Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Actually at the time they had sex Austen stated that Paige was 19, so she wasn't in high school...and I'd say that most of us here were not fans of that particular scene...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Thank you for the recommendation. I read the story. It was okay. I still prefer Archangel: Phantom Wings more. But, then I prefer metal winged Archangel stories to just about every feather winged version of Angel that I have ever read.
    You're welcome. Glad to know you gave it a chance. I also prefer metallic-winged Archangel over feathery-winged Warren...

But, I'm willing to be flexible when it comes to the classics...

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-06-2021 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Oh c'mon, you're not going to tell me you were fine that Warren had sex with a teenage Paige in front of her mother and friends?
    I was absolutely not fine with it. But thankfully that relationship was short-lived, and to my knowledge no other writers have referenced it since.

But as we both know that wasn't my point.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    You're welcome. Glad to know you gave it a chance. I also prefer metallic-winged Archangel over feathery-winged Warren...

But, I'm willing to be flexible when it comes to the classics...

Are these stories just reprints of Angel's origin story that was shown in the old X-Men comics, or do they have more origin story?

I recently re-read the story where Angel's uncle Burt kills Angel's mom. It's from X-Men Hidden years. Burt still had the Dazzler codename.

I did not think that it was very good. The X-Men look like fools for trusting the evil doctor character. The X-Men should have just beat Burt's ass from the get go. Having read the story again, it's no wonder that no one wants to use Burt/Dazzler again. He makes Maximus Lobo look like an A list villain in comparison. All Lobo was was one of the two goons who killed Angel's dad for Burt/Dazzler.

The only interesting thing about this story was that the X-Men were able to make the story's comparison to Hamlet right away.

I t didn't help that the story like three issues to tell it. One issue would have been plenty to tell this story.

Are these stories just reprints of Angel's origin story that was shown in the old X-Men comics, or do they have more origin story?
    According to this wiki-website, various material was excerpted from numerous Marvel Comics. However, there were a few redone artwork from other artists:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve...iverse_Vol_1_8

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Marve...iverse_Vol_1_9

Ultimate Member

Though many are unhappy that the writer of Excalibur is writing it, so it might be one of those be careful what you wish for kind of things with Warren finally being in a book...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    According to this wiki-website, various material was excerpted from numerous Marvel Comics. However, there were a few redone artwork from other artists:

[
    Thank you for the information. I wasn't sure if the stories were new or not because neither of the costumes on those covers were Angel's original one.

I cant either. I've been hoping for this comic for a while.
    I'm happy that Tina is the writer.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though many are unhappy that the writer of Excalibur is writing it, so it might be one of those be careful what you wish for kind of things with Warren finally being in a book...
    I'm happy that Tina is writing the X-Corp comic. I enjoy Excalibur.
    What do you think of Excalibur, Logan. Do you lie it or not?

I was excited till I heard about Tini. Im also not digging the art. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was excited till I heard about Tini. Im also not digging the art. Oh well.
    I know that I'm in the minority on this particular forum, but I like Excalibur.
    So I'm happy about Tina as the writer. Makes me look forward to this comic even more.

I will reserve judgement on the art. I haven't seen enough of this artist's work before to know how I feel about it. It doesn't look to bad at first glance.

I really like that cover, the way that it uses Monet and Warren's shadow to show their Penance and Archangel forms.

Ultimate Member

So far Excalibur seems a mess, with it supposed to have Betsy as the lead but Apocalypse seems to be the lead instead, the writer doesn't seem to have much reason for having Gambit and Rogue on the team at all, seems like a lot of set up with no payoff, the book was supposed to be about mutant magic but we're many issues in and people still don't understand it, so I'm concerned about this book as well and fear that Warren won't be written well...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So far Excalibur seems a mess, with it supposed to have Betsy as the lead but Apocalypse seems to be the lead instead, the writer doesn't seem to have much reason for having Gambit and Rogue on the team at all, seems like a lot of set up with no payoff, the book was supposed to be about mutant magic but we're many issues in and people still don't understand it, so I'm concerned about this book as well and fear that Warren won't be written well...
    Rogue and Gambit are in Excalibur because they are popular
    The way Tini writes Gambit is awful (she hates the character, there is no other explanation) but I feel like she has improved a bit with Rogue since X of Swords ended
    Anyway, Tini also co-wrote Empyre X-Men #1 and the chemistry between Warren and Monet was perfect
    It's not clear who wrote what between Hickman and Tini, but I try to be optimistic

I know that I'm in the minority on this particular forum, but I like Excalibur.
    So I'm happy about Tina as the writer. Makes me look forward to this comic even more.

I will reserve judgement on the art. I haven't seen enough of this artist's work before to know how I feel about it. It doesn't look to bad at first glance.

I really like that cover, the way that it uses Monet and Warren's shadow to show their Penance and Archangel forms.
    You and me both, I'm very excited about Tini writing this book and I'm glad to see Warren and Monet finally getting the respect they deserve and leading a book

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Add me to the list of people really looking forward to X-Corp! I don't think Excalibur has lived up to its potential, but by no means is it awful. I suspect Howard was saddled with laying a lot of groundwork for "X of Swords", and that probably effected a lot of what she did in the beginning. As we've already seen, she's getting back to Betsy now that that bloated crossover has ended.

I didn't read the X-Men tie in to Empyre, but have only heard good things about it. And Howard sounds excited about this book, so I'm sure she'll bring her A-game. Based on the preview though, I don't think the interior art matches the tone of the (excellent!) cover at all.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES