Page 27 of 92 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The second one has to do with one of Sinister's secrets about the island. Some married woman is cheating, and is unaware that her husband knows, and doesn't overly mind, since he is doing the same thing. Speculation on the boards is 99% convinced that it is referring to Scott and Jean, and no alternate theory has been mentioned. I'm not even sure if there is a second married couple in the X books right now, except for Apocalypse and Genesis.
    I forgot the part about the woman not knowing that the husband knows, that completely eliminates them though, they live under the same roof

Has Scott ever had alt-future children besides Cable? Like a female character with optic eyes instead of psionic powers?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm out of the loop. What Stark/Emma thing? And Wolverine cheating?
    In a preview of events to happen in the future, there was a tease of Stark and Emma having a wedding. I'm not sure on the status of it all to be honest. Since then Iron Man got a new writer and direction so it seems kind of moot. As for the second part, it's pretty much what Gray Lensman explained. This is just a thought that came up. My response a few days ago is the one I feel most likely to be true, but I did consider this all to be a possibility. Sorry for the confusion, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Not really- the Stark/Emma thing I never believed it was going to be a real thing, because if they kept Tony single even when he was in a stable relationship with Pepper in the movies for 10 years, they're not going to have him marry now, and with a character controlled by the X-office who's in an open relationship with another X-men character. Specially considering he just started a relationship with Patsy Walker.

Hickman gave more or less the same attention to Jean/Logan than to Scott/Emma, is just that Percy is writing both Jean and Logan and he's the one focusing on it. Duggan is only writing Emma, so there's less room there.
    Well, this was just a random thought I had. I'm not sure it's still going to happen, but you never know sometimes. Also, not only is he now with Hellcat, but the writer is completely different, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has Scott ever had alt-future children besides Cable? Like a female character with optic eyes instead of psionic powers?
    Yeah, there's Ruby, his child with Emma. She's not really canon considering she's from Bishop's timeline, but she does have his beams and a power similar to Emma's diamond skin. To be honest, I think only his AU children with Emma tend to have his powers. None in current continuity though. Hopefully that answers your question.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-16-2021 at 07:55 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I'm pretty sure Emma / Stark's goofiness is going to be in Heroes Reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I forgot the part about the woman not knowing that the husband knows, that completely eliminates them though, they live under the same roof
    Well, it should eliminate them, but you can never be too sure with Marvel. I wrote up my opinion as to how likely Scott's partner is based on possible candidates a few pages back.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ruby Summers in X-Factor during the Second Coming arc. Black colored optic blasts, red gemstone form, blonde hair. Speculated to be Scott's daughter with Emma, but only Scott was actually confirmed on panel as being one of Ruby's parents.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well, it should eliminate them, but you can never be too sure with Marvel. I wrote up my opinion as to how likely Scott's partner is based on possible candidates a few pages back.
    Maybe Wolverine just likes being with couples, lol. Makes me wonder who else is the best at what they do, if the case.

Joke aside, yeah, you never know. This really could all just be one giant prank at the end of the day. Considering Jean is a telepath, it would all be weird if she knew nothing.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Maybe Wolverine just likes being with couples, lol. Makes me wonder who else is the best at what they do, if the case.

Joke aside, yeah, you never know. This really could all just be one giant prank at the end of the day. Considering Jean is a telepath, it would all be weird if she knew nothing.
    Scott's ability to deal with mind trickery is as inconsistent as his aiming skills. One issue, and lame-o helmet telepath is triggering his optic blasts as a distraction, another issue and Emma can't break into Scott's mind while he is asleep.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So, the team having been revealed, any expectations for how Scott might interact with them?

I'm honestly not sure what to expect considering Scott's bad history with some of them at times. Also, is there really anything significant for Scott at the Gala at this point? It seems all skippable considering it would have been his and Jean's team reveal.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

The second one has to do with one of Sinister's secrets about the island. Some married woman is cheating, and is unaware that her husband knows, and doesn't overly mind, since he is doing the same thing. Speculation on the boards is 99% convinced that it is referring to Scott and Jean, and no alternate theory has been mentioned. I'm not even sure if there is a second married couple in the X books right now, except for Apocalypse and Genesis.
    In a preview of events to happen in the future, there was a tease of Stark and Emma having a wedding. I'm not sure on the status of it all to be honest. Since then Iron Man got a new writer and direction so it seems kind of moot. As for the second part, it's pretty much what Gray Lensman explained. This is just a thought that came up. My response a few days ago is the one I feel most likely to be true, but I did consider this all to be a possibility. Sorry for the confusion, lol.
    Well, hopefully Stark/Emma was just a fever dream. Thanks for the clarification.

As for the triangle, I'm sick of it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

So, the team having been revealed, any expectations for how Scott might interact with them?

I'm honestly not sure what to expect considering Scott's bad history with some of them at times. Also, is there really anything significant for Scott at the Gala at this point? It seems all skippable considering it would have been his and Jean's team reveal.
    Let's get Scott and Lorna together, because if Krakoa has accelerated to a decadent decline we may as well enjoy the ride and I really want to see Magneto passing out cigars (lol), as Gray Lensman put it.

In all seriousness, I just want some good ol' fashioned X-Men superhero comics.

As for HG, I'll probably only get the Planet-Size X-Men, I'm utterly uninterested in this. I'm no fashionista, so I get it's not for me, but I dislike almost every single "costume" here, and I don't understand why Krakoa is emulating elite human culture.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Ruby Summers in X-Factor during the Second Coming arc. Black colored optic blasts, red gemstone form, blonde hair. Speculated to be Scott's daughter with Emma, but only Scott was actually confirmed on panel as being one of Ruby's parents.
    That recent Summers Family Tree confirmed Emma was Ruby’s mom
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm really not optmistic about this book, Bishop, Iceman and Pyro fans have been complaining for a long time that those characters are in Marauders just as background in Kitty and Emma's story guest-starring Storm. My fear is that Cyclops will end up in the same situation, what we got with the character in Cable was better than in X-Men, but Scott didn't do anything in that book, he ate sandwich, and was in the role of a sitcon main character's dad.
    Something tells me we'll end up with a Claremontian Cyclops, the boring guy barking orders his team don't listen and getting in the way of them having fun. Honestly, it will not surprise me if Cyclops end up kicked out of the leadership role.

Yes, I'm pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm really not optmistic about this book, Bishop, Iceman and Pyro fans have been complaining for a long time that those characters are in Marauders just as background in Kitty and Emma's story guest-starring Storm. My fear is that Cyclops will end up in the same situation, what we got with the character in Cable was better than in X-Men, but Scott didn't do anything in that book, he ate sandwich, and was in the role of a sitcon main character's dad.
    Something tells me we'll end up with a Claremontian Cyclops, the boring guy barking orders his team don't listen and getting in the way of them having fun. Honestly, it will not surprise me if Cyclops end up kicked out of the leadership role.

Yes, I'm pessimistic.
    Well, I don't blame you for having doubts. I have my own reservations in regards to Scott's potential portrayal. That being said, I'll give it a shot, but at this point I don't think I'll stay for the ride if things head south. I feel we've been let down too many times with the hope that it will lead somewhere.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Well, I don't blame you for having doubts. I have my own reservations in regards to Scott's potential portrayal. That being said, I'll give it a shot, but at this point I don't think I'll stay for the ride if things head south. I feel we've been let down too many times with the hope that it will lead somewhere.
    Same, they have a small window to convince me they can do this.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.