Page 66 of 92 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That's definitely an interesting take on his 90's uniform. Honestly, his 90's/animated uniform is probably the costume I'd want to see adapted for the big screen.
    Actually, it's the costume for Venom Snake from MGSV. But if the color tone was somewhat altered to a darker tone, it could be the perfect tactical gear during the revolution era

Quote Originally Posted by AROSWELL View Post
    Actually, it's the costume for Venom Snake from MGSV. But if the color tone was somewhat altered to a darker tone, it could be the perfect tactical gear during the revolution era
    It's a good, if busy, costume concept.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

I'm starting to find Scott dreamy again, but also strong, admirable, and beguiling. It's been a while since I've felt this way about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I'm starting to find Scott dreamy again, but also strong, admirable, and beguiling. It's been a while since I've felt this way about him.
    It helps that he is no longer being written by people who fall into one of two groups - people who hate Jean, or people who hate Scott.

It's hard to read a character when the writer spends too much time disparaging your favorite.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It helps that he is no longer being written by people who fall into one of two groups - people who hate Jean, or people who hate Scott.

It's hard to read a character when the writer spends too much time disparaging your favorite.
    Tell me about me. Actually, I think Duggan has admitted that Scott is his favorite X-Man.

Tell me about me. Actually, I think Duggan has admitted that Scott is his favorite X-Man.
    If Duggan writes Scott half as good as he is writing the others who have had a spotlight so far, this will be the best Cyclops since.....well, a long time. Adult Scott hasn't been used well since the immediate aftermath of AvX, before the bottom fell out from Bendis and his interest in telling a decent story.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

If Duggan writes Scott half as good as he is writing the others who have had a spotlight so far, this will be the best Cyclops since.....well, a long time. Adult Scott hasn't been used well since the immediate aftermath of AvX, before the bottom fell out from Bendis and his interest in telling a decent story.
    True, its my one real complaint with the Hickman era, I loved the way Scott was depicted ever so briefly in HoX/PoX. The meeting with the FF and leading the mission to Sol's Hammer was excellent and there were a few glimpses of it in Hickman's X-Men. I've liked the Krakoan era but I keep hoping to see more from Cyclops. I'm really liking the new series and my hopes are high.

If Duggan writes Scott half as good as he is writing the others who have had a spotlight so far, this will be the best Cyclops since...
    Do you have any doubt that he will put Scott in the spotlight or write him "half as good" as he has written the others?

To allay your fears, I just want to share this with you:

Gerry: Cyclops is the coolest. We love him. We always loved him. Has anybody paid a higher price and worked harder to see this day dawn for mutants? And yet, he remembers where he comes from. Not an island, but a team. He’s been a part of the X-Men since the beginning, and they’ve saved the world more times than he can count, and I think the team has saved him, too. He’s got such a big story over the course of the next year. I’m really happy to get to tell it.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/17/x-...gan-interview/

I believe this is the podcast in which he states that Scott is his favorite X-Man.

https://open.spotify.com/show/66iZuwnAk1a03GFJsWCYE1

Do you have any doubt that he will put Scott in the spotlight or write him "half as good" as he has written the others?

I believe this is the podcast in which he states that Scott is his favorite X-Man.

I'm more hopeful over what I have seen so far than him calling Scott his favorite X-Man - I've seen some really bad stuff come from people writing their favorite, as it can rob them of much needed perspective, or have them so conscious of bias that they overcorrect instead.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm more hopeful over what I have seen so far than him calling Scott his favorite X-Man - I've seen some really bad stuff come from people writing their favorite, as it can rob them of much needed perspective, or have them so conscious of bias that they overcorrect instead.
    I understand. Aren't you excited about his "big story over the course of the next year," though? :P

It is nice to see that sentiment, and if this team can give us the well-written Scott that's been missing, I'll sing this book's praises. I've had no problem with the limelight being spread, only with execution, but I think most of us Scott fans just want to see him written as the competent, strong character that we know he is. He doesn't have to be the central focus.

I understand. Aren't you excited about his "big story over the course of the next year," though? :P
    Ah, but I haven't forgotten the solicit for the first issue of Hickman's X-Men burning me in this regard. I'm giving Duggan the benefit of the doubt, he's earned that.
    Last edited by Hizashi; 08-05-2021 at 06:11 PM.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It is nice to see that sentiment, and if this team can give us the well-written Scott that's been missing, I'll sing this book's praises. I've had no problem with the limelight being spread, only with execution, but I think most of us Scott fans just want to see him written as the competent, strong character that we know he is. He doesn't have to be the central focus.

Ah, but I haven't forgotten the solicit for the first issue of Hickman's X-Men burning me in this regard. I'm giving Duggan the benefit of the doubt, he's earned that.
    From what I saw, despite minimal focus, Scott was in command of the situation and rather competent at the job, with a very high understanding of not just the powers of his team, but how they could interact as well. Seems like a good start.
    Dark does not mean deep.

From what I saw, despite minimal focus, Scott was in command of the situation and rather competent at the job, with a very high understanding of not just the powers of his team, but how they could interact as well. Seems like a good start.
    Yeah, there's some cause for optimism.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Not a very high bar. And ain't that quite the understatement! XD

Oh look, another author writing Scott claims Scott is his favorite. Let's add him to the list and believe him this time, I guess? /s

But yeah, I echo gray on this. Writers calling Scott their fave has a bad rep, mostly because, given the past decade, it feels more like a marketing thing than anything. Especially given how said writers depicted Scott over the last decade.

Anyways.

How's Duggan's run so far? Is it another bunch of one-and-dones a la Hickman? I've lurked in the review thread, and the feeling I get is Scott (and to a lesser extent, Jean) are in the background since it's currently focused on developing the rest of the team. The other feeling I get is Duggan's trying to copy Hickman's style which, if true, definitely means this ain't it for me, either.

Covers do look nice, but that's kinda expected for Marvel by this point.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie