Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I'm looking forward to that. More Scott Summers is always a good thing.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I'm a bit curious, but does anyone have any expectations for Scott this year. We know he's creating a new team that will be revealed about halfway into the year, but anyone have any other expectations?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm a bit curious, but does anyone have any expectations for Scott this year. We know he's creating a new team that will be revealed about halfway into the year, but anyone have any other expectations?
    continue to cameo until that team gets an ongoing. He doesnt really factor into the plots of any of the other ongoings except COTA, where he'll serve as a mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    continue to cameo until that team gets an ongoing. He doesnt really factor into the plots of any of the other ongoings except COTA, where he'll serve as a mentor
    That's what I thought, and it's quite disappointing...
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I hope he gets out from the polygamy nonsense so that I might try to read X-Books again.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I was honestly a Hickman defender expecting Cycops to get a bigger role after XoS but now that we know the big setup was just him building a x-men team has really hindered my excitement. I'd be fine with it if his X-Men book only focused on Cyclops and Jean buidling the team, but we know the book will continue to move around with different characters.

I guess my only hope is Cyclop's new team getting their own book where we can get some actua character development.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I hope he gets out from the polygamy nonsense so that I might try to read X-Books again.
    That stuff has hardly been referenced since the first few months, so I'm surprised that's stopped you from reading.

We all believed that Cyclops on X-Men written by Hickman would mean he would be in the center of things, when actually just means he would be standing next to whatever characters is at the center of things that month.

My prediction is that after the team is formed, Cyclops will remain with the same role he had so far, cameoing. The X-Men team will be around doing stuff, we just won't see it, except for the data pages about it. X-Men will continue to be the word building book, that's Hickman whole thing, we just have to hope that another writers takes interest in using Cyclops, Jean for example, apparently Percy wants to keep using her in X-Force, so while she may be out of the team, she will still be on the book.
    Cyclops, apparently only interest Duggan, but just in the role of Dad Who Gives Advices.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    We all believed that Cyclops on X-Men written by Hickman would mean he would be in the center of things, when actually just means he would be standing next to whatever characters is at the center of things that month.

My prediction is that after the team is formed, Cyclops will remain with the same role he had so far, cameoing. The X-Men team will be around doing stuff, we just won't see it, except for the data pages about it. X-Men will continue to be the word building book, that's Hickman whole thing, we just have to hope that another writers takes interest in using Cyclops, Jean for example, apparently Percy wants to keep using her in X-Force, so while she may be out of the team, she will still be on the book.
    Cyclops, apparently only interest Duggan, but just in the role of Dad Who Gives Advices.
    Dad Cyclops isn't that bad too me, I just wish we actually see Scott more. And that is a great assement of what Hickman was done with him so far

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    That stuff has hardly been referenced since the first few months, so I'm surprised that's stopped you from reading.
    Well, we all have our limits.

And I don't like that defense. It exists, doesn't matter how much they reference it or not. Not to me anyway.

Captain Cameo.

Hopefully the current Champions has something good for him. I'm close to just stop buyin Xmen.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member

What exactly about it is nonsense?

I don't expect him to do much until after the hellfire gala and the new X-Men team gets formed. X-Men 17 seems to be focusing on Ororo and 18-19 is going to be all about The Children of The Vault. Unless the new team gets its own book I don't expect Scott to have more screen time. He seems to be a character that the other writers are not very interested in or Hickman does not want anyone else to use him similar to Sunspot, Cannonball, Moira etc.
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I was honestly a Hickman defender expecting Cycops to get a bigger role after XoS but now that we know the big setup was just him building a x-men team has really hindered my excitement. I'd be fine with it if his X-Men book only focused on Cyclops and Jean buidling the team, but we know the book will continue to move around with different characters.

I guess my only hope is Cyclop's new team getting their own book where we can get some actua character development.
    Yeah, it all felt rather anticlimactic. The new team isn't a terrible idea, but he seems to be lacking an arc and character development. I like that Hickman is writing him rather heroic, I just wish Scott would do more. He has yet to use his strategic genius effectively which makes his role as captain commander feel redundant to a certain extent. At least for me that is.

Well, the odds are high for a writer to tear it down for drama. I just hope that when it does happen, Scott isn't thrown under the bus like he normally is. Ideally, no one should be at fault, but considering Marvel's past, someone will. I just hope it won't be Scott once again. That's the last thing he needs these days.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Captain Cameo.

Hopefully the current Champions has something good for him. I'm close to just stop buyin Xmen.
    Yeah, I know what you mean.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-25-2021 at 09:12 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Jeez, look at all that child support.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.