Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

When Warren fell in love with Betsy he fell in love with Betsy, not Kwannon, Kwannon was pretty much gone for much of thier romance until it was retconned into Kwannon still being there, so I doubt that Warren has any feelings or interest in Kwannon...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Warren loved Crimson Dawn Betsy. She is no longer like that at all.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Warren fell in love with Betsy before Crimson Dawn happened, he loved her before Scott and Jean's wedding...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Warren fell in love with Betsy before Crimson Dawn happened, he loved her before Scott and Jean's wedding...
    They started dating like 2-3 issues before the wedding. They werent in love before it

Astonishing Member

It looked like Warren just had an Asian fetish to me.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Then Thunderbird/Neal Shaara had an Asian fetish? And Fantomex had an Asian fetish? And Lady Fantomex (whatever her name was) had an Asian Fetish...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Personally, whenever they do these types of stories with Warren, my favorite will always be "Chiaroscuro" from Nocenti/Mazzucchelli (Marvel Fanfare #40):
    Thank you for the recommendation. I read the story. It was okay. I still prefer Archangel: Phantom Wings more. But, then I prefer metal winged Archangel stories to just about every feather winged version of Angel that I have ever read.

When Warren fell in love with Betsy he fell in love with Betsy, not Kwannon, Kwannon was pretty much gone for much of thier romance until it was retconned into Kwannon still being there, so I doubt that Warren has any feelings or interest in Kwannon...
    I wasn't sure if I should answer this one because Kwannon/Betsy comes up on every page of this thread. We are really going in circles on this one.
    I guess that until we get an on panel explanation for what Kwannon and Betsy currently think of Warren we just won't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Warren loved Crimson Dawn Betsy. She is no longer like that at all.
    My personal belief is that Warren loved Betsy for more than her Crimson Dawn Powers. Just because the two of them started dating after Betsy became Asian, that doesn't mean that Warren only loved her because she was Asian. It would be interesting to see if Kwannon had any influence over whether Betsy had any feelings for Warren though.

One interesting point that was recently revealed was that Warren and Betsy haven't dated since Betsy regained her original body. It was stated in the most recent issue of Excalibur. It might mean something, it might not.

I personally interpret it as Warren still being upset with Betsy over what happened in Uncanny Disassembled.

Warren has had significant relationships with Laura Kinney, Candy Southern, Charlotte Jones, and Paige Guthrie. None of them are Asian.

Plus, there was his long time pursuit of Jean Grey.

So I don't see how you can come up with the idea that Archangel has an Asian fetish.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-05-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Then Thunderbird/Neal Shaara had an Asian fetish? And Fantomex had an Asian fetish? And Lady Fantomex (whatever her name was) had an Asian Fetish...?
    No, just Warren. And apparently...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post

Warren has had significant relationships with Laura Kinney, Candy Southern, Charlotte Jones, and Paige Guthrie. None of them are Asian.

Plus, there was his long time pursuit of Jean Grey.

So I don't see how you can come up with the idea that Archangel has an Asian fetish.
    ...he's also a hebophile.

Warren dated Laura Kinney when Warren was a teenager who had traveled to the future during the Bendis run. No pedophilia there.

Paige Guthrie was legal age when she dated Angel.

So take that back to your mycomicshop.com and see if you like reading those stories

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I hate to be *that* guy (as there are plenty of appreciation threads I'd love to troll as well), but I'm gonna guess that you're not exactly an Archangel appreciator.

Try to keep the baiting to a minimum.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I don’t think warren has an Asian fetish. I don’t think any of his ex’s that I can think of have been Asian and I’ve never seen him try try to pick up women by telling them how much he loves anime.

Even if Kwannon wasn’t part of Psylocke’s psychology back in the body meld days (she was though) there’s no reason why he’s officially broken up with Betsy but he might develop feelings for Kwannon. I mean they’re so good together and I love them together because they both felt like they had been used and they were dirty but they really weren’t.

Ultimate Member

Paige was also done 100% by Austen, who liked to have every one of his books dripping in sex even if it made no sense so that was all him, and yeah Warren didn't then and doesn't now have an Asian fetish, and so far do we even had confirmation that the two, he and Betsy, have even spent five minutes together since she's been back in her new body, yeah no sex but if they've barely been in the same place for very long then it's no surprise really...

Warren doesnt have a type. He's been attracted to and dated a wide range of women from Dazzler to Jean to Candy to Charlotte to Psylocke to Paige to Laura. There isnt much consistency

Ultimate Member

His only fetish is beautiful women...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I hate to be *that* guy (as there are plenty of appreciation threads I'd love to troll as well), but I'm gonna guess that you're not exactly an Archangel appreciator.

Try to keep the baiting to a minimum.
    Oh c'mon, you're not going to tell me you were fine that Warren had sex with a teenage Paige in front of her mother and friends?