Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Thank you. It's hard for me to keep the old cartoons straight in terms of when they happen. I don't watch them, but it is nice to know the timeline that they happen in. Gives me a better sense of what is happening when across Marvel's combined media
    Storm is wearing a white version of her usual costume. Does she wear that at all during the comics at this time? My copies of the X-Men stories from around this time are usually from the black and white Essentials X-Men collections. When I get a chance to re-read the stories in color for the first time, it can make the stories look and read a lot different.
    Thanks in advance.
    Wish I could be of more help, but the best I can do is post images from 1981/1982 of what she was wearing.

From these images, it appears to be the classic costume:

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Wish I could be of more help, but the best I can do is post images from 1981/1982 of what she was wearing.

From these images, it appears to be the classic costume:
    Sorry for the late response.

Thank you for the help that you did give me. Those pictures from the comics do show Storm in her original costume, and it does help me to get a better understanding of when the Spider-Man cartoon was taking place during that part of the X-Men's publication history. I just like to know things like that.
    I guess that the white coloring on Storm's costume was just a mistake.

So, has there been any more attempt made on Marvel's part to clarify whether X-Corp is a monthly series or miniseries.
    Like an interview from one of the creators working on the comic, or an editor. I know that the writers, artists, and editors sometimes go on twitter or podcasts to talk about their comics. I think that Howard was on a podcast recently, from reading the Betsy Braddock thread. I think that an official statement from one of them would clarify things more than just putting out a statement that it is a monthly comic despite what the solicitations and Previews catalog say.

EDIT: Damn, my bad. I meant to post this in the X-Corps thread. But I'll leave my question here incase someone sees it and has an answer.
    Last edited by Thievery; 03-05-2021 at 01:30 PM.

https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...-Changes--0223
    This is not directly from Marvel but I think Diamond is a reliable source for this kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Wars View Post
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...-Changes--0223
    This is not directly from Marvel but I think Diamond is a reliable source for this kind of things.
    Sorry for the late response to your answer.

I really do appreciate it, so thanks.

Your reference to Diamond does help me to understand the X-Corp situation better. So thank you for your answer.

You're welcome

Well, with X-Corp being an ongoing, I'm really looking forward to what Planet X-Men and the Hell Fire Gala can do to help the X-Corp members.

The only members of the team that we know of so far are Monet and Archangel. They would both fit in well with the high society nature of the Hellfire Club. It will be fun to see how they and whatever other cast members that appear in the comic will get along with Emma Frost, and her group.

I could see the Hellfire Gala being the story that shows how X-Corp will be different from the Marauders. Right now, both comics look like they are comics about rich people who are involved in pharmaceuticals. Hopefully this shows the difference between the two companies.

I am surprised this thread is still active. How are all of you and any good Warren news?
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Sorry, I accidentally left your post out of my first post.

I prefer the metal winged Angel for sure.
    I don't believe that he is to dark and broody right now. I think that he seems pretty well adjusted. H seemed fairly happy in that X-Men: Empyre miniseries. Not at all dark and angsty. Although I do prefer the meaner, darker version of Archangel myself.

That run of Defenders was pretty good for Angel, though. I really enjoyed reading it.

And you typed faster than me.

I really don't like that costume that Storm is wearing in the first picture.

So you want to see more of the Storm/Angel interaction from that old story, eh. What is it about it that you like? I'm not criticising your opinion. I'm just curious about it.

It would sure cause an uproar with the Storm/Black Panther fans though, that's for sure.
    Kind of forgot that Warren suppose to be strikingly good looking
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I am surprised this thread is still active. How are all of you and any good Warren news?
    I think many of the people that are still posting on this forum are doing fine considering the Covid-19 disaster. We do seem to have had some members disappear since the Covid-19 outbreak started. It's sad, and I'm worried for them.

It's nice to hear from you again, Izanami. I was worried that something bad might have happened to you. The CBR forum is better off with you posting in it.

As for Warren, he looks like he will be getting a starring role in the upcoming X-Corp comic. It will be a corporate themed comic.

Why are you always so surprised that this thread is still active when you pop in? Archangel has fans, and his threads usually build up more pages than many other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Kind of forgot that Warren suppose to be strikingly good looking
    My understanding of the situation is that while Warren is supposed to be strikingly handsome, you can't tell because most male characters are drawn as being more handsome than you would typically see in real life.

I can't really tell though, because I'm heterosexual, not LGBT+. I just have to take every one's word that a male character is drawn as good looking, seeing as I can't really tell. The only thing that I can typically spot in regards to a male characters looks is when the character is meant to be drawn particularly ugly or deformed.

It's the same way with the woman though. The large majority of female characters are drawn as run way models. I can tell when the woman are drawn as being hot.

I've never understood why readers find hot looking characters to be such a turn on. I find it to be a little creepy that people are so turned on by drawings of fictional characters that they have to come online and talk about how drawings of fictional characters is a turn on for them, and how they rush online to talk about how they salivate over how hot looking a fictional character is to them.

But that's just my opinion. Maybe I'm the strange person for not finding art work of fictional characters to be such a turn on.

Ultimate Member

Well remember that even as far back as the Flintstone's animated characters were thought to be hot with Wilma and Betty, so it's about the same thing, and I think that more recent artists are far better at making hot looking characters that the earlier ones, though some of that was intentional the older artists didn't even try to do...anyway though I think that some of the characters have commented over the years about Warren's good looks compared to other characters and such so there's that...

As for covid, my oldest nephew's father in law had it and recovered and my dad's oldest friend had it along with his wife and they both recovered, so far though my immediate family has been spared and my mom has already gotten her first vaccine shot...

As for X-Corp, so far I'm fearful of it not being good, not because I don't like Warren as a character but it's being written by the same writer as Excalibur and that book has its fair share of critics for the writing, and I'm not sure if Warren will be stuck being little more than a businessman in the book or not...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well remember that even as far back as the Flintstone's animated characters were thought to be hot with Wilma and Betty, so it's about the same thing, and I think that more recent artists are far better at making hot looking characters that the earlier ones, though some of that was intentional the older artists didn't even try to do...anyway though I think that some of the characters have commented over the years about Warren's good looks compared to other characters and such so there's that...

As for covid, my oldest nephew's father in law had it and recovered and my dad's oldest friend had it along with his wife and they both recovered, so far though my immediate family has been spared and my mom has already gotten her first vaccine shot...

As for X-Corp, so far I'm fearful of it not being good, not because I don't like Warren as a character but it's being written by the same writer as Excalibur and that book has its fair share of critics for the writing, and I'm not sure if Warren will be stuck being little more than a businessman in the book or not...
    I'm really sorry to hear about all of the Covid-19 problems that you family has run into, Logan. Terrible stuff.

I should have put in my first post that I realize that most characters are drawn as attractive because attractive looking people are thought to make a show, movie, or some other form of visual media more money. It's why most actors and actresses are cast as good looking people regardless of there acting ability. People just seem to like looking at attractive lookin people on screen. Or, I believe that that is how the theory goes. I don't watch much television or movies.

I really liked reading the X-Men Monday #99 interview about the new X-Corp comic. I don't think that anyone ever thought that the comic would only involve the characters in business scenes, and the interview confirms that. I don't know if you have read the interview, but it was a good one, and you might want to read it before you pass on buying X-Corp, Logan.

Ultimate Member

I'll take a wait and see approach to the book, besides I'm not sure whether the book will sell well enough, even if it is great...

Incredible Member

You guys talking about Storm and Agel, it reminds me of Wolverine and the Xmen.

I would love to see more of Archangel in the cartoon!

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'll take a wait and see approach to the book, besides I'm not sure whether the book will sell well enough, even if it is great...
    So your not going to buy the comic because you think that it wont sell well enough? That seems like a strange approach to me. I would definitely buy a comic even if I thought that it wouldn't sell. I wouldn't want to miss out on a good comic just becuas sells might not look promising. And besides, if enough readers purchase the comic, it might help to convince Marvel to give the comic a second chance.

But, it is your money, and I won't tell you how to spend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    You guys talking about Storm and Agel, it reminds me of Wolverine and the Xmen.

I would love to see more of Archangel in the cartoon!

That's kind of interesting. I don't watch much T.V., so I had never seen that before.

Were Archangel and Storm meant to be a couple? I f they were, I think that that ship has come to an end. And, I wouldn't want to see the Storm/Black Panther fans' reaction to this cartoon. They are really super dedicated to that pair. They might burn this thread down. This thread could turn into a real mess.

Or, maybe that would make this thread more interesting, having to constantly engage in a shipping warfare with those fans .