Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

I always felt bad for Warren. He never gets the attention that other X-men. I like the blue skin on him. It makes him stand out a bit more. As for his hellfire gala outfit. It isn’t that it’s bad, it’s more like there wasn’t much care to make his look better.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angleman70 View Post
    Hello everyone, new to this thread. I’m a archangel/Warren fan. I usually post on the Lorna Dane site. These two characters are my favorites.

Here’s a question, would anyone on here support a Warren/Lorna relationship? I brought this topic up on the Polaris thread. I thought that both of them haven’t explored a relationship that didn’t involve just being colleagues. So what do you think?
    If they’d try it now, it would probably become one of those relationships that will be dropped as soon as a new writer arrives. If you don’t mind that, I guess it’s okay. But considering you're a fan of the characters, I guess it would bother you, right?

The reason I think it wouldn't work on the long run is that, in my opinion, Lorna needs to be better defined as a character first. It's hard to make a relationship feel real when you don't really understand why the characters are together in the first place. And if the relationship doesn’t feel real, it becomes disposable, unfortunately.

I'm a huge fan of Scott and Jean as a couple. But if Marvel ever breaks them apart, I'd love to see Jean and Warren together.

They’ve been true friends forever, they really understand and love each other. They're the epitome of what it means to be heroic. At the same time, they've both been responsible for genocides. They both get what it is really like to have other personae living inside their heads. They're willing (or even compelled) to try new approaches when they see something is wrong: as misguided as it was at first, they're the ones who created X-Factor, for instance, and it turned out to become a success later.

So they could go fly together, be glamorous, spend millions on crazy charities and initiatives, lead teams and make the most gorgeous babies ever. On top of that, they look iconic together. :)

I really think they have everything going for them to easily become one of Marvel's power couple. And if that’s not happening, I’d like Warren to have this kind of relationship (one that makes sense, that you can easily fall in love with and support) with someone else, because I love him. :)

I don’t think that’s Lorna. At least, not yet. But I don’t hate the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    If theyÂ’d try it now, it would probably become one of those relationships that will be dropped as soon as a new writer arrives. If you donÂ’t mind that, I guess itÂ’s okay. But considering you're a fan of the characters, I guess it would bother you, right?

The reason I think it wouldn't work on the long run is that, in my opinion, Lorna needs to be better defined as a character first. It's hard to make a relationship feel real when you don't really understand why the characters are together in the first place. And if the relationship doesnÂ’t feel real, it becomes disposable, unfortunately.

I'm a huge fan of Scott and Jean as a couple. But if Marvel ever breaks them apart, I'd love to see Jean and Warren together.

TheyÂ’ve been true friends forever, they really understand and love each other. They're the epitome of what it means to be heroic. At the same time, they've both been responsible for genocides. They both get what it is really like to have other personae living inside their heads. They're willing (or even compelled) to try new approaches when they see something is wrong: as misguided as it was at first, they're the ones who created X-Factor, for instance, and it turned out to become a success later.

So they could go fly together, be glamorous, spend millions on crazy charities and initiatives, lead teams and make the most gorgeous babies ever. On top of that, they look iconic together.

I really think they have everything going for them to easily become one of Marvel's power couple. And if thatÂ’s not happening, IÂ’d like Warren to have this kind of relationship (one that makes sense, that you can easily fall in love with and support) with someone else, because I love him.

I donÂ’t think thatÂ’s Lorna. At least, not yet. But I donÂ’t hate the idea.
    I agree with you that Lorna should be better defined as a whole. Her back story tells us little how she grew up and her relationships with her father and the original X-men need to be defined. Warren and Lorna have similar traumas too but Jean would be perfect for Warren.

I agree with you that Lorna should be better defined as a whole. Her back story tells us little how she grew up and her relationships with her father and the original X-men need to be defined. Warren and Lorna have similar traumas too but Jean would be perfect for Warren.
    She would. Scott and Jean live in my heart, but if they are ever to break up, Warren is my favourite for her, because they're so important to each other other already, they already love each other so much and they are such a good match...

With his business skills and her diplomatic inclinations, they could accomplish so much together beyond the standard super-heroics. Seriously, they could become a power couple in the MU as a whole, not just the X-Men corner of the universe.

Besides, by the time she's getting married he is still in love with her. But he is such a good friend to both Scott and Jean he never acted on it. He was genuinely happy for his friends. How not to love Warren, right? :)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Warren should get one of the Kingship positions with the Hellfire Club.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure if he would want it, the Hellfire Club has good and bad memories for him...and remember that at the time of Scott and Jean's wedding that was the start of Warren/Betsy...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    and remember that at the time of Scott and Jean's wedding that was the start of Warren/Betsy...
    Exactly. And one could argue it says a lot, especially when you compare that to how his relationship with Candace started. But that happened such a long time ago, I'm not sure anyone really remembers anymore and that includes the writers. And, in any case, if they ever break Jean and Scott's marriage, she'll probably be stuck with Logan, so... :(

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]The best explanation I can give you is that it's a retelling of the origin of the O5, at least according to Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men:..._Atom_(comics)
    Thanks. Your help is always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive been here for it for years actually.
    Your the first person that I thought of when the Archangel/Polaris topic came up again. I agree with you that it was a good iea then, and would still be interesting now.

Exactly! We won’t know unless you try it.
    Yep. New ideas should be tried.

I always felt bad for Warren. He never gets the attention that other X-men. I like the blue skin on him. It makes him stand out a bit more. As for his hellfire gala outfit. It isn’t that it’s bad, it’s more like there wasn’t much care to make his look better.
    I don't think that Archangel has had it quit so bad this past decade.
    He was a prominent member of the well regarded original Uncanny X-Force comic. That one got goo reviews, and pretty good sales.
    Astonishing X-Men by Soul wasn't a favorite comic of mine, but it sold well enough, and most readers liked it.
    Archangel had a good thing going for him in Bunn's Uncanny X-Men run. He got to be part of new ideas, like leading the Sleeper Mutants. The problem there was that Bunn's Uncanny was given the guillotine before it could be finished, and his ideas died when Bunn left the title.

I have to disagree about his Hellfire Gala outfit. I think that it is easlly the worst one. I t isn't even close. Just my pinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Warren should get one of the Kingship positions with the Hellfire Club.
    Are there still any spots open? I thought that all of the King spots were filled. And, It doesn't look like Emma, Shaw, and Kate ae all that interested in sharing their Hellfire leadership positions anyway.
    Last edited by Thievery; 05-27-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Ultimate Member

Well Warren could use a change from like the last decade of having the two minds in one body thing that he's been plagued with for the last like decade...

Incredible Member

Does this page mean that Bobby had a crush on Warren?

Last edited by Lucas 35; 05-28-2021 at 04:36 AM.

Ultimate Member

It's in the perhaps file, then again it's all a big retcon...

It's Warren. He's gorgeous! Of course people aka Bobby were looking and possibly lusting and being jealous when Warren was after Jean.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Does this page mean that Bobby had a crush on Warren?

Judging by the look in Magneto's eyes, Bobby's not the only one...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Or perhaps he's just jealous of Warren for one reason or another...

I thought that I would post about what I thought about Archangel's continuing role in X-Corp, seeing as I don't do that very often. Haven't been spending much time in his thread recently.

I guess that he is doing alright.
    I'm not entirely sure why Warren felt the need t hide the fact that he can still turn into his Archangel personality. I would think that the other X-Men would already know that. And, I'm still a little bit surprised that Warren didn't just have the personality erased when he died and came back to life in HoX/PoX.

Wouldn't Monet or Xavier just use their telepathy to figure out that Warren still has split personality problems. They aren't exactly portrayed as being the god guy types who would avoid using their telepathy to avoid reading Archangel's mind during the Krakoa era.

I read Mastermind getting a seat on the X-Corp board as almost an attempt to blackmail Archangel.
    I f Warren wanted to have a character who could help him hide the ability to turn into Archangel, I think that there would be better candidates than Mastermind for that job. Mastermind just isn't all that interesting. If the X-Corp title wanted to use a villain for that role, I would still have prefered one of the Mastermind sisters. They are villains too, and I believe that they have stronger telepathy.
    I could be wrong, though. They are also just more interesting, in my opinion.
    Edit: Even the Fenris Twins would have been more interesting than Mastermind, and they couldn't even help Warren disguise his Archangel split personality

Archangel and Penance's relationship comes across as more like business rivals than actual friendly companions on the same team. Just my opinion.

It will be interesting to see how long X-Corp will last before it is canceled.
    Archangel may be heading back to limbo once that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or perhaps he's just jealous of Warren for one reason or another...
    Why would he be jealous of Warren.
    Last edited by Thievery; 06-22-2021 at 06:37 AM.