Page 21 of 92 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, I was thinking, Cyclops never had any second mutation, or was revealed to be an Omega or discovered some ridden power. He is the only of the O5 to still be basically the same character, powerwise, he was in Uncanny X-Men #1. While he have changed a lot in the personality and history department, a great thing actually, would you want him to developt some new power or a second mutation?
    If yes, what would you like to see?

Personaly, I would be really happy if they just give Cyclops control over his blasts, and make it was powerful as it is supposed to be, basically any direct hit should be lethal to someone with a normal human constitution. Also, it would be cool if Scott, and his brothers Vulcan and Havoc didn't need to eat, or water as long as they have access to their powers, the energy they absort/produce would be enough to sustain their bodies, I think that's already the case for Gabriel.
    No because for me, Cyclops is like Mr. Fantastic or Mr. Terrific. He has a power and it’s useful, but it’s not the most useful attribute he has. His mind and leadership ability are. And he still occasionally gets to cut loose with optic blasts:

So he doesn’t even really need the power boost lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No because for me, Cyclops is like Mr. Fantastic or Mr. Terrific. He has a power and it’s useful, but it’s not the most useful attribute he has. His mind and leadership ability are. And he still occasionally gets to cut loose with optic blasts:

Cyclops is the prime example of why being an omega level mutant actually means very little in the grand scheme of things.

Scott really needs consistency from the writers. The guy who can one shot kaiju into oblivion and make multiple ricochet shots that would have several stages considered impossible in a single attack should not become the guy who can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside of it, with attacks that get tanked by softskin enemies (in the rare event he DOES connect) a few issues later. His aim can't be as good or better than Bullseye one issue and worse than blind person's the next, and the power level can't be allowed to vary from a full battleship broadside one issue down to a broken down nerf gun once the writer changes.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Scott really needs consistency from the writers. The guy who can one shot kaiju into oblivion and make multiple ricochet shots that would have several stages considered impossible in a single attack should not become the guy who can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside of it, with attacks that get tanked by softskin enemies (in the rare event he DOES connect) a few issues later. His aim can't be as good or better than Bullseye one issue and worse than blind person's the next, and the power level can't be allowed to vary from a full battleship broadside one issue down to a broken down nerf gun once the writer changes.
    This.

I believe the worst offenders were Bunn and Hopeless, during their runs Teen Scott could not even knock out a human with his blasts.

Extraordinary Member

Ben's description of Cyclops' optic blast stuck with me.

This.

I believe the worst offenders were Bunn and Hopeless, during their runs Teen Scott could not even knock out a human with his blasts.
    Meanwhile in the Champions, Waid had Teen Cyclops blast Psycho Man nearly to death, someone with the durability to go toe-to-toe with the Thing. The only thing that stopped him were the other Champions pulling him away.

I should also note that since it's Teen Cyclops, he's not just naturally weaker than Adult Cyclops, but that he predates the power-up that Krakoa gave him in Giant Size X-Men #1 that necessitated his bigger, classic visor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I should also note that since it's Teen Cyclops, he's not just naturally weaker than Adult Cyclops, but that he predates the power-up that Krakoa gave him in Giant Size X-Men #1 that necessitated his bigger, classic visor.
    Does any writer even remember that though? I can't remember it ever being referenced again.

Consistency and some CQC feats.

I've still been picking up the last few issues of X-Men, but honestly they just go straight into a pullbox, I'm not even reading it anymore. I might just jump off with this upcoming Hellfire Gala nonsense.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Consistency and some CQC feats.

I've still been picking up the last few issues of X-Men, but honestly they just go straight into a pullbox, I'm not even reading it anymore. I might just jump off with this upcoming Hellfire Gala nonsense.
    I’m hoping Scott will get more focus once the new X-Men team debuts at the Gala, but I’m really tired of the constant crossovers. Need Hickman to pick up the pace and start channeling that HoX energy for Scott again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’m hoping Scott will get more focus once the new X-Men team debuts at the Gala, but I’m really tired of the constant crossovers. Need Hickman to pick up the pace and start channeling that HoX energy for Scott again.
    Unless the new X-Men team get a book from some other writer, I don't see Cyclops getting anymore focus than he gets now. Hickman is working on moving the plot along, we probably will get a couple of issues showing how the team works, mostly in datapages, see a mission or two and then Hickman will spend the next 5-10 issues moving around the world he is building.
    Our hope is that someone decides to use Cyclops regularly in the comics they are writing, Ewing, Duggan or the new guy.

Unless the new X-Men team get a book from some other writer, I don't see Cyclops getting anymore focus than he gets now. Hickman is working on moving the plot along, we probably will get a couple of issues showing how the team works, mostly in datapages, see a mission or two and then Hickman will spend the next 5-10 issues moving around the world he is building.
    Our hope is that someone decides to use Cyclops regularly in the comics they are writing, Ewing, Duggan or the new guy.
    Feel like the first part of Hickman’s run has just been him doing set up and playing in the world (basically the “Avengers” book from his Avengers era), but now that he’s actually forming his proper X-Men team we’ll get to the “New Avengers” portion where **** is actually going down.

I don't know, I guess we'll see if our boy retains his Captain Cameo hat.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Feel like the first part of Hickman’s run has just been him doing set up and playing in the world (basically the “Avengers” book from his Avengers era), but now that he’s actually forming his proper X-Men team we’ll get to the “New Avengers” portion where **** is actually going down.
    But the **** Hickman is setting up is going down already, but it's happening in other x-titles. To use the Arakko example, Hickman set that up in the second issue of X-Men, then it all happened in Excalibur until it culminated in X of Swords, Cyclops played a part in that, but not a big one, mostly he just decided to form the X-Men.

That's what I think we can expect from Scott in the Hickman era, he will be present, but he will not have development, because Hickman isn't interested in giving characters more atention than what can be done in one or two issues. Cyclops will play a role in the big moments of this era, but we'll not be seeing nothing new about the character.

I feel Hickman already gave him all the development he wanted, Cyclops is happy, he believes in Krakoa and in Xavier, he probably is in a open marriage with Jean, she is Wolverine, Scott may or not be with Emma, he is a family man now. That's it. All Hickman needed from Cyclops, all took place off panel, we didn't see how this new way of life come to be and we probably won't see it, unless some other writer takes interest in telling that story.

I’ll concede that so far HiX-Men has been him setting stuff up for usage in other books, but I do believe that the characters Hickman puts on his X-Men team will be receiving the bulk of attention and development from him after the Gala.

BANNED

What's new for Scott???