Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This is hands down the best I’ve ever seen Warren look/handled...:

^^^Bagley made him look dashing af, and the sequence itself really gave it a swashbuckling Nightwing vibe, as Warren just flew circles around the T Bolts. Busiek let us know that Warren’s been perfecting his style for years, while other flyers might just use their ability to get from point A to point B. Busiek also made sure we knew how good looking Warren is.

^^^the next issue we get another line that builds up Warren’s flying as he mentions thinking in three dimensions.
    This is the sleek look and characterization Warren should always have imho.
    I really liked this issue. One of the best issues that Angel had when he had his feather wings only. Busiek and Bagley did a great job with him.

I'm a ride and die for his metal wings reader myself. They just lead to better stories for Warren in my opinion. Cooler looking to. They also make him more valuable in a fight, and not just a punching bag.
    I really felt that Archangel would have made for a great member of the Thunderbolts at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    For me it's hoping for the best but preparing for the worst kind of a thing...hoping that I get pleasantly surprised...
    I'm going to be optimistic. I think that Archangel has a good chance of being in that new X-Corp comic. He already made an appearance with them in that X-Men Empyre mini.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-03-2021 at 08:24 PM.

Ultimate Member

Sadly Warren often gets overlooked due to writers and such preferring Jean and Scott and others...

Fine, you keep being be the pessimist this year, Logan . One of my New Year's resolutions is to be less of a cynical bastard, so I'll be the optimist.

So, if Archangel were to become a part of the X-Corp book, what do people think his role would be. Leader? Board Member? Middle Manager? Underling for Monet?

Ultimate Member

It would depend on the mission of the team and if the team is actually given a chance and has some weight behind it or it they're just a place to put characters that the rest of the writers don't want to have on their team, used mostly to clean up the other teams messes and such...yeah I can be pessimistic often but sadly my pessimism often turns out to be correct...but as always would love to be proven wrong on Warren and others...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Fine, you keep being be the pessimist this year, Logan . One of my New Year's resolutions is to be less of a cynical bastard, so I'll be the optimist.

So, if Archangel were to become a part of the X-Corp book, what do people think his role would be. Leader? Board Member? Middle Manager? Underling for Monet?
    As two of my favorites, I'd love to see Warren and Monet co-headline the book!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

On another note, I know we saw some Warren/Betsy in Rosenberg's Uncanny run, but have we seen any interaction between him and Kwannon? I know it wasn't her mind, but that was still her body that was involved with him for so long. I'd be curious to see what their new dynamic is, considering they're both so different than they were then.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

It would depend on the mission of the team and if the team is actually given a chance and has some weight behind it or it they're just a place to put characters that the rest of the writers don't want to have on their team, used mostly to clean up the other teams messes and such...yeah I can be pessimistic often but sadly my pessimism often turns out to be correct...but as always would love to be proven wrong on Warren and others...
    I thought that the mission statement of the X-Corp team was spelled out pretty clearly in the X:Men Empyre mini series. They ae a corporate team that would take on corrupt corporate villains and have some other adventures. Unless that changes, and I don't see why it would, than I doubt that the comic would just be a dumping place for some characters. They would have their own reason to exist as a team.

So I'm really hoping that Archangel ends up in the X-Corp comic.

Of course, they could also just end up going to the Hellfire Gala only, and not be a part of the X-Corp team. I kind of doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    As two of my favorites, I'd love to see Warren and Monet co-headline the book!
    Yeah, Archangel and Penance are two of my favorite characters as well. I would happily read a comic with both of them in it, even if they may not be co-headliners. It would be interesting to see who the other members of the team are.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    On another note, I know we saw some Warren/Betsy in Rosenberg's Uncanny run, but have we seen any interaction between him and Kwannon? I know it wasn't her mind, but that was still her body that was involved with him for so long. I'd be curious to see what their new dynamic is, considering they're both so different than they were then.
    I'm not aware of any interactions between Warren and Kwannon. Unless I am mistaken, Kwannon has some memories of the time spent in Kwannon's body. If she does, that could make things awkward between Warren and Kwannon, seeing as how Betsy used Kwannon's body to have sex with Warren. Even if Kwannon has no memories of Betsy using her body that way, it could still make things pretty awkward between Warren and Kwannon. Like what do the two of them think of each other. Do they even respect each other.
    So yeah, it would be interesting to see what their dynamic togather is.

Ultimate Member

Well it's not like Betsy had a choice in the matter, and at the time it was her body remember, actually a mix of Betsy and Kwannon's body as it wasn't just a straight up bodyswap like some want to make it out to be...as for M I'd rather she get rid of the whole Penance part of her...

Well it's not like Betsy had a choice in the matter, and at the time it was her body remember, actually a mix of Betsy and Kwannon's body as it wasn't just a straight up bodyswap like some want to make it out to be...as for M I'd rather she get rid of the whole Penance part of her...
    Logan, buddy, I wasn't trying to insinuate that it was Betsy's fault that she was using the body that she was trapped in. She thought that Kwannon was dead, and that the body was exclusively hers.

I was merely trying to point out that things could be awkward between Kwannon and Warren because Kwannon's body was being used to have sex with Warren, and we don't really know how Kwannon feels about that.

As far as M goes, the Penance body and why she is using it is a plot point that will eventually be mentioned, how it came about, and how Monet feels about it. If I remember correctly.

Same thing with Warren. eventually we are going to find out how he gained some new powers, if I remember correctly

Ultimate Member

Well again it's not Kwannon's body, it's a mix of Betsy and Kwannon's body so...for Warren it would probably about as awkward as him meeting Laura, given that his teen version slept with her...

It was originally Kwannon's body. I doubt they will touch up on that but it would make for an interesting scene.

As much as I love Nicieza and his run, the whole "blended body" arc just made things that much more sticky. I would think that, yeah, the body Warren fell in love with was the Asian-body-formerly-known-as-Kwannon. Even if the soul inside had a healthy dose of British Besty, when he looks at Kwannon now, he sees the woman he was in love with for years.

It doesn't have to be a huge deal (let's face it, no writers care enough to make it a huge deal), but a page or two of them just talking and acknowledging their past would be cool.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Ultimate Member

Well technically it wasn't fully Kwannon's body, whether we like the bodyswap storyline or not they didn't just switch bodies, the two were mixed together so much so that they couldn't be told apart, even by those with telepathy...he fell for Betsy not just because she was in the more Asian of the two bodies so I doubt that he'd be in love with Kwannon, he'd admit that she was good looking but most of what he loves about Betsy is not because of her looks...

Well technically it wasn't fully Kwannon's body, whether we like the bodyswap storyline or not they didn't just switch bodies, the two were mixed together so much so that they couldn't be told apart, even by those with telepathy...he fell for Betsy not just because she was in the more Asian of the two bodies so I doubt that he'd be in love with Kwannon, he'd admit that she was good looking but most of what he loves about Betsy is not because of her looks...
    Try telling that to 99% of the men in the world...

I'm kidding of course. We all fall for people's insides, right?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Ultimate Member

All I was trying to say about that was his love for her is not largely based on her looks alone, sure it's a part of it but he loves Betsy...