shipper doesn't mean that Warren and Lorna couldn't work well togather.

I liked the old Warren /Charlotte pairing. I thought that Charlotte played a good role in Warren dealing with his transformation into Archangel. However, I wouldn't want Charlotte back with Archangel. I would prefer to see him with someone new, Like Polaris or Moonstar.

I would rank Warren's relationships this way

1) Betsy Braddock. I think that this pairing has run it's course, but I still think that it was Archangel's best relationship so far.
    2) Candy Southern. This one was also great. I am sorry that Candy was killed off.
    3) Charlotte. See above.
    4) Laura Kinney. Not to fond of this one, but it is better than Husk in my opinion.
    5) Husk. I thought that this one had potential when it first started, but then it went off of the rails. Warren and Husk having sex in front of Husk's mom and their teammates was particularly bad, in my opinion.
    Just my opinions.
    You could try and say the same about Scott and Jean and such but I doubt that any of the big relationships will every truly run their course and be truly over, just like I don't expect Peter and MJ to every truly be over and always possible of happening again...and more likely than the others...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive been here for it for years actually.
    Exactly! We won’t know unless you try it.