Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's not that I enjoy them, it's that something very bad happened to Warren and Betsy and then it was just dropped and Claremont and others had Betsy and Sage being so buddy buddy and ignoring that it ever happened, I just didn't like that it was forgotten by future writers when other events haven't been...
    Nah, I was just screwing with you man. I know that you don't support molestation.

As for Sage, I'd say that this is a bigger crime on the part of Professor X. Good old Chuck had spy in the Hellfire Club, yet he didn't use that spy to help Jean Grey out during the Dark Phoenix Saga, and he let Archangel and Betsy get ambushed in issue #29 of X-Men. There are some other incidents that I'm sure that I am forgetting.
    So really, this is really just some more retconning of Professor X being a bastard from the beginning of the X-Men.

But, you are right that it makes little sense that the X-Men would so easily accept Sage as a friend and teammate. And it really changes the way that you have to read Dark Phoenix Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Considering all the other trauma they've suffered, it's sadly minor.
    Sad but probably true...
    Nah, all that they went trough was severe injury, body alteration, mind control, death, and a few other tragedies.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-07-2021 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Spelling, but I am sure that some of it is still wrong

Ultimate Member

Yeah some of the recent retcons have really messed things up when you look back at history, then again there's no way that Xavier knew all of that was going to happen so it's not all his fault...

I just wish that Warren was in the big leagues, so far X-Corp doesn't sound like it...wonder how he'll feel about Betsy's "death"...or if he won't find out till she's back...

Yeah some of the recent retcons have really messed things up when you look back at history, then again there's no way that Xavier knew all of that was going to happen so it's not all his fault...

I just wish that Warren was in the big leagues, so far X-Corp doesn't sound like it...wonder how he'll feel about Betsy's "death"...or if he won't find out till she's back...
    Xavier could have helped Archangel and Betsy out by telling Sage not to zap the two of them. It's not like Xavier learned anything new or important by letting them get knocked out. But, it's like you said, that's what retcons cause.

As far as Warren being in the big leagues, I like it when Warren is in the X-Men also. But, only when that title is a good comic. There have been several times when the satellite titles have been better than the main X-Men comic. I enjoyed David's X-Factor and a few of the last few decade's various X-Force comics more than the main X-Men book for a good amount of the last decade. Right now I even enjoy Hellions, Excalibur, Wolverine, and some other comics more than the actual main X-Men comic. I'd rather read the better comic than the one that just has X-Men in the tittle, if that satellite comic is better.

So I don't think that being in in the X-Men instead of a satellite comic means that you are automatically in the big leagues.

I still want to give X-Corp a chance, if Archangel ends up there. It sounds like it could have a good idea behind it. It could end up like those Satellite comics that I mentioned earlier, and end up being a better comic than the X-Men comic itself. Again, I'd rather read the better comic.

I think that it's pretty safe to say that Angel knows that Betsy is dead, Logan. I doubt that the rest of the X-Men decided not to tell him about it. And yes, I'm sure that Archangel is upset about Betsy's "death", and he will be happy when it is revealed that his friend is alive. Even if they are not dating.

Im disappointed that the Hodge in Hellions was a fake. I was looking forward to the inevitable showdown with Warren

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im disappointed that the Hodge in Hellions was a fake. I was looking forward to the inevitable showdown with Warren
    Their pre-Inferno confrontation remains a classic, to me.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Some peeps here try to avoid spoiler threads, so they can be surprised when they read a new issue they bought. Now you spoiled a major revelation here, that I did not want to know. Maybe next time you do not mind using spoiler tags?

Back on Archangel, who would nowadays be a nice match-up for Warren? I think Betsy and Warren stories no longer appeal to me. It would perhaps be cool if he dated a lady who can fly as well. Romance is literally in the air then :-)
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 01-08-2021 at 02:16 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

I'm not sure that there are to many X-ladies that can fly that are not already in a relationship, and Betsy and Warren would be fine if they just got away from retread stories...

If that was not the real Cameron Hodge that doesn't mean that Warren can still encounter him. Hodge is a main villain for Warren, and has a background working in Warren's business. If Archangel does end up as part of the X-Corp comic, Hodge might make for a natural villain there.
    Plus the X-Men don't like artificial Intelligence, so that may make Hodge a likely villain for Archangel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Yes. it was a great battle. The way that Archangel killed the supposedly religious but demonically possessed Hodge was great. I don't like that Candy Southern was killed there, but Candy's death did add some weight to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Some peeps here try to avoid spoiler threads, so they can be surprised when they read a new issue they bought. Now you spoiled a major revelation here, that I did not want to know. Maybe next time you do not mind using spoiler tags?

Back on Archangel, who would nowadays be a nice match-up for Warren? I think Betsy and Warren stories no longer appeal to me. It would perhaps be cool if he dated a lady who can fly as well. Romance is literally in the air then :-)
    I think that Archangel/Betsy is played out as well.
    There has been a little bit of speculation about a Warren/Monet romance because of the Reign of X teaser image, but teasers can be misleading. Monet does fly, if that is what you are interested in.
    If you want a character that is capable of flying alongside Archangel, then Polaris might make some sense. Siryn has recently returned, and if she is freed of the Morrigan she could make some sense also. There are obviously a lot more, but those are the two that come of the top of my head right now.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-08-2021 at 07:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

The last thing that Warren needs, or one of the last, is to date someone much younger than him, again I don't think any of the major X-romances are ever going to be played out, they go away for a bit before coming back...with most making far more sense and being more long lasting than most if not all of the more recent ones that disappear about as soon as they come...

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    On another note, I know we saw some Warren/Betsy in Rosenberg's Uncanny run, but have we seen any interaction between him and Kwannon? I know it wasn't her mind, but that was still her body that was involved with him for so long. I'd be curious to see what their new dynamic is, considering they're both so different than they were then.
    I think Kwannon is probably avoiding Warren the same way we saw her avoiding Betsy

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Speaking of Hodge, was Uncanny #306 the last time we see saw the real deal?

Great issue, btw! Say what you will about Lobdell, he could write the hell out of some quiet, character driven moments.

SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Speaking of Hodge, was Uncanny #306 the last time we see saw the real deal?

Great issue, btw! Say what you will about Lobdell, he could write the hell out of some quiet, character driven moments.

He was used in X-Force v3 and I beleive made his last appearance in Second Coming

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Ah, yes! How could I forget "Second Coming"?!

I swear, sometimes I have retrograde amnesia when it comes to comics. I can tell you details about a book I read in 1994 but don't ask me about last weeks new releases, I'll draw a complete blank. :-/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The early Uncanny #300s were my first introduction to the X-Men, and my first real look at who Warren was happened in #306.
    ar4.jpg
    From gutting Hodge with those awesome wings to attesting his love for dying Candy, I just fell in love with Warren myself. It didn't hurt that I got this card soon after...
    ar2.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The early Uncanny #300s were my first introduction to the X-Men, and my first real look at who Warren was happened in #306.
    ar4.jpg
    From gutting Hodge with those awesome wings to attesting his love for dying Candy, I just fell in love with Warren myself. It didn't hurt that I got this card soon after...
    ar2.jpg
    Those cards are always interesting just because every card or fan site lists Archangel's power grid differently. I've seen power rankings that show the metal winged, super fast version of Warren ranked as able to travel at MACH 1. I've also seen metal winged Archangel listed as only having a three ranking in speed, but have a four in intelligence and fighting skills. Other places have him at rank 2 in intelligence and fighting skills. His healing ability also seems to change a lot in terms of power.
    You'd think that Marvel would be able to rank all of their characters' powers a little more consistently.