Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Am I alone in missing the fun, upbeat Warren to balance out all the "I am dark and brooding" heroes around the world?

I feel like Warren got some of the best moments and development during his time with the (original run) of the Defenders, where he became a member from #124 to 152.

He felt real back then.

Now he's just a soulless "machine" (not literally - but he's devoid of growth and emotion, it feels like).
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Now, are there any other characters that Warren fans would like to see him interact with?

Would like to see further developments between Ororo & Warren. Always believed this relationship had potential...

I just noticed that I responded to a post by a member who had just been banned. Don't I look stupid .

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We dont know that she wont
    I think that it is fairly safe to assume that Magik wont be in X-Corp. She's already in New Mutants. I think that she is still appearing in a Dr. Strange comic. If Marvel does something besides a one shot with the Dark Riders, she would be there also.

Plus, I think that you would probably advertise her as part of the cast to begin with. She was already part of an X-Corp story back in that Empyre: X-Men miniseries. I just don't know why you would keep her as a surprise now.

But we will see. I would really like it if you were right, and I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If it's only a mini series, there's a good chance we won't get a full cast. Which I'm actually fine with. More panel time for Warren and Monet.
    I think that it is a monthly. Marvel made a lot of references to X-Corp since DoX started. I don't think that you do that just for a mini series.
    Plus, marvel is apparently selling it as a monthly in their subscription part of their website. I don't know first hand for myself, since I don't subscribe from Marvel, but I have seen other members of this forum post that is how Marvel is selling it.
    But, it is Marvel, so I guess that we will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I don't know where people got the idea it's a mini series from, it's a monthly on-going.
    A pretty trusted website first reported it as a five issue miniseries. Then Marvel went online to a website and said that it was a monthly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Am I alone in missing the fun, upbeat Warren to balance out all the "I am dark and brooding" heroes around the world?

I feel like Warren got some of the best moments and development during his time with the (original run) of the Defenders, where he became a member from #124 to 152.

He felt real back then.

Now he's just a soulless "machine" (not literally - but he's devoid of growth and emotion, it feels like).
    Sorry, I accidentally left your post out of my first post.

I prefer the metal winged Angel for sure.
    I don't believe that he is to dark and broody right now. I think that he seems pretty well adjusted. H seemed fairly happy in that X-Men: Empyre miniseries. Not at all dark and angsty. Although I do prefer the meaner, darker version of Archangel myself.

That run of Defenders was pretty good for Angel, though. I really enjoyed reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Would like to see further developments between Ororo & Warren. Always believed this relationship had potential...

And you typed faster than me.

I really don't like that costume that Storm is wearing in the first picture.

So you want to see more of the Storm/Angel interaction from that old story, eh. What is it about it that you like? I'm not criticising your opinion. I'm just curious about it.

It would sure cause an uproar with the Storm/Black Panther fans though, that's for sure.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-26-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Sorry, I accidentally left your post out of my first post.

I prefer the metal winged Angel for sure.
    I don't believe that he is to dark and broody right now. I think that he seems pretty well adjusted. H seemed fairly happy in that X-Men: Empyre miniseries. Not at all dark and angsty. Although I do prefer the meaner, darker version of Archangel myself.
    Me too. I'll always be a proponent for metal-winged Archangel, no matter what...

That run of Defenders was pretty good for Angel, though. I really enjoyed reading it.
    It was fine, as long as you don't count the injuries sustained to his eyes...

And you typed faster than me.

I really don't like that costume that Storm is wearing in the first picture.

So you want to see more of the Storm/Angel interaction from that old story, eh. What is it about it that you like? I'm not criticising your opinion. I'm just curious about it.

It would sure cause an uproar with the Storm/Black Panther fans though, that's for sure.
    I meant no offense. As mentioned before, I was just curious where things might've gone had Warren's attention not been diverted.

Besides, Storm fought for his freedom and I believe that's something worthy of some appreciation (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-26-2021 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Me too. I'll always be a proponent for metal-winged Archangel, no matter what...

It was fine, as long as you don't count the injuries sustained to his eyes...

I meant no offense. As mentioned before, I was just curious where things might've gone had Warren's attention not been diverted.

Besides, Storm fought for his freedom and I believe that's something worthy of some appreciation (IMHO):
    It is my turn to apologize. I meant no offense to you in my response K7P5V, and I'm sorry that I left you feeling that you have offended me.

Maybe it's just because I like to see Warren suffer, but I liked to see Warren suffer injuries to his eyes. I think that it is a neat idea to see a character who flies loose his vision and have to find a way to cope without being able to fly anymore, or try to find a way to overcome that problem to be able to fly again.
    It's been a while since I read Defenders, but didn't Moondragon have something to do with his eyes. Or was she just using her mental powers to make Angel feel attracted to her. I honestly cant remember.

It's hard to say where things may have gone between Storm and Angel if Angel had not been distracted. Storm comes across as being either a little naive in that issue of X-Men Classic , or maybe she is trying to give Angel a brush off.
    It may have been interesting to see if they developed anything so that they did not have to fly alone, as Angel says. I can see it working out at that time. You would have the worldly, sophisticated Angel teamed up with the Storm character who was a little less experienced in how the outside world worked at the time. If I remember how Storm was written at the time. I could be wrong about that.

Still, I think that that ship has sailed. Storm is now tied heavily to Black Panther, and Angel has had numerous girlfriends since that story happened.

That story from X-Men Classic is not even a small blip on the radar for either character at this point. I don't think that this story has been referenced even once since it was first printed. I could easily be wrong about that, of course. There may be a story that deals with that scene that I haven't read or simply don't remember.

It was nice to see Storm save Angel from Calisto and the Morlocks.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-27-2021 at 11:24 AM.

It is my turn to apologize. I meant no offense to you in my response K7P5V, and I'm sorry that I left you feeling that you have offended me.

Maybe it's just because I like to see Warren suffer, but I liked to see Warren suffer injuries to his eyes. I think that it is a neat idea to see a character who flies loose his vision and have to find a way to cope without being able to fly anymore, or try to find a way to overcome that problem to be able to fly again.
    It's been a while since I read Defenders, but didn't Moondragon have something to do with his eyes. Or was she just using her mental powers to make Angel feel attracted to her. I honestly cant remember.

It's hard to say where things may have gone between Storm and Angel if Angel had not been distracted. Storm comes across as being either a little naive in that issue of X-Men Classic , or maybe she is trying to give Angel a brush off.
    It may have been interesting to see if they developed anything so that they did not have to fly alone, as Angel says. I can see it working out at that time. You would have the worldly, sophisticated Angel teamed up with the Storm character who was a little less experienced in how the outside world worked at the time. If I remember how Storm was written at the time. I could be wrong about that.

Still, I think that that ship has sailed. Storm is now tied heavily to Black Panther, and Angel has had numerous girlfriends since that story happened.

That story from X-Men Classic is not even a small blip on the radar for either character at this point. I don't think that this story has been referenced even once since it was first printed. I could easily be wrong about that, of course. There may be a story that deals with that scene that I haven't read or simply don't remember.

It was nice to see Storm save Angel from Calisto and the Morlocks.
    Not to worry. There aren't any hostilities on my end. But your concern means a lot, Thievery. Thanks.

And about Ororo & Warren, romance doesn't necessarily need to happen (just the possibility of having one is fine with me).
    Being teammates is more than enough, since it reminds me of their appearance in Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends ("A Firestar Is Born"):

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-27-2021 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

I did enjoy Warren getting the better of Wolverine during Inferno. I was burnt out on Logan way back then.

It is kinda funny that Warren & Bobby may have spent so many years together. From X-Men to Champions to Defenders to X-Factor, and back to X-Men.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I don't know where people got the idea it's a mini series from, it's a monthly on-going.
    Marvel's solicitation said 1 (of 5), and the current Previews catalog also shows the same. If it's ongoing, great!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

If Warren and Ororo swapped outfits, Warren would look amazing in that

And about Ororo & Warren, romance doesn't necessarily need to happen (just the possibility of having one is fine with me).
    Being teammates is more than enough, since it reminds me of their appearance in Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends ("A Firestar Is Born"):

[/center]
    That cartoon is the really old one where Firestar is created for the first time in any form of media, am I correct? I don't watch cartoons, or actually much tv in general. So I just want to make sure that I have the right cartoon here.

Angel appears to be wearing the costume that he used during his brief time with the ANXM. Not a favorite costume of mine. Does this show take place long after Dark Phoenix?

That cartoon is the really old one where Firestar is created for the first time in any form of media, am I correct? I don't watch cartoons, or actually much tv in general. So I just want to make sure that I have the right cartoon here.
    Correct. Here's a helpful link: http://basementrejects.com/review/sp...mplete-series/

Angel appears to be wearing the costume that he used during his brief time with the ANXM. Not a favorite costume of mine. Does this show take place long after Dark Phoenix?
    If it helps, "A Firestar Is Born" (Season 2/Episode 3) aired on September 25, 1982
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spide...nds_Season_2_3

Correct. Here's a helpful link: http://basementrejects.com/review/sp...mplete-series/

If it helps, "A Firestar Is Born" (Season 2/Episode 3) aired on September 25, 1982
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spide...nds_Season_2_3
    Thank you. It's hard for me to keep the old cartoons straight in terms of when they happen. I don't watch them, but it is nice to know the timeline that they happen in. Gives me a better sense of what is happening when across Marvel's combined media
    Storm is wearing a white version of her usual costume. Does she wear that at all during the comics at this time? My copies of the X-Men stories from around this time are usually from the black and white Essentials X-Men collections. When I get a chance to re-read the stories in color for the first time, it can make the stories look and read a lot different.
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Marvel's solicitation said 1 (of 5), and the current Previews catalog also shows the same. If it's ongoing, great!
    Sorry, I keep forgetting to respond to your post.

If the previews catalog shows X-Corp as a five issue miniseries, then I take it that that is what we should assume it to be. I can't imagine getting a solicit wrong in a Preview book. But, I don't usually look at Previews catalog. Have they ever been wrong in the past? Not that I think that it would matter.

It's strange that the X-Men comics did so much name dropping of an X-Corp comic only for it to be a miniseries. They started name dropping the title really early in the DoX era. Maybe Covid19 changed plans that much.
    Or maybe Marvel is only publishing the comic to keep the trademark rights to the name. Who knows.

Since it now appears that X-Corp s only a miniseries, I hope that they don't add much to the cast of Monet and Archangel. I think that the comic would probably work best by focusing on them and maybe one or two others. Keep the cast small and focused.
    Just my opinion.

I think that it is fairly safe to assume that Magik wont be in X-Corp. She's already in New Mutants. I think that she is still appearing in a Dr. Strange comic. If Marvel does something besides a one shot with the Dark Riders, she would be there also.

Plus, I think that you would probably advertise her as part of the cast to begin with. She was already part of an X-Corp story back in that Empyre: X-Men miniseries. I just don't know why you would keep her as a surprise now.
    I dont expect her to be a part of the main roster but that doesnt mean she wont be appearing.