Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Here is his Gala look. I dnot like it

Ultimate Member

Honestly I'm not sure that I like any of the Hellfire Gala looks...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Here is his Gala look. I dnot like it

I don't like it either. I would have thought that Warren would be one of the characters to wear a more conservative business suits. I can't picture him wearing something this hideous looking when he is supposed to be a seriuos business type. Even if he wasn't a business man, I have a hard time picturing him in an out fit that is this ugly on the eyes.

I can't even figure out what he is supposed to be wearing. It looks like a super hero cape, combined wit some sort of baggy balloon pants. The neck chain is one ugly piece of jewelry, and I can't tell what that is doing on Angel either.

The shoes look like they have some kind of reverse bird feet on them.

I've no idea what that line of make up is doing, and I find it every bit as stupid as the rest of the costume.

The hideous looking balloon pants may be the worst part of this costume.

I really can't make any sense of this outfit.

If anyone reads this post, and understands why Angel would be wearing this, or how it makes sense to wear this combination togather could you please kindly explain what this monstrosity is supposed to be. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Last edited by Thievery; 03-19-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It will probably never happen, but I'd like to see Magneto apologize to Warren, lol.

Kidnapping Warren's parents...

Tricking Warren into opposing his teammates....

Saving his life, and giving him a new costume (my personal favorite), just to "absorb his youthful mutant energies"....

That's a lot of animosity to inflict on a youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    It will probably never happen, but I'd like to see Magneto apologize to Warren, lol.

Kidnapping Warren's parents...

Tricking Warren into opposing his teammates....

Saving his life, and giving him a new costume (my personal favorite), just to "absorb his youthful mutant energies"....

That's a lot of animosity to inflict on a youngster.
    I think that Magneto would owe more people bigger apologies for what he has done to them. This is a guy with a kill count at least in the thousands. That's just from that time he used an EMP when he returned to earth. It happened in an early issue of the 90's X-Men comic, if I remember correctly. Killing people and robbing their families of their loved ones is way more harsh than what Magneto did to Warren.

I don't think that Archangel has been made to suffer enough. He should be made to feel pain. Especially psychological pain. Candy Southern being killed in front of him type pain.

That's my only real concern about the upcoming X-Corp comic. Tina Howard seems to think that Warren doesn't succeed often enough as Angel.
    I'm still looking greatly forward to X-Corp. I liked Howard's interview in X-Men Monday.
    Plus, while it would be nice to see more of the cast be finally revealed, I like the team members that have been shown so far.
    Archangel especially, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't like it either. I would have thought that Warren would be one of the characters to wear a more conservative business suits. I can't picture him wearing something this hideous looking when he is supposed to be a seriuos business type. Even if he wasn't a business man, I have a hard time picturing him in an out fit that is this ugly on the eyes.
    I think the whole point of Krakoa is to eschew human societal norms. For the Hellfire Gala, they've mentioned "mutant fashion" repeatedly. The Met Gala is a big inspiration and wearing a conservative suit would actually be a huge letdown.

I can't even figure out what he is supposed to be wearing. It looks like a super hero cape...
    The hideous looking balloon pants may be the worst part of this costume.
    I like the cape being a blazer and a cape. I love that the X logo was made to obviously look like the Louis Vuitton logo.

Those pants are definitely not my thing since I'm a normal person, but this kind of flamboyant sailor pant style is definitely making the rounds and has been made quite popular by Harry Styles in particular. I actually really think Dauterman looked to Styles as his inspiration.

The neck chain is one ugly piece of jewelry, and I can't tell what that is doing on Angel either.
    You didn't notice this was a nod to Angel's classic costume??

The shoes look like they have some kind of reverse bird feet on them.
    This is your rich man loafer look that's very prominent with more stylish musicians and professional athletes. Dwyane Wade and Wiz Khalifa are never not wearing these! This is one detail that RD didn't get quite right in the rendering. They should look like this:

DW is even wearing a blue blazer cape LOL!

If anyone reads this post, and understands why Angel would be wearing this, or how it makes sense to wear this combination togather could you please kindly explain what this monstrosity is supposed to be. I would greatly appreciate it.
    I hope this helped! I don't love the look, but I do think it's very current and fits Warren the playboy, if not the businessman. So all-in-all, I think RD nailed it in terms of design and fashion, but in the end it just comes down to personal taste.
    Last edited by superjosh; 03-20-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well I'm guessing that once Hickman leaves most if not all of what he did will go with him, like the mutant magic and mutant fashion will be gone or back into almost limbo land...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well I'm guessing that once Hickman leaves most if not all of what he did will go with him, like the mutant magic and mutant fashion will be gone or back into almost limbo land...
    I'm not into the magic stuff at all, but it could just be that Excalibur is so poorly written.

Hickman kind of introduced mutant fashion on Krakoa as wearing your costumes in your normal life. The Hellfire Gala fashion is probably just for this event, so I'm enjoying the ride!

Extraordinary Member

I think that Magneto would owe more people bigger apologies for what he has done to them. This is a guy with a kill count at least in the thousands. That's just from that time he used an EMP when he returned to earth. It happened in an early issue of the 90's X-Men comic, if I remember correctly. Killing people and robbing their families of their loved ones is way more harsh than what Magneto did to Warren.

I don't think that Archangel has been made to suffer enough. He should be made to feel pain. Especially psychological pain. Candy Southern being killed in front of him type pain.

That's my only real concern about the upcoming X-Corp comic. Tina Howard seems to think that Warren doesn't succeed often enough as Angel.
    I'm still looking greatly forward to X-Corp. I liked Howard's interview in X-Men Monday.
    Plus, while it would be nice to see more of the cast be finally revealed, I like the team members that have been shown so far.
    Archangel especially, obviously.
    I'm more or less joking. This was something I picked up on while reading the original run on X-Men. I think Angel was the first X-Man Magneto captured, too. Magneto also planted a bug on Angel when the hero sought the help from the Avengers when the rest of the O5 were captured. I just found it funny how by chance or design, Warren was normally one in Magneto's crosshairs. All this happened when Warren was basically a very young man.

Seriously speaking, I'm waiting for a Russian to put the screws on Magneto. Either a Russian who lost his family when Magneto first unleashed his power after his first child's death, or one who lost a loved one on the submarine he destroyed. Magneto has a lotta bad history with Russia.

I just Warren is presented as an experienced hero who has almost literally been in the game as long as Spider-Man. Warren was a superhero before joining the X-Men.

I just Warren is presented as an experienced hero who has almost literally been in the game as long as Spider-Man. Warren was a superhero before joining the X-Men.
    Correct. I'll always love the Avenging Angel, and I'm hoping we'll see more "untold tales" before he joined the X-Men (616):

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I think the whole point of Krakoa is to eschew human societal norms. For the Hellfire Gala, they've mentioned "mutant fashion" repeatedly. The Met Gala is a big inspiration and wearing a conservative suit would actually be a huge letdown.

I like the cape being a blazer and a cape. I love that the X logo was made to obviously look like the Louis Vuitton logo.

Those pants are definitely not my thing since I'm a normal person, but this kind of flamboyant sailor pant style is definitely making the rounds and has been made quite popular by Harry Styles in particular. I actually really think Dauterman looked to Styles as his inspiration.

You didn't notice this was a nod to Angel's classic costume??

This is your rich man loafer look that's very prominent with more stylish musicians and professional athletes. Dwyane Wade and Wiz Khalifa are never not wearing these! This is one detail that RD didn't get quite right in the rendering. They should look like this:

DW is even wearing a blue blazer cape LOL!

I hope this helped! I don't love the look, but I do think it's very current and fits Warren the playboy, if not the businessman. So all-in-all, I think RD nailed it in terms of design and fashion, but in the end it just comes down to personal taste.
    Sorry for my late response to your generous answer to my question.
    Your response did indeed help me understand the out fit.

I had never hear of the Met Gala before, and had to look it up online to see what the thing was.

I get what the blazer/cape thing is going for now. Never realized that it was fashionable. I had never heard of Louis Vuitton before, I guess that the X logos all over the suit make sense as some sort of homage.
    I get what the artist was going for with the loafers now also.

I really didn't recognize the the piece of jewelry as a nod to Angels old costume, but that's probably because I was distracted by the fact that I just don't care for most jewelry to bein with. This chain that Angel is wearing is no exception to that.

I still cant stand the balloon pants, even if they are trendy. They completely destroy anything that was useful about the out fit for me. Just my opinion.
    Overall, I still don't like this outfit.

I still think that a more regular, rich looking suit and tie would have been a better way to go with Warren. Just my opinion.

One last question to ask if I may?

What does the blue line of makeup mean. Is it an homage to the Archangel mask that Archangel often wears? Does it mean something else?

I'm more or less joking. This was something I picked up on while reading the original run on X-Men. I think Angel was the first X-Man Magneto captured, too. Magneto also planted a bug on Angel when the hero sought the help from the Avengers when the rest of the O5 were captured. I just found it funny how by chance or design, Warren was normally one in Magneto's crosshairs. All this happened when Warren was basically a very young man.

Seriously speaking, I'm waiting for a Russian to put the screws on Magneto. Either a Russian who lost his family when Magneto first unleashed his power after his first child's death, or one who lost a loved one on the submarine he destroyed. Magneto has a lotta bad history with Russia.

Sorry, I sometimes have a hard time telling when members of this forum are joking or not.
    I think that Warren is usually treated as a veteran hero and get's proper respect for that.
    Just my opinion.

Sorry for my late response to your generous answer to my question. Your response did indeed help me understand the out fit.
    No worries! Glad I could offer some fashion perspective!

I still cant stand the balloon pants, even if they are trendy. They completely destroy anything that was useful about the out fit for me. Just my opinion.
    Overall, I still don't like this outfit.
    The pants are indeed hideous. Fashion, especially "couture" is not always meant to look like regular clothes so we should to try to look at it from a shape and concept perspective. Fashion houses often make the distinction between "couture" and "ready-to-wear". Again, I'm not into the pants and perhaps it's a little too on-the-nose in trying to be current rather than looking good. Angel's whole ensemble could have benefited with a more flattering pant but I get that RD was going for something a little flowy. At least it wasn't straight up MC Hammer parachute pants!

I still think that a more regular, rich looking suit and tie would have been a better way to go with Warren. Just my opinion.
    There are ways to make suits look more majestic and stylish, but it would still be a suit. So it's just a matter of what the artists wanted to do.

One last question to ask if I may?What does the blue line of makeup mean. Is it an homage to the Archangel mask that Archangel often wears? Does it mean something else?
    I can't quite figure out the mark, but my guess is that it is a hint at his Archangel history and connection to Apocalypse. It looks like an ambiguous tribal marking... maybe trying to look Mayan or Egyptian without being appropriative.

Sorry for my late response.

I guess that the makeup could be some sort of nod to his connection to Apocalypse. I 've never seen that particular Egyptian symbol before, but I don't know what kind of makeup and symbolism that the Egyptians would use on their faces.

Not sure if it would be cultural appropriation in this case. Might be, might not be. Warren was altered by Apocalypse pretty dramatically. I know that we haven't seen Warren's views on Egypt before, but they could have changed.

I just read X-Men Legends #3. it was alright, I guess. It almost felt a little to old school. But, it accomplished what it set out to do.

Didn't really care for the Scott/Jean/Nate family part of the story.

I liked the extra back story about the Hodge/Archangel feud. Best part of the issue for me. Hodge has always been one of Warren's main villains, and it was nice to see more of him. I was a little surprised that Hodge was willing to take a new body from a mutant like Apocalypse. I guess that when you only have head you take whatever help that you can get.

I haven't posted what I thought about Warren's role in X-Corp's debut issue in his own thread yet.

I thought that overall it was a solid comic for Warren. He came across as a little to himboish for my liking early on.
    I wasn't bothered by the way that Monet bossed Angel around the way that some other readers were. The Empyre: X-Men miniseries seemed to be setting up the idea that Monet saw herself as the leader of the two. Plus it was pretty obvious that Warren was trying not to lose his temper and turn into Archangel.

My only real disappointment with Angel was that we didn't get to see the more interesting Archangel version of the character, outside of the metal wings. But, that is probably going to happen eventually.

I guess that we know for sure now that Warren is back to having split personality issues again. I'm surprised that Warren didn't just have the split personality removed when he died and was resurrected. Hopefully it will be used differently this time.

To anyone who correctly guessed that Archangel still had the split personality at the beginning of the HoX/DoX era, give yourself a round of applause.
    That mostly means you, Havok83.