Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    Is it cancelled already?

If I could choose, he'd be in X-Men. He probably will end up in Marauders, though, which will be a disaster considering how often Bobby actually appears in that book. I do hope he doesn't up end in X-Force again. Warren needs a break from black-ops stuff.

There probably will be new books after Inferno, though. Let's hope he lands on a nice one.
    If I ad to choose from one of the current comics, I would say X-Force or Hellions. The business man story doesn't seem to have worked for him.

Although X-Force might not work right now, given it's already overfilled cast and stories.

Hellions would work, seeing as Marvel seems to want Warren to have his split personality back. He would fit right in with that cast.

Definitely don't want him in Marauders. The comic is bad, and most of the cast isn't used.

I've never really cared for Archangel and Iceman as a team, so the two of them not showing up in the same comic would be a plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    There's been debate on whether or not X-Corp was always a mini (I say it was, based on Marvel's own solicits), but for some reason there's never been concrete confirmation from anyone actually involved with the book.
    Marvel themselves came out and said in their own solicits and previews guide that it was a monthly. Another site had initially reported it as a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where are you getting that its cancelled?
    I browsed through the X-Men comics October solicitations thread, and most of the posts said that X-Corp was canceled. I didn't read all the posts.
    I guess that I should have paid more attention to all the posts, because the comic could just be on skip month, Like Dermie pointed out in post #314 of this thread.
    Some other posters mentioned the same thing.
    Last edited by Thievery; 08-03-2021 at 06:14 AM. Reason: spelling

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Marvel themselves came out and said in their own solicits and previews guide that it was a monthly. Another site had initially reported it as a mini.
    When/where? The Previews catalog that's at my LCS had it listed as X-Corp #1 (of 5), #2 (of 5), etc.

Either way I guess it doesn't matter now. It just sucks that it was the only place Warren was appearing regularly, because it's been mediocre at best...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

If I ad to choose from one of the current comics, I would say X-Force or Hellions. The business man story doesn't seem to have worked for him.

Although X-Force might not work right now, given it's already overfilled cast and stories.

Hellions would work, seeing as Marvel seems to want Warren to have his split personality back. He would fit right in with that cast.

Definitely don't want him in Marauders. The comic is bad, and most of the cast isn't used.

I've never really cared for Archangel and Iceman as a team, so the two of them not showing up in the same comic would be a plus for me.
    I mentioned Marauders because it would probably make sense to get him in that book. He was a member of the Hellfire Club and it’s - in theory at least - the most business-like book we have other than X-Corp.

I wouldn’t want him there because while Warren is certainly a competent businessman and CEO of his own company, I want him to be a hero. After all, he was a hero before he even joined the X-Men. Besides that, I think it would be horrible for him to join that book because it’s an Emma-Kate show. There is already one of the few Krakoan omega mutants in the cast and he is barely used. Even Storm was barely used while she was there. What can I expect for Warren? No, please no.

It would make sense for him to join Hellions, I guess, if they’d make it so his Archangel personality is really taking over all the time. But I don’t want this personality conflict angle for him either. It’s all they’ve been writing for him in many years. At some point, this will be what the character will become and I want Warren to be more than this struggle.

Same for X-Force. Enough of black-ops stuff for him already. Warren is bright and heroic. Let him be that.

If X-Corp is actually canceled, I guess there will be new books to replace it and Cable and X-Factor (and even Way of X, which Spurrier hinted will become something else). And I’d prefer to wait so Warren lands in one of those new books than for him to be stuck in any of the current options (except for X-Men, but that - sadly - is not happening).

Incredible Member

He should run the bar like he did in AOA

Sorry for the late responses. I haven't been stopping by the forum very often as of late.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    I mentioned Marauders because it would probably make sense to get him in that book. He was a member of the Hellfire Club and it’s - in theory at least - the most business-like book we have other than X-Corp.

I wouldn’t want him there because while Warren is certainly a competent businessman and CEO of his own company, I want him to be a hero. After all, he was a hero before he even joined the X-Men. Besides that, I think it would be horrible for him to join that book because it’s an Emma-Kate show. There is already one of the few Krakoan omega mutants in the cast and he is barely used. Even Storm was barely used while she was there. What can I expect for Warren? No, please no.

It would make sense for him to join Hellions, I guess, if they’d make it so his Archangel personality is really taking over all the time. But I don’t want this personality conflict angle for him either. It’s all they’ve been writing for him in many years. At some point, this will be what the character will become and I want Warren to be more than this struggle.

Same for X-Force. Enough of black-ops stuff for him already. Warren is bright and heroic. Let him be that.

If X-Corp is actually canceled, I guess there will be new books to replace it and Cable and X-Factor (and even Way of X, which Spurrier hinted will become something else). And I’d prefer to wait so Warren lands in one of those new books than for him to be stuck in any of the current options (except for X-Men, but that - sadly - is not happening).
    It looks as though none of this matters now, seeing as there looks to be a line wide relaunch of some sort now that Hickman is leaving. I think that of the comics we know about now, X-Force would make the most sense.
    Archangel has been a member of that team before.

There's no chance that Warren suddenly joins the new X-Men team. That comic just started.
    EDIT: I just realized that is what you had said. I thought that you said X-Men made sense for Angel to appear in.

Not going to give up hope that Archangel doesn't appear somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    He should run the bar like he did in AOA
    Just off the top of my head, I can't recall Warren drinking in the X-Corp series. Nor do I recall him drinking at the Blob's bar. So its possible that Angel has still given up drinking.
    Now watch me me be wrong, and panels of Warren drinking are pointed out.

I like the Blob running the bar. I don't think that it would do much for Warren.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

It looks as though none of this matters now, seeing as there looks to be a line wide relaunch of some sort now that Hickman is leaving. I think that of the comics we know about now, X-Force would make the most sense.
    Archangel has been a member of that team before.

There's no chance that Warren suddenly joins the new X-Men team. That comic just started.
    EDIT: I just realized that is what you had said. I thought that you said X-Men made sense for Angel to appear in.

Not going to give up hope that Archangel doesn't appear somewhere.
    I'm honestly asking myself if the X-Force can be worse than X-Corp for Warren at this point. Tough choice, but a least in X-Corp he is not okay with being completely unethical.

I just want him to be a hero again, well-written on a title that matters. He's such an awesome character...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I have been reading X-Corps but I have been a bit disappointed.

BANNED

Question about Angel in The Last Stand:

What clothes did Warren wear during the Alcatraz fight, and at the very end of the movie, when he is flying in the sky?

Awesome! OG Inferno still an all-time favorite (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I bet Warren has been wanting to do that for a real long time. He has tried already but feathers vs blades now that's almost impossible. A punch would get him a stab.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, the memories!

Warren was on a role during that time (Hodge, Logan, & Nanny). Not sure why Louise could not do more with him after the crossover.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I can't believe that no one apparently has any thoughts on the conclusion of X-Corp!? /sarcasm
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Pre-Archangel Warren helps out, but then gets taken out by the Mandarin during the F4 Anniversary Tribute
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-01-2021 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I realy liked this fight.

I haven't been by the CBR boards in a while. Is there any news as to where Archangel might make some comic appearances.