Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well again it's not Kwannon's body, it's a mix of Betsy and Kwannon's body so...for Warren it would probably about as awkward as him meeting Laura, given that his teen version slept with her...
    I don't know about that. Betsy and Kwannon's body's sure look different to me. I mean one is defanitely Asian and the other is Caucasian.
    I think that Warren meeting his ex-girlfriend's body with a different mind in it would probably be stranger than Warren meeting Laura, in my opinion, and that's saying something, when meeting your ex-girlfriend when you were a time traveling teenager seems more normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was originally Kwannon's body. I doubt they will touch up on that but it would make for an interesting scene.
    Yes it would make an interesting scene. Imagine meeting your old SO's body with another mind in it. That would have to be strange.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    As much as I love Nicieza and his run, the whole "blended body" arc just made things that much more sticky. I would think that, yeah, the body Warren fell in love with was the Asian-body-formerly-known-as-Kwannon. Even if the soul inside had a healthy dose of British Besty, when he looks at Kwannon now, he sees the woman he was in love with for years.

It doesn't have to be a huge deal (let's face it, no writers care enough to make it a huge deal), but a page or two of them just talking and acknowledging their past would be cool.
    Yeah, it has to be strange to see the women that you were in love with split into two people, one with the mind, the other with the body. And that's without dealing with who's soul it was. Just getting one or two pages of them acknowledging what happened, and maybe talking about it would be nice , but I think that you are right, and we probably won't get it.

All I was trying to say about that was his love for her is not largely based on her looks alone, sure it's a part of it but he loves Betsy...
    I'm not even sure if Warren does still love Betsy any more, Logan. Warren didn't seem to fond of what Betsy did to him in the Disassembled arc in Uncanny X-Men. Only time will tell on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't know about that. Betsy and Kwannon's body's sure look different to me. I mean one is defanitely Asian and the other is Caucasian.
    I think that Warren meeting his ex-girlfriend's body with a different mind in it would probably be stranger than Warren meeting Laura, in my opinion, and that's saying something, when meeting your ex-girlfriend when you were a time traveling teenager seems more normal.
    He's taking a throwaway line that Nicieza wrote when he was trying to resolve that plotline as he killed Kwannon off, which was never referenced again.There was a body swap and Betsy was in the body that Kwannon was born in and vice versa. Betsy's body was always referenced as being Asian/Japanese and its really arguing semantics which dont add to the point when implying otherwise. We've seen the two bodies in the same stories since then (Sisterhood, Psylocke mini, Mystery in Madripoor, DoX) and as you say, one is clearly Asian and the other is Caucasian

Here's to the love that will most likely never be again.
    From the beginning...

...to the middle...

...to the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

I don't think that the great X-loves ever truly die, so it's possible for W/B to happen again someday...and lately we really haven't seen much about how Warren feels about anything or anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Here's to the love that will most likely never be again.
    From the beginning...

...to the middle...

...to the end.
    You think that it is over also? Why? I agree with you though.

The issue from the first picture was a neat way to start their romance. It didn't start with a lot of the melodrama that you usually see in X-Men comic books. A lot of times there is usually some sort of angst between the two characters over whether or not the two should be togather. They constantly angst over each other. These two didn't do that. At least not that I remember. These two just decided that they liked each other and got togather.

I like that second picture the best. Where did you find it?

I don't think that the great X-loves ever truly die, so it's possible for W/B to happen again someday...and lately we really haven't seen much about how Warren feels about anything or anyone...
    The great love between Scott/Emma, Husk/Chamber, and Cable/Domino all came to an end. So dont give up hope yet, Logan, as There is still plenty of time for Archangel/Betsy to fall apart for good .
    But seriously, I think that it already has.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-06-2021 at 03:46 AM.

The random joys of the internet.
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

As much as I loved Uncanny #318, I'd argue that their relationship actually kicked off in X-Men #29

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

You think that it is over also? Why? I agree with you though.

The issue from the first picture was a neat way to start their romance. It didn't start with a lot of the melodrama that you usually see in X-Men comic books. A lot of times there is usually some sort of angst between the two characters over whether or not the two should be togather. They constantly angst over each other. These two didn't do that. At least not that I remember. These two just decided that they liked each other and got togather.

The great love between Scott/Emma, Husk/Chamber, and Cable/Domino all came to an end. So dont give up hope yet, Logan, as There is still plenty of time for Archangel/Betsy to fall apart for good .
    But seriously, I think that it already has.
    I wouldn't put Scott and Emma or Husk and Chamber anywhere near the level of W/B, and Cable and Domino as much as I love it was on and off and times though at least mentioned again recently, I wouldn't drive a stake through W/B just yet...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Try telling the Scott/Emma shippers that those two aren't the Alpha & Omega of all X-relationships though... lol
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

As much as I loved Uncanny #318, I'd argue that their relationship actually kicked off in X-Men #29
    Shinobi may have held her heart but Warren touched it. <3

Ultimate Member

He threatened to solidify his hand in her heart but made the comment that he thought that it already belonged to someone else, in other words Warren, she also made a fun like joke at Warren's expense about why would the Hellfire Club want Warren, that was also the issue that Sage attacked them and stunned them so that W and B were awake but couldn't move so that the Hellfire Club goons changed their clothes, in the caption boxes it was likened to being molested/raped, but that was never brought up again afterwards...

Yeah, that was a nice story, and it helped kick off the Warren/Betsy relationship, but I think that 318 was more important because that is the one where Angel and Betsy tried to set out the ground rules of how their relationship was going to be different from some of the other X-couples.

I wouldn't put Scott and Emma or Husk and Chamber anywhere near the level of W/B, and Cable and Domino as much as I love it was on and off and times though at least mentioned again recently, I wouldn't drive a stake through W/B just yet...
    Scott/Emma was one of the major driving forces of the X-Men line for years.
    And Husk/Chamber were great also, so there .

^ ^ ^

Try telling the Scott/Emma shippers that those two aren't the Alpha & Omega of all X-relationships though... lol
    I absolutely loved reading about Scott and Emma. But, I would say that it went on to long. It was a major driving force to a detriment of the comics to a detriment of the comics after a while. So I'm not shaking my fist at the sky just because they are no longer togather.
    No, now I'm a little bit mad at Jean for going back to Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Shinobi may have held her heart but Warren touched it. <3
    lol, but true.
    Thank you for telling me where you got that picture of Archangel and Psylocke earlier. I honestly thought that it came from a comic. Stupid me.

He threatened to solidify his hand in her heart but made the comment that he thought that it already belonged to someone else, in other words Warren, she also made a fun like joke at Warren's expense about why would the Hellfire Club want Warren, that was also the issue that Sage attacked them and stunned them so that W and B were awake but couldn't move so that the Hellfire Club goons changed their clothes, in the caption boxes it was likened to being molested/raped, but that was never brought up again afterwards...
    I agree that Sage knocking out W and B makes her look bad.
    But man, you really like bringing up the way that Archangel and Betsy had their cloths changed, and the comparisons to molestation. I see it every time you post about issue 29. You must really enjoy those captions.

Ultimate Member

It's not that I enjoy them, it's that something very bad happened to Warren and Betsy and then it was just dropped and Claremont and others had Betsy and Sage being so buddy buddy and ignoring that it ever happened, I just didn't like that it was forgotten by future writers when other events haven't been...

Considering all the other trauma they've suffered, it's sadly minor.

Ultimate Member

Sad but probably true...