Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What are his metal wings made of? Are they organic metal like Colossus' skin? How do his wings hold up to adamantium?
    They are techno-organic. Its based off the same material that Cable's arm is made up of

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They are techno-organic. Its based off the same material that Cable's arm is made up of
    Don't Archangel's wings have some of Apocalypse's body transforming cells as well? I thought that they did.

A preview of things to come!

i wonder where that final image will take place

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Don't Archangel's wings have some of Apocalypse's body transforming cells as well? I thought that they did.
    Maybe Im not sure

Ultimate Member

Well technically there was one truth before Kyle and Yost used Warren in X-Force and then another truth once they wrote him on the team, perhaps the images will allow Betsy to see how she feels about Warren, or at least does at the time being under the current writer...reminding her that she's not the only one that had her body messed with against her will and became someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What are his metal wings made of? Are they organic metal like Colossus' skin? How do his wings hold up to adamantium?
    I tried to go through some comics to see how durable Archangel's wings are and what they can withstand before I answered your post.

What the wings can withstand and can withstand seems to be little inconsistent. In some stories they seem resistant to explosions. I believe that it was in Astonishing X-Men that I saw that. In other comics they are fairly easy to to damage with explosions. It seems to depend on what the story requires.

What seems to be constant about his wings is that they can withstand things like bullets, fire, and your typical lazer attacks.

The wings can cut through rock, most forms of metal, and possibly stronger materials.

I didn't find any panels of the wings withstanding an attack by adamantium, nor cutting through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A preview of things to come!

i wonder where that final image will take place

Maybe the upcoming Excalibur story. I can't tell if the art matches.

If it's not Excalibur, than it may be the first look at a panel from an X-Corp comic. That would make me happy.

If it's not from Excalibur or X-Corp then who knows where the **** that picture comes from. It could come from just about any X-comic.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well technically there was one truth before Kyle and Yost used Warren in X-Force and then another truth once they wrote him on the team, perhaps the images will allow Betsy to see how she feels about Warren, or at least does at the time being under the current writer...reminding her that she's not the only one that had her body messed with against her will and became someone else...
    I think that the Kyle/Yost explanation makes sense. The wings have been Celestial technology ever since Warren first became Archangel. It's nice and easy explanation for how the wings switch back and forth between forms. But, maybe the wings work differently after Warren died during the attack on Orchis and then came back to life.

I'm not sure how the images are supposed to remind Betsy that she is not the only one who has had her body changed. ****, Betsy and Warren were togather long enough that I doubt that Betsy has ever even forgotten about how that effected Warren.

We've gone over weather or not those art images will show what Betsy thinks about Warren. I think that the writer deliberately chose Warren to show what Betsy thinks of Archangel and their past relationship. I think that the writer of Excalibur finds Warren and Betsy's past relationship important enough to bring it up.
    You seem to go back and forth about weather or not the alternate Warren will mean something or not in terms of the old Betsy/Warren relationship, or if the writer even cares enough about the old Betsy/Warren relationship to bring it up. Get off of the fence and choose a side .
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-18-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

I don't choose a side as it could really be either side, I don't think that Betsy forgot about what happened to Warren, only that meeting this version of him might remind her that she's not alone in terms of having her body messed with by others and such...

It could be an alternate utopia dimension where Warren never became a horseman or something

Ultimate Member

Who knows right now, all that we know is that it's not the Warren that Betsy loves...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Who knows right now, all that we know is that it's not the Warren that Betsy loves...
    I'm beginning to get the distinct impression that any treatment of Warren and/or Betsy in which they are not portrayed in a relationship is unacceptable to you.

Just a hunch though, I could be wrong...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

No what I fear is that the current writer has the character portray their view of the relationship and then some fans that read the issue believe that view of the relationship is set in stone state of the relationship for all time...I don't like any writer teasing one of my favorite pairings only to then have the figurative rug pulled out...

I don't choose a side as it could really be either side, I don't think that Betsy forgot about what happened to Warren, only that meeting this version of him might remind her that she's not alone in terms of having her body messed with by others and such...
    I dont think that you need to be reminded of something that you have not forgotten about. Unless you mean that Betsy would sympathize with what Warren has gone through. We've seen plenty of those stories as well.

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    It could be an alternate utopia dimension where Warren never became a horseman or something
    The black and white picture of Warren doesn't look like the alternate reality version of Warren that is appearing in Excalibur to me. There hair and face seem seem to look different from the small images that I can see. Maybe seeing the black and white picture colored will change my mind. Maybe if this is a version of Warren from an alternate reality that is some kind of utopia, it comes from another Excalibur story.

The black and white picture of Warren could be if it is the main reality version of Warren.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm beginning to get the distinct impression that any treatment of Warren and/or Betsy in which they are not portrayed in a relationship is unacceptable to you.

Just a hunch though, I could be wrong...
    Logan likes all of the old 90's couples. He seems to like Archangel/Betsy, Cable/Domino, Warpath/Siryn, and Havok/Polaris the most. Or maybe there are ones that he likes better that I cant remember off of the top of my head. He does seem to have a particular fondness for Archangel/Betsy though. He has posted about how much he loves them togather in both of their appreciation threads for as long as I have been a member of this forum.
    His right as a reader.

No what I fear is that the current writer has the character portray their view of the relationship and then some fans that read the issue believe that view of the relationship is set in stone state of the relationship for all time...I don't like any writer teasing one of my favorite pairings only to then have the figurative rug pulled out...
    It's a little early to say that the writer is just teasing the Angel/Betsy pairing if she appears to be using them in a major story for Betsy. I guess that we will just have to read the story to find out.

As far as fans who read the story developing a set in stone version of what the Archangel/Betsy relationship should always be like, you seem to have developed a set in stone version of what their relationship should be like. They should always love each other unconditionally because they have both been through body alteration stories. And because they come from wealthy backgrounds. And because the two of them becoming a couple was among the first X-Men stories that you read.
    Yep, nothing set in stone there on your part.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-20-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Ultimate Member

Only saying that the writer could be, could be, teasing the pairing, or maybe not, just saying that him showing up in the book doesn't set things fully one way or the other...nah the first few issues I read before like more than 10 issues before they became a couple and I read X-Cutioner's Song as well and they weren't a couple there either, I love Logan/Jean as well that's my number 1, the wealthy background part is just one of the things that they have in common, not THE reason that I love them either...and most of those 90's pairings to me are FAR better than anything that's come since that supposedly been so great, new, exciting...then only to end as fast as it started and mostly forgotten about...

Only saying that the writer could be, could be, teasing the pairing, or maybe not, just saying that him showing up in the book doesn't set things fully one way or the other...nah the first few issues I read before like more than 10 issues before they became a couple and I read X-Cutioner's Song as well and they weren't a couple there either, I love Logan/Jean as well that's my number 1, the wealthy background part is just one of the things that they have in common, not THE reason that I love them either...and most of those 90's pairings to me are FAR better than anything that's come since that supposedly been so great, new, exciting...then only to end as fast as it started and mostly forgotten about...
    Well okay then Logan, what it is it that causes you to love the Archangel/Betsy pairing so much. I'm not trying to be critical, I'm just interested. You usually bring up the similarities that the characters share. Things like the body alteration and the fact that they both come form a wealthy background.

What did you think of Archangel/Charlotte Jones. They were still togather before and after X-Cutioner's Song.

And, I hate to tell you this, but many of the 90's relationships have ended fast and are mostly forgotten.

Incidentally, if Logan/Jean is your favorite pairing, than you must really enjoy the current X-comics, seeing as Logan and Jean are involved in a relationship.
    I'm not sure if I should ask, but what do you think of Angel/Jean from back in the day. I don't think that you have ever given your opinion on that one.

Ultimate Member

Well I'd want them in a relationship with just each other and not everybody else, as I doubt that the MCU would have that...I didn't have anything against Charlotte Jones and was not angry or upset that it ended, at least they had Warren admit to not treating her right in the breakup without being forced to...those two things do contribute but it's more than that, their personalities, their whit, thier intelligence, their sense of humor, their use of a brave face to protect themselves, they're risk takers but still have their sophisticated sides that mesh very well, my problem is that sometimes I can't explain things well, so that's off the top of my head, sorry if it's not enough...

I was never really a fan of Warren and Jean, as my being a Logan/Jean fan from day one and could see Marvel's overwhelming push for Scott/Jean...

As for the pairings of the 90's, actually I see them brought up quite often, and not by me...people either love them or hate them...

Well I'd want them in a relationship with just each other and not everybody else, as I doubt that the MCU would have that...I didn't have anything against Charlotte Jones and was not angry or upset that it ended, at least they had Warren admit to not treating her right in the breakup without being forced to...those two things do contribute but it's more than that, their personalities, their whit, thier intelligence, their sense of humor, their use of a brave face to protect themselves, they're risk takers but still have their sophisticated sides that mesh very well, my problem is that sometimes I can't explain things well, so that's off the top of my head, sorry if it's not enough...

I was never really a fan of Warren and Jean, as my being a Logan/Jean fan from day one and could see Marvel's overwhelming push for Scott/Jean...

As for the pairings of the 90's, actually I see them brought up quite often, and not by me...people either love them or hate them...
    Well thank you for you answers, Logan. I didn't mean to be critical of you. It is nice to see some more of what makes you like Archangel/Betsy romance.
    I'm not sure that I agree with all of it. I don't read them as having the same sense of humor. Warren can be a little sullen at time. The way that I read Warren, his sense of humor can often be little cynical. Betsy can be a little more funny than Angel, but I find that she can often be lacking in sympathy. The brave face part that they some times use to cover up their doubts and insecurities I agree with. But, those just my opinions. Thank you for sharing yours.

This is the part where I tell you that Angel and Betsy wont always be togather, though, and they are likely already broke up .

Could you tell me a little bit more of what you think of Charlotte Jones? I thought that She did a good job of helping Angel get over the loss of his wings. What did you think?

Personally, I liked Candy Southern over Charlotte. I felt that they had good chemistry. And I liked their time in the Defenders. You have a strong opinion on her?

Don't feel bad if you feel like you don't always explain what you want to when you post. I'm not very articulate when I post either. I'm sure that I drive many of this forum's members nuts when they have to read my posts.