Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1379
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think part of the reason he’s more relaxed is because he died and death, for now, is no longer the threat that it once was. Although I get what you mean about wanting the reasons behind his change in behavior further and more deeply explored, I do love this swathe of dialogue of his from X-Men #1:
    The biggest problem with that for me, was his role as Captain Commander. If he's in charge of protecting Krakoa and his family, shouldn't he be focused on what's trying to kill them?

It's even odder to me when he states otherwise to Jean in X-Men #15, and he emphasizes the need to fight and protect what they have. He makes a great speech in front of the council, but he comes off as too reactive. Honestly, everyone comes off as too reactive.

With most of his family gone or preoccupied, he doesn't seem to have changed either. So, if that was his main catalyst for his current change, what happened? Havok and Cable seem to have had no effect. It's all just odd for me.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The biggest problem with that for me, was his role as Captain Commander. If he's in charge of protecting Krakoa and his family, shouldn't he be focused on what's trying to kill them?

It's even odder to me when he states otherwise to Jean in X-Men #15, and he emphasizes the need to fight and protect what they have. He makes a great speech in front of the council, but he comes off as too reactive. Honestly, everyone comes off as too reactive.

With most of his family gone or preoccupied, he doesn't seem to have changed either. So, if that was his main catalyst for his current change, what happened? Havok and Cable seem to have had no effect. It's all just odd for me.
    I have to give what you’ve written some thought…

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The saddest thing is, I'm fairly certain Rosenberg's run was supposed to be his therapy, lol.

I dunno. Cyke getting called out on his unhealthy coping mechanics is practically an X-Men running gag and yet we haven't seen anything of the sort ever since the relaunch.
    Is Rosenberg's run even canon in Hickman's continuity? Because in that case Cyke was already resurrected once prior to HoX/PoX since he was missing an eye at the end of that run.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Looking at these versions of Cyclops and knowing that Jean designed most of them I've come to the conclusion that Jean likes seeing the Chest. Or on further review as Nekkid as possible.
    Jean only designed the first two costumes. Not the rest. Although she may have an involvement with the X-Factor, I don't think that she has had any involvement since the Jim Lee era and beyond. Perhaps his costume's since Whedon Era may have some elements, her designing era came to an end with the X-Factor.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I think part of the reason he’s more relaxed is because he died and death, for now, is no longer the threat that it once was. Although I get what you mean about wanting the reasons behind his change in behavior further and more deeply explored, I do love this swathe of dialogue of his from X-Men #1:
    Here’s the thing I’ve figured out, Dad. There’s no end to the number of things on Earth—or, hell, out there in the universe—that want to kill us. They never stop coming—they never will. We’re all the same that way. So, sure, I’m a fighter—I will never stop fighting for what I believe in, but I also live here, surrounded by the people I love. So I’m done focusing on the things that want me dead—and I’m choosing to spend my days focused on the things that make me want to live. Okay?
    Telling and Not Showing at its finest/laziest. Hickman's Cyclops is literally going on about an off-panel epiphany to justify acting like a completely different character. Being more relaxed is one thing, but being that casual about failure/shortsightedness and being that much into goofing off? That's basically How Not to Write Cyclops 101, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong about Cyke being somewhat more laidback. It's just... I dunno. It feels as if Hickman/Duggan looked at his Character Sheet and basically said "Hey, let's just arbitrarily invert all his high/low attribute rolls and vaguely allude to his loved ones "fixing" him off panel or something. Time jumps rule! Yay!"

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Is Rosenberg's run even canon in Hickman's continuity?
    Selectively so.

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-04-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    Is Rosenberg's run even canon in Hickman's continuity? Because in that case Cyke was already resurrected once prior to HoX/PoX since he was missing an eye at the end of that run.
    why wouldnt it be canon? It led directly into Hickman's run and several of that stuff has been referenced and utilized in the current era's plotlines

Why do I have the feeling that going forward the role of Captain Commander will become way more definied, important and actually relevant to stories? Just a feeling.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that going forward the role of Captain Commander will become way more definied, important and actually relevant to stories? Just a feeling.
    Wouldn't be surprising honestly.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Wouldn't be surprising honestly.
    Bishop: "Why, you miserable lying son of a... You wouldn't shut up about how great this gig would be for my career! 'Sacred Duty', you said!"
    Cyclops: "What about it?"
    Bishop: "I'll spend the next three years standing about uselessly and sucking up to Kate!"
    Cyclops: "Right. How does that not qualify as an X-Man's sacred duty?"
    Bishop: "...................."
    Cyclops: "...................."
    Bishop: "Wow. Mind blown."
    Cyclops: "Right?"

BANNED

Just a weird question:

Is the optic energy "soundless" and silent when contained by the ruby-quartz glasses?

Scott appeared in Hellions

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Scott appeared in Hellions
    But was his appearance any good, or was it OOC nonsense?

I'm hoping that with Lorna also making a short appearance in the issue it has to do with them being concerned over Alex's state of mental health. That would make the most sense, which is why I'm afraid that can't be it.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

I'm hoping that with Lorna also making a short appearance in the issue it has to do with them being concerned over Alex's state of mental health. That would make the most sense, which is why I'm afraid that can't be it.
    spoilers:
    Lorna appears with Scott and the rest of the X-Men when they go looking for the Hellions in Sinister's cloning farm and then Scott shares his worries about Alex to Emma
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 10-06-2021 at 08:32 AM.

Scott's appearance in Hellions didn't mean much imo.

spoilers:
    He shows up for a group shot and has a talk with Emma and Kwannon. The Kwannon talk is ok since he did ask her to do the job of shadowing SInister and she does hint that the Council had something to do with what happened. Scott did not talk to Alex which was a waste.
    end of spoilers

So it was good for Hellion caste and Emma(in that heartbreak way) everything else was meh.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Nothing spoilers-worthy, imo. Scott's worried about Alex, Emma's withholding intel from everyone and Kwannon sort of blames Scott for Emma's actions. Been there, done that, amiright?