Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I think Kwannon is probably avoiding Warren the same way we saw her avoiding Betsy
    Or she just doesn't care what he thinks about anything...or the writers have forgotten about it entirely...after all they haven't had Betsy and Kwannon interact much either...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Or she just doesn't care what he thinks about anything...or the writers have forgotten about it entirely...after all they haven't had Betsy and Kwannon interact much either...
    It could be a little bit of:

Kwannon just doesn't give a damn what Warren thinks of her. She may or may not remember sleeping with him and doesn't give a ****.

The writers just aren't interested in the story. Could be, but if I were a writer, I think that I would be interested telling a story about it. Even if it was just a couple of panels.

We know that the writers haven't forgotten about the story idea of what Kwannon thinks about Betsy. We know that the two of them appear togather on the cover of Excalibur 19.
    It could be that the writers writers are saving what Kwannon thinks of Angel until after they reveal what Kwannon thinks of Betsy in Excalibur 19.

Ultimate Member

It's possible, and so far Warren hasn't seemed interested in talking to Kwannon either...

It's possible, and so far Warren hasn't seemed interested in talking to Kwannon either...
    That's right Logan. So far 616 Angel hasn't shown any interest in talking to Betsy or Kwannon. Maybe we will never get a story about what Archangel thinks of those two because he just doesn't give a **** about the two of them, and never will again. Or maybe it is a story that is being saved for a later day. I guess that we will just have to wait to find out.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that it's more that Hickman doesn't really care about most of the old relationships outside of a select few, or the writers just don't think that it's important enough or they don't care about Warren enough to bother with it...

I'm guessing that it's more that Hickman doesn't really care about most of the old relationships outside of a select few, or the writers just don't think that it's important enough or they don't care about Warren enough to bother with it...
    Logan, buddy, we know that Betsy runs into an alternate reality version of Warren in Excalibur. In this reality Warren seemingly still loves Betsy. Alternate reality Warren also seemed to be used as a surprise appearance just to bring up the old Angel/Betsy relationship. So I dont think that you can say that all of the old relationships have been forgoton.

We have also seen Archangel on the teaser image for Reign of X. It's just a teaser, so we don't know what it really means. It could indicate that Archangel has a large role going forward, or a small one. But, Marvel wouldn't put Archangel there if they had no plans for him at all.

Ultimate Member

Well the alternate version could just have been used as a way to say that they care about the past while being content with the knowledge that it wouldn't end up going anywhere or something bad along those lines...plans could just end up being that they needed to fill out the roster and threw him on that team...

Well the alternate version could just have been used as a way to say that they care about the past while being content with the knowledge that it wouldn't end up going anywhere or something bad along those lines...plans could just end up being that they needed to fill out the roster and threw him on that team...
    Logan, I wasnt quite sure how to answer this one, just because I am having hard time understanding part of your post.

Yes, the alternate reality version of Angel likely wont re-spark the old Angel/Betsy romance. my point was that the writers hadn't completely forgotten about it and thought that it was important enough to Betsy's history to bring it up.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean about the filling out the roster part and throwing Angel on the roster part. I dont think that any body expects for Warren to join Excalibur after this story.

If you are talking about the X-Corp comic, we dont even know for sure that Angel will be part of that team. Hell, we don't even know for sure when that comic will even be released.

I'm pretty sure that Marvel wouldn't just dump Warren into that comic just to fil out a comic roster that isn't even scheduled to be published yet. It's not in Marvel's business interest to publish a comic just so they can create a comic just to make use of some X-Men that aren't being used any where. It's in their business interest to publish a comic that they think will sell.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Speaking of Hodge, was Uncanny #306 the last time we see saw the real deal?

Great issue, btw! Say what you will about Lobdell, he could write the hell out of some quiet, character driven moments.

That was a great story, too.

Personally, I loved the Lobdell era.

Random Archangel pics I like...
    ar5.jpg
    ar1.jpg
    ar3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The Lobdell era was what got me into X-Men, and I still enjoy rereading it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    That's right Logan. So far 616 Angel hasn't shown any interest in talking to Betsy or Kwannon. Maybe we will never get a story about what Archangel thinks of those two because he just doesn't give a **** about the two of them, and never will again. Or maybe it is a story that is being saved for a later day. I guess that we will just have to wait to find out.
    I really hope he doesn’t get together with Betsy... he only became interested in her after she changed bodies. Warren being a weeabo White dude exclusively into hot Azn chicks is part of my head canon for him AND IT WORKS.

Ultimate Member

He didn't become interested in her only because she was in an Asian body, he's fallen in love with women of all races, and remember at the time that W/B fell for each other Warren was dating Charlotte Jones, a black woman, so he wasn't exclusively into anything, he fell in love with Betsy for FAR more than just her physical looks, sure they played a part but were NOT the exclusive reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Lobdell wrote some nice stories, including Uncanny 308, the creation of Generation X and it's first issues. But, I really feel that he got most of the X-Men's personality and voice's wrong. I thought that Nicieza did a better job than Lobdell. Just my opinion.
    It probably doesn't help my opinion of Lobdell that his stuff wasn't the first comics that I started reading.
    If you liked it great.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Random Archangel pics I like...
    ar5.jpg
    ar1.jpg
    ar3.jpg
    The Lobdell era was what got me into X-Men, and I still enjoy rereading it.
    I like all of those pictures. thank you for posting them.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I really hope he doesn’t get together with Betsy... he only became interested in her after she changed bodies. Warren being a weeabo White dude exclusively into hot Azn chicks is part of my head canon for him AND IT WORKS.
    I actually had to look up what weebo and otaku meant.
    I can't actually picture him as either. He never really showed much interest in that kind of nerdy anime and manga stuff, even when he dated the Asian version of Betsy. He also doesn't have socially awkward personality. He's kind of the grim and silent type. But, I barely know any thing about manga or anime. I can't picture him as being into cosplay either.
    But, it's your head cannon so have fun with it.

You think that he likes hot Asian chicks because he dated Psylocke when she was wearing Kwannon's body, and because he banged that Asian Four Horseman lady when he was possessed by the Apocalypse, the one that he had children with, or do you feel that way for some other reason? Nothing wrong if that's your head cannon, I'm just curious as to why.
    Last edited by Thievery; 01-11-2021 at 03:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

It sounds more like a way to either bash Warren or bash his relationship with Betsy, or both...imho...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Lobdell wrote some nice stories, including Uncanny 308, the creation of Generation X and it's first issues. But, I really feel that he got most of the X-Men's personality and voice's wrong. I thought that Nicieza did a better job than Lobdell. Just my opinion.
    It probably doesn't help my opinion of Lobdell that his stuff wasn't the first comics that I started reading.
    If you liked it great.
    I enjoyed Nicieza's run, too. I commend both of them for keeping the books going after the departures of Claremont, Byrne, Jim Lee, and Portacio within a short time frame. It was a great era, imo.