Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 322
  1. #301
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,315

    Default

    I dont think he was jealous nor had a crush on Warren. I think he was dealing with his own sexuality and felt left out. All the guys had crushes on Jean in the early days but him. I think he felt different in a way that the others couldnt relate with him

  2. #302
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think he was jealous nor had a crush on Warren. I think he was dealing with his own sexuality and felt left out. All the guys had crushes on Jean in the early days but him. I think he felt different in a way that the others couldnt relate with him
    Sorry, I took LoganAlpha30X33's post as Magneto being jealous of Angel. I miss the read the conversation that was going on about Bobby. My bad.

    I agree about Bobby though. We will find out when the story is released, but I believe that Bendis' run states that Bobby was still dealing with being gay, and trying to deny it a little.

  3. #303
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why Warren felt the need t hide the fact that he can still turn into his Archangel personality. I would think that the other X-Men would already know that. And, I'm still a little bit surprised that Warren didn't just have the personality erased when he died and came back to life in HoX/PoX.

    Wouldn't Monet or Xavier just use their telepathy to figure out that Warren still has split personality problems. They aren't exactly portrayed as being the god guy types who would avoid using their telepathy to avoid reading Archangel's mind during the Krakoa era.
    I was also very puzzled by it.

    In X-Corp #1, Monet says: "And you managed to do it without getting mad and letting the inner you out. One thing we don't share".

    So I guess Monet knows? Considering that dialogue, I thought everyone knew. I just assumed Xavier couldn't get rid of the Archangel persona when Warren died because it would have caused too much damage to his psyche or something like that.

    So he he still has that persona, but what is the big deal at this point? Warren has had many periods like that before.

    So would Warren just want people to believe the resurrection healed his mind? Or if this is about dealing with humans (not mutants), was he just letting Mastermind prove his value?

  4. #304
    Mighty Member MechaJeanix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Appalachia
    Posts
    1,861

    Default

    I've always thought of Bobby and Warren as like brothers but that doesn't mean Bobby doesn't recognize that Warren is attractive. We already know this is the case because Adult Bobby and Teen Bobby admitted that Angel was hot (I believe in the issue where Bendis outs Iceman as gay) and in the Sina Grace Iceman solo Archangel says he knows he thinks he's hot and Iceman plays it off as a joke and says only when he's blue (not exact quote but it is the issue I believe when they are in L.A.).

  5. #305
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I was also very puzzled by it.

    In X-Corp #1, Monet says: "And you managed to do it without getting mad and letting the inner you out. One thing we don't share".

    So I guess Monet knows? Considering that dialogue, I thought everyone knew. I just assumed Xavier couldn't get rid of the Archangel persona when Warren died because it would have caused too much damage to his psyche or something like that.

    So he he still has that persona, but what is the big deal at this point? Warren has had many periods like that before.

    So would Warren just want people to believe the resurrection healed his mind? Or if this is about dealing with humans (not mutants), was he just letting Mastermind prove his value?
    Warren not wanting the characters to believe that his mind is healed makes some sense. The problem with though is that you would think that the five would realize that Warren's mind wasn't healed, and Xavier would actually actually know about Warren' problem. I doubt if Xavier would keep something like this hidden from other X-characters considering how dangerous Warren's split personality could be. Actually, Warren has appeared on Krakoa in his Archangel form. So you would think that the other Krakoan's would at least be worried that something may wrong with Warren.

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I've always thought of Bobby and Warren as like brothers but that doesn't mean Bobby doesn't recognize that Warren is attractive. We already know this is the case because Adult Bobby and Teen Bobby admitted that Angel was hot (I believe in the issue where Bendis outs Iceman as gay) and in the Sina Grace Iceman solo Archangel says he knows he thinks he's hot and Iceman plays it off as a joke and says only when he's blue (not exact quote but it is the issue I believe when they are in L.A.).
    I've always regarded Beast as Bobby's closest friend a among the X-Men.

    I can understand how other readers would pick Warren or even Jean, though.

    Personally, I liked the Rogue and Cannonball friendship with Bobby the best. But I'm not all that fond of Iceman, and the Rogue/ Cannonball, and Iceman trio written by Carey to be one of the few times that I enjoyed reading about Bobby. So I'm biased towards that group of friends for Iceman.

  6. #306
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,710

    Default

    It all just shows that Hickman and the other writers don't really care at all about Warren right now...sadly...

  7. #307
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Warren not wanting the characters to believe that his mind is healed makes some sense. The problem with though is that you would think that the five would realize that Warren's mind wasn't healed, and Xavier would actually actually know about Warren' problem. I doubt if Xavier would keep something like this hidden from other X-characters considering how dangerous Warren's split personality could be. Actually, Warren has appeared on Krakoa in his Archangel form. So you would think that the other Krakoan's would at least be worried that something may wrong with Warren.
    I don't think any of that makes much sense... I'm not criticizing your thinking, it's not your fault that the writers didn't think any of it through or, at least, didn't bother to explain it. This stuff with Mastermind reads to me as just some excuse to create some drama/conflict for an otherwise thin plot.

    Personally, I'm tried of this whole dual-personality stuff. Writers have relied on it way too much to create personal drama for Warren. And the whole back and forth on whether he's mended his mind or it's split again has got old. Let him be able to morph his wings (morph his skin with it if people really want him to be blue) and have a moderate healing factor and give him his personality back. Warren on his own is so cool. I miss him. This character we saw in the first 2 issues of X-Corp is pretty bland. :(

    But then again the story is pretty meh. How many issues will it take to form the board of the corporation on a book called X-Corp? Seriously. This is silly. Imagine if the new X-Men book took three issues dealing with the election of X-Men team...

  8. #308
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It all just shows that Hickman and the other writers don't really care at all about Warren right now...sadly...
    Archangel is currently in the X-Corp comic. And we know that X-Corp was meant to launch a lot earlier, closer to DoX. So I don't see how you can say that the writers don't care about Warren.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I don't think any of that makes much sense... I'm not criticizing your thinking, it's not your fault that the writers didn't think any of it through or, at least, didn't bother to explain it. This stuff with Mastermind reads to me as just some excuse to create some drama/conflict for an otherwise thin plot.

    Personally, I'm tried of this whole dual-personality stuff. Writers have relied on it way too much to create personal drama for Warren. And the whole back and forth on whether he's mended his mind or it's split again has got old. Let him be able to morph his wings (morph his skin with it if people really want him to be blue) and have a moderate healing factor and give him his personality back. Warren on his own is so cool. I miss him. This character we saw in the first 2 issues of X-Corp is pretty bland.

    But then again the story is pretty meh. How many issues will it take to form the board of the corporation on a book called X-Corp? Seriously. This is silly. Imagine if the new X-Men book took three issues dealing with the election of X-Men team...
    I'm with you on the duel personality stuff. It would be different if Warren was just left alone and kept the duel personality. But, it seems as though Warren goes through a lot of stories where he seems to be cured of the duel personalities and then gains them right back. It seemed as though that was Warren's only story for about five years or so. Just pick a direction and stick with it for more than a year at a time.

    Personally, I wish that the writers would just leave him in his Archangel form with Warren's mind in control. I know that I sound like a broken record on this, but that's how I really feel.

    I disagree about the overall quality of X-Corp. I think that we will see some more focus on Warren eventually.

    I agree with the fact that it is taking to long for X-Corp to be filling out the board members. It's really stretching the board member story to long.
    At the rate that it's taking to fill out the board members, I wouldn't be surprised if the comic is canceled before the board is filled.

  9. #309
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm with you on the duel personality stuff. It would be different if Warren was just left alone and kept the duel personality. But, it seems as though Warren goes through a lot of stories where he seems to be cured of the duel personalities and then gains them right back. It seemed as though that was Warren's only story for about five years or so. Just pick a direction and stick with it for more than a year at a time.

    Personally, I wish that the writers would just leave him in his Archangel form with Warren's mind in control. I know that I sound like a broken record on this, but that's how I really feel.
    I honestly don't mind what colour his skin is and if the wings are always metal. I'd prefer Warren in his caucasian/feather wings form being able to switch to the more powerful wings (with or without blue skin - I really don't care), just because it should prevent a future writer to want to bring up the stupid split personality plot again just so he's not blue anymore or so he's blue again... *sigh*

    I'd say that, depending on how you see it, it's been way more than 5 years re-rehearsing this plot already. The writers got very lazy when it comes to him.

    Since the O5 Warren has been such a wonderful character. It's time they really go read some old comics and bring back that fun, brave, impetuous, loyal, not-modest-at-all hero. And then create new stuff for him that doesn't have anything to do with Archangel/Death stuff. Seriously: even Apocalypse became a "good" guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I disagree about the overall quality of X-Corp. I think that we will see some more focus on Warren eventually.
    I hope you're right. But I think even if we do, the focus will be just the personality stuff again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I agree with the fact that it is taking to long for X-Corp to be filling out the board members. It's really stretching the board member story to long.
    At the rate that it's taking to fill out the board members, I wouldn't be surprised if the comic is canceled before the board is filled.
    It worries me too. I want the book to be successful because I want him to continue to be the protagonist of some story. But it has to improve a lot, I think, for it not to be cancelled.

  10. #310
    Astonishing Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,174

    Default

    Whelp, I had been away from this forum for a few weeks, and when I return I see that the inevitable has happened sooner rather than later. X-Corp appears to have been canceled.

    I thought that wasting the entire first arch just getting the entire cast togather would kill it. But, who knows. It could have been anything that got the comic killed. I still think that if the comic had launched earlier during DoX when it was supposed to the comic may have lasted longer. But, I could easily be wrong.

    So, does any one want to take a guess as to where Archangel might end up next.
    Limbo? The Pit with Sabretooth? The Quiet Council? Reunion with Betsy? Off of the island and back with the main MU? None of these?

  11. #311
    Mighty Member Grinning Soul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Whelp, I had been away from this forum for a few weeks, and when I return I see that the inevitable has happened sooner rather than later. X-Corp appears to have been canceled.

    I thought that wasting the entire first arch just getting the entire cast togather would kill it. But, who knows. It could have been anything that got the comic killed. I still think that if the comic had launched earlier during DoX when it was supposed to the comic may have lasted longer. But, I could easily be wrong.

    So, does any one want to take a guess as to where Archangel might end up next.
    Limbo? The Pit with Sabretooth? The Quiet Council? Reunion with Betsy? Off of the island and back with the main MU? None of these?
    Is it cancelled already? :(

    If I could choose, he'd be in X-Men. He probably will end up in Marauders, though, which will be a disaster considering how often Bobby actually appears in that book. I do hope he doesn't up end in X-Force again. Warren needs a break from black-ops stuff.

    There probably will be new books after Inferno, though. Let's hope he lands on a nice one.

  12. #312
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,781

    Default

    There's been debate on whether or not X-Corp was always a mini (I say it was, based on Marvel's own solicits), but for some reason there's never been concrete confirmation from anyone actually involved with the book.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #313
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Whelp, I had been away from this forum for a few weeks, and when I return I see that the inevitable has happened sooner rather than later. X-Corp appears to have been canceled.

    I thought that wasting the entire first arch just getting the entire cast togather would kill it. But, who knows. It could have been anything that got the comic killed. I still think that if the comic had launched earlier during DoX when it was supposed to the comic may have lasted longer. But, I could easily be wrong.

    So, does any one want to take a guess as to where Archangel might end up next.
    Limbo? The Pit with Sabretooth? The Quiet Council? Reunion with Betsy? Off of the island and back with the main MU? None of these?
    where are you getting that its cancelled?

  14. #314
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where are you getting that its cancelled?
    People are assuming it is gone because it wasn't in the latest round of solicits and so far no issues have been solicited beyond those included in the first trade. However it is remains unconfirmed by any official source, and since multiple titles every month have been having skip months this year it is premature to say X-CORP is cancelled at this point.

    I think some people are just jumping the gun because they didn't expect this book to last long in the first place.

  15. #315
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    5,781

    Default

    I don't think it's been "canceled", I think it's ending where it was supposed to.

    You'd think by now someone would have just asked Tini Howard on Twitter to confirm what's up...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •