Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well their sense of humor depends on who is writing them, when they're written by someone that likes both their senses of humor synch up and are on the same wave length, like the issue where they decided to go to the Hellfire Club before scott and Jean's wedding and Betsy made a small joke at Warren's expense...

We don't all have to agree exactly about every little thing for a character or pairing....

That's right Logan. The writer decides how a character acts and behaves during a story. I'm glad that we finally agree on this.

Now I demand that you acknowledge that it was PAD's right to decide that Monet and Siryn are best friends, just like it was the right of the writer of the Warren/Betsy story in the Hellfire Club to have Betsy make a joke a joke at Angel's expense. It was the right of that writer to write Angel and Betsy's humor as he saw fit.
    I demand that you go over to the Siryn thread and do it as soon as you log back in .

You didn't answer my question about what you thought about Charlotte Jones and Candy Southern. Do you just not like them, or do you just not have a strong opinion either way.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-25-2021 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling, but I'm sur that some of it is still wrong.

Ultimate Member

Candy Southern was really all before I got into the comics so no real interest in her and I never really had a problem with Charlotte, but could see how it could cause problems-being that she was a cop and such and how that could cause problems if the X-men were doing things that weren't exactly legal and all, I just liked Warren and Betsy better, I got into comics when his relationship with Charlotte was ending...

Candy got done dirty. She wasnt my favorite but she deserved better

I really hope Charlotte returns. Im rooting for the Angel-like kid in COTA to be her son Timmy. It would be a good use of history and quite fitting given his connection to Warren

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Candy Southern was really all before I got into the comics so no real interest in her and I never really had a problem with Charlotte, but could see how it could cause problems-being that she was a cop and such and how that could cause problems if the X-men were doing things that weren't exactly legal and all, I just liked Warren and Betsy better, I got into comics when his relationship with Charlotte was ending...
    Ah, never went and read some of the back issues with Candy, then. She was already dead by the time that I started reading comics, but I read a lot of back issues with her in them. I really liked her Defenders stories, as well as some of her appearances with the O5. She is actually my second favorite romance for Angel, only behind Betsy.
    Charlotte being a cop did end up causing some problems for her. Other cops used to give Charlotte flack for knowing Angel, if I remember correctly. And, I believe She was asked to steal something for the X-Men by the professor, and didn't like it. that or it was Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Candy got done dirty. She wasnt my favorite but she deserved better

I really hope Charlotte returns. Im rooting for the Angel-like kid in COTA to be her son Timmy. It would be a good use of history and quite fitting given his connection to Warren

I doubt if the Angel-like kid will be Tommy. I don't think that Marvel's sliding time scale would allow for it. Just off the top of my head, I don't believe that he was very old in X-Factor That, and it would really age the X-Men up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I doubt if the Angel-like kid will be Tommy. I don't think that Marvel's sliding time scale would allow for it. Just off the top of my head, I don't believe that he was very old in X-Factor That, and it would really age the X-Men up a lot.
    This is the world of comic books and characters rapidly aging is a thing. That could be tied into how he gets his powers. He was like 10 when he was first introduced back in the late 80s, so I can see him having aged 5-6 years. Jubilee has. We dont know hat this character looks like under his suit so it could just give him the impression of looking older than he actually is

This is the world of comic books and characters rapidly aging is a thing. That could be tied into how he gets his powers. He was like 10 when he was first introduced back in the late 80s, so I can see him having aged 5-6 years. Jubilee has. We dont know hat this character looks like under his suit so it could just give him the impression of looking older than he actually is
    You could be right. I think that it is meant to be only 10 years since the Fantastic Four first started, and that would seem to make the X-Factor stories not fit in all that well. But, different characters seem to be allowed to age at different speeds than others, so who knows.
    And as you say the Angel-looking kid could be younger than he looks outside the armor.

They would have to use that armor to explain the size of The-Angel looking kid as well, though. Even for a teen character that wouldn't have leg problems that teen version of Angel is built really muscular. I mean look at him. He looks like he has the body and muscles of a full grown adult.

Ah, never went and read some of the back issues with Candy, then. She was already dead by the time that I started reading comics, but I read a lot of back issues with her in them. I really liked her Defenders stories, as well as some of her appearances with the O5. She is actually my second favorite romance for Angel, only behind Betsy.
    Charlotte being a cop did end up causing some problems for her. Other cops used to give Charlotte flack for knowing Angel, if I remember correctly. And, I believe She was asked to steal something for the X-Men by the professor, and didn't like it. that or it was Storm.

It was Professor X that Charlotte Jones stole for, she didn't steel for for Storm. Storm jus happened to be in the same issue.
    Charlotte stole a coroners report. I had looked up the issue number, and now I have forgotten it. I believe that it happened in Uncanny X-Men volume 1 issue# 298.

Excalibur spoiler

spoilers:
    Warren is dating Queen Betsy and his ex wife is Kwannon!
    end of spoilers

Excalibur spoiler

spoilers:
    Warren is dating Queen Betsy and his ex wife is Kwannon!
    end of spoilers
    EDIT: SPOILERS ALERT!

It really was interesting to see that these three would end up in some kind of triangle in an alternate reality, given how closely linked they are in the main reality.

Now I would like to see all three of them interact in 616. It would be interesting to see how they all view each other. We do get to see more of how Betsy views her time in Kwannon's body, and how pissed alternate Kwannon was about it. Just want to see it in 616.

Betsy does confirm that she and Warren have not been in a relationship since Betsy returned to her original body. So there is an interesting bit of knowledge. It confirms that they are definitely not a couple as of now.

Who know if that will last though. I'm guessing that it does, and that they stay broken up, but without knowing how the two of them feel about eachother who really knows.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-27-2021 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Spoilers

Ultimate Member

It could and it might not, who knows...though also telling that Warren as of yet hasn't shown any interest in Kwannon last I knew, and it's not like it's been years since Betsy's been back in her original body either...

And things could easily change between them once she's back...and she could also be nervous about a relationship with Warren in her new body, or just taking time off to figure herself out first, just don't want to see people believe that if Betsy doesn't want a relationship with him right now that it doesn't mean that she won't in a little while...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-27-2021 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It could and it might not, who knows...though also telling that Warren as of yet hasn't shown any interest in Kwannon last I knew, and it's not like it's been years since Betsy's been back in her original body either...

And things could easily change between them once she's back...and she could also be nervous about a relationship with Warren in her new body, or just taking time off to figure herself out first, just don't want to see people believe that if Betsy doesn't want a relationship with him right now that it doesn't mean that she won't in a little while...
    Yes Logan, you are correct. We don't know how any of these characters feel about each other. At least not entirely.
    We don't know how Betsy feels about being in her old body, even though in my opinion I think that she would be happy about it, and probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with Angel just because of it. But who knows?

It appears that Kwannon dislikes Betsy, for understandable reasons. But that could change, although I doubt it. But, Who knows what might happen after they are in the same story.
    We don't know exactly how Angel feels about Betsy after the story in Uncanny-X-Men Disassembled. He seemed pretty upset about that one. He may not want to get back togather with her after what she did. But who knows until we read the actual stories.

And, we definitely don't know how Kwannon feels about Archangel. I doubt she is very fond of him. Angel may not like Kwannon very well either. I don't believe that we have ever seen Kwannon and Archangel interact. But, I could be wrong about.

We don't know the answer to any of these questions.

That's why so many people would like to read stories with them togather. It would be interesting to read about how they feel about each other.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-28-2021 at 08:42 AM.

Ultimate Member

No I just meant that she might wonder if he would still be interested in her now that she's in a different body and such, it could be a reason that so far nothing has happened between them, my fear is just that some would view them not being together as the final word on them being together or not...which we know that it wouldn't be...

Yes Logan, you are correct. We don't know how any of these characters feel about each other. At least not entirely.
    We don't know how Betsy feels about being in her old body, even though in my opinion I think that she would be happy about it, and probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with Angel just because of it. But who knows?

It appears that Kwannon dislikes Betsy, for understandable reasons. But that could change, although I doubt it. But, Who knows what might happen after they are in the same story.
    We don't know exactly how Angel feels about Betsy after the story in Uncanny-X-Men Disassembled. He seemed pretty upset about that one. He may not want to get back togather with her after what she did. But who knows until we read the actual stories.

And, we definitely don't know how Kwannon feels about Archangel. I doubt she is very fond of him. Angel may not like Kwannon very well either. I don't believe that we have ever seen Kwannon and Archangel interact. But, I could be wrong about.

We don't know the answer to any of these questions.

That's why so many people would like to read stories with them togather. It would be interesting to read about how they feel about each other.
    Would be nice if we got the 616 versions of these character finally interacting instead of AUs

Ultimate Member

Yes it would, which could also mean that Warren wouldn't be mad at her after what happened in Disassembled...