Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Add me to the list of people really looking forward to X-Corp! I don't think Excalibur has lived up to its potential, but by no means is it awful. I suspect Howard was saddled with laying a lot of groundwork for "X of Swords", and that probably effected a lot of what she did in the beginning. As we've already seen, she's getting back to Betsy now that that bloated crossover has ended.

I didn't read the X-Men tie in to Empyre, but have only heard good things about it. And Howard sounds excited about this book, so I'm sure she'll bring her A-game. Based on the preview though, I don't think the interior art matches the tone of the (excellent!) cover at all.
    X of Swords wasnt forced on her. The concept and most of it was her idea. She's been given relatively a lot of freedom in this era. Hickman has trusted her as his second in command

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X of Swords wasnt forced on her. The concept and most of it was her idea. She's been given relatively a lot of freedom in this era. Hickman has trusted her as his second in command
    Eww, really? Well then I take back my defense of her.... lol
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    You and me both, I'm very excited about Tini writing this book and I'm glad to see Warren and Monet finally getting the respect they deserve and leading a book
    Yeah, now I just want to see which characters make up the rest of the cast.

Add me to the list of people really looking forward to X-Corp! I don't think Excalibur has lived up to its potential, but by no means is it awful. I suspect Howard was saddled with laying a lot of groundwork for "X of Swords", and that probably effected a lot of what she did in the beginning. As we've already seen, she's getting back to Betsy now that that bloated crossover has ended.

I didn't read the X-Men tie in to Empyre, but have only heard good things about it. And Howard sounds excited about this book, so I'm sure she'll bring her A-game. Based on the preview though, I don't think the interior art matches the tone of the (excellent!) cover at all.
    I thought that the X-Corp story in X-Men Empyre was the best part of that tie in. I felt that the miniseries went down hill after the X-Corp characters became less prominent.

Cover art and interior art doesn't always match on comics these days. You would think that comic companies would try to match cover and interior artists a little more, but for whatever reason they dont.
    I think that the interior art makes a little sense though. The cover art shows two business people who have some sort of hidden alternate form. The interior art could be meant to show Monet and Warren as good looking, respectable busines people, only to have darker forms hiding under the surface. Or, maybe that's just meant to be a play on business companies in general. They look nice, polished and helpful on the surface, but really hide shady people doing not so good things out of sight behind the scenes.

Howard has a corporate background, so I think that is part of why she seems so excited about this comic.

I'm not going to give Howard a free pass on X of Swords, because it wasn't the best of stories. And, she is surely to blame for some of that.
    However, the crossover was extended to include more chapters because Marvel wanted it to include more issues. The event was padded out longer than it was originally intended.
    And, she wasn't the only writer working on the project who wrote some bad stories during the event.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-13-2021 at 04:33 PM.

It sucks, but it X-Corp is really a five issue miniseries. I was looing forward to this cmic.

Archangel will probably go back to limbo after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    It sucks, but it X-Corp is really a five issue miniseries. I was looing forward to this cmic.

Archangel will probably go back to limbo after this.
    Where are you getting that from?

Where are you getting that from?
    That is what the initial May solicitations said. It would be a five issue mini series.

Now, it is being reported by Marvel as an ongoing monthly. The solicits have been changed to match that. It may have just been some confusion on Marvel's part. Or, maybe they are still confused lol.

I think the X-line could use a few more miniseries. They're literally milking every possible aspect of the current status quo for another ongoing...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I think the X-line could use a few more miniseries. They're literally milking every possible aspect of the current status quo for another ongoing...
    Nothing wrong with another monthly in my opinion. It gives every reader something to choose from.

I'd really prefer for X-Corp to be an ongoing tittle. If it's a miniseries, Archangel would likely just go back to limbo when it was over.

Plus, I just like the idea of a corporate team of X-Men that deal with things like pharmaceuticals.

I know that the Marauders monthly already exists, but I'm becoming a little tired of that comic. It's really just turned into Pirates of the Caribbean, and focusses to much on Emma and Kate. The other characters don't get much time. And what little bit of business that is shown mostly involves the the Hellfire Brats, Hominus Verdi or whatever the Hellfire Brats call themselves these days.

It's a shame, because I really liked the Marauders comic when it started. Great cast and idea.

I think that the jury may still be out on whether or not X-Corp is a monthly or miniseries. I believe that it was Bleeding Cool that first reported that it was a miniseries. Bleeding Cool gets things right a lot of times. I don't go there often myself, only if another member of this forum says that the guy has some X-Men news. But the guy is right often.
    EDIT: At least I think that it was Bleeding Cool. It could have been someone else.

I'm not sure who from Marvel stated that it was a monthly. I've just seen other members of this forum say that Marvel is calling it a monthly.

Guess that we will have to wait and see. If there are more cast members announced, and who those cast members are it may mean that it is a monthly. If it is just a mini, it can probably get by with just Archangel and Penance, and maybe an oddball character.
    Last edited by Thievery; 02-18-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Nothing wrong with there being something for everyone, but at a certain point you just start to dilute your own line.

And none of this is directed at X-Corp; obviously the books starring *my* personal favorites are not the superfluous ones.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Nothing wrong with there being something for everyone, but at a certain point you just start to dilute your own line.

And none of this is directed at X-Corp; obviously the books starring *my* personal favorites are not the superfluous ones.
    Yep, I agree. It's those damn comics that don't have any of my favorite characters that have to go. It's the readers whose favorite characters appear in other comics that should be screwed .

But I really do like the idea of X-Corp. And for myself, It would give me a chance to read Archangel in stories that he usually doesn't take part in. Warren's business company usually doesn't play a large part in his story.

And, right now I honestly don't think that dilution is the X-comics biggest problem. I'm all for world building and setting things up for the big conclusion and reveal, but I think the slow pace is hurting the X-Men a little bit right now. I think that we should have gotten a proper main team of X-Men already, not just average stories about the Summers family in a comic called the X-Men. And, while I think that it is a good idea to show little of Moira X, I do think that we should have seen a few scenes with her by now, even if they are only small ones. Just to help the DoX era move along at a faster pace.

Has Warren had any interaction with Betsy since she became Captain Britain?

Ultimate Member

So far little to none, though so far as I know none of the writers have given us a reason why...

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Has Warren had any interaction with Betsy since she became Captain Britain?
    None that I recall. One time Betsy used a gate to enter Krkoa, and Warren was seen in the background. They didn't speak though.

Betsy states in Excalibur 17 that she and Warren have not dated since Betsy gained her original body back.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So far little to none, though so far as I know none of the writers have given us a reason why...
    Well, the two of them are on different teams. And as I mentioned earlier, the two of them have not been togather since Betsy gained her original body back. They only dated when Betsy was trapped in Kwannon's body.
    So it may just be a case of the writers just not being interested in writing an ex-couple.

I would be surprised if it is not mentioned that the two of them have not dated at some point in the main reality, however. I think that the writers will have them interact eventually. It just seems to make two much sense to take advantage of a story like that. The writers may just be waiting for a different time to address the issue.

Ultimate Member

Well sadly I think that Hickman and others have their couples that they like and if W/B aren't on that list then they'll just ignore their history for the most part...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    None that I recall. One time Betsy used a gate to enter Krkoa, and Warren was seen in the background. They didn't speak though.

Betsy states in Excalibur 17 that she and Warren have not dated since Betsy gained her original body back.
    It doesn't seem like any of the current writers have any real interest in Betsy and Warren as a couple. It was really only Remender who pushed them anyway, especially since he was the one to reunite them after years.

I'd frankly be fine with Warren and Jean as an alternative since I always felt they would work well together as well although that may be nostalgia from the X-Factor days when it did seem like they might come together since Scott was technically unavailable.