Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post

Tthere is so much truth here.
    Lmao love it!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I'm not optimistic, although that's generally the kind of person I am — pretty cautious. Duggan needs to get me quick, I'm not gonna buy anymore if I don't enjoy it.
    Well, I don't really blame you there. There hasn't been much to be excited about so far. I'm honestly just worried about the team dynamics and whether everyone will feel like they have a role to fill. Marauders hasn't exactly built up my confidence in his team writing skills.

From what ive read of Cable, Duggan Scott is a Father first and Foremost who seems to have forgotten alot of things. Its not bad but its incomplete.
    I think this puts what I've been feeling into more concise words. It really leaves me wondering what to expect.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-02-2021 at 06:58 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, I don't really blame you there. There hasn't been much to be excited about so far. I'm honestly just worried about the team dynamics and whether everyone will feel like they have a role to fill. Marauders hasn't exactly built up my confidence in his team writing skills.

I think this puts what I've been feeling into more concise words. It really leaves me wondering what to expect.
    You should read his Uncanny Avengers run
    It was a great team book (I think X-Men will look a lot more like UA than Marauders)

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    You should read his Uncanny Avengers run
    It was a great team book (I think X-Men will look a lot more like UA than Marauders)
    Interesting, I'll give it a read. Hopefully you're right and it's evened out. Thanks for the recommendation by the way.

I really want to be optimistic but boy do I feel like I've been more disappointed than pleasantly surprised so far. Well, I guess we'll find out in less than a week.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Scott was sentenced to the couch for awhile.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sssssss.... Low blow, Scott. Low blow.

That's a brutal reply if I've ever seen one.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I think there are very few writers who consistently hit it out of the park, so even if Duggan has written good team books before, I can't be hopeful that he'll do it again with the X-Men.

And going by AJpyro, Duggan's Scott leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe his characterization will improve in the new setting, who knows.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

These comics are hilarious! This Scott just has no filter, I love it.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Can't believe no one's joked about Duggan's Cyke losing debates off-panel, standing around and emoting awkwardly for the bulk of the upcoming X-Men run.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Can't believe no one's joked about Duggan's Cyke losing debates off-panel, standing around and emoting awkwardly for the bulk of the upcoming X-Men run.
    I noticed that too, lol. It made the cliff hanger from the last issue seem a little pointless. That's part of the reason I'm still slightly worried about what we might get. I'm hoping his Cyke isn't too passive. It's been a while since he's properly led a team. Hopefully he comes off as a capable leader.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-05-2021 at 11:24 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Burn!

Serious, omega-level burn!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

I noticed that too, lol. It made the cliff hanger from the last issue seem a little pointless. That's part of the reason I'm still slightly worried about what we might get. I'm hoping his Cyke isn't too passive. It's been a while since he's properly led a team. Hopefully he comes off as a capable leader.
    Eh I prefer passive but authortive Scott. The pendulum kind of swung a little too hard to the other side during the Utopia era and he more often then not came off as a dick.

With the mutant race no longer on the verge of Extinction in Scott not being in charge of the future of mankind anymore he can take a much more chill laid-back approach. Although with personalities like Rouge and Sunfire on the team I imagine he's going to be putting his foot down eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh I prefer passive but authortive Scott. The pendulum kind of swung a little too hard to the other side during the Utopia era and he more often then not came off as a dick.

With the mutant race no longer on the verge of Extinction in Scott not being in charge of the future of mankind anymore he can take a much more chill laid-back approach. Although with personalities like Rouge and Sunfire on the team I imagine he's going to be putting his foot down eventually.
    I don't want him to come off as a jerk, but I don't think a leader should ever be overly passive. His default style is usually "no nonsense". I think he could be understanding and open to other viewpoints, but just letting anything be without voicing an opinion doesn't seem like him. He usually sticks to what he believes. Also, what do you mean by passive and authoritative. I feel like those words are opposites to each other. Would you mind clarifying? I'm honestly curious. We might just be on the same page.

That aside, there's also the fact that he isn't the best people person. It would seem a bit odd if Scott is suddenly more easygoing than Jean. One of them has to be at least somewhat assertive considering they are the representatives of krakoa. They need to look good. It would seem off to me if Scott is easygoing and Jean is assertive as leaders, but this also includes their normal behavior.

That's just me. As for Rogue and Synch, I'm not sure what to expect. Don't really care for any leading conflict/drama.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-06-2021 at 05:36 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

I don't want him to come off as a jerk, but I don't think a leader should ever be overly passive. His default style is usually "no nonsense". I think he could be understanding and open to other viewpoints, but just letting anything be without voicing an opinion doesn't seem like him. He usually sticks to what he believes. Also, what do you mean by passive and authoritative. I feel like those words are opposites to each other. Would you mind clarifying? I'm honestly curious. We might just be on the same page.

That aside, there's also the fact that he isn't the best people person. It would seem a bit odd if Scott is suddenly more easygoing than Jean. One of them has to be at least somewhat assertive considering they are the representatives of krakoa. They need to look good. It would seem off to me if Scott is easygoing and Jean is assertive as leaders, but this also includes their normal behavior.

That's just me. As for Rogue and Synch, I'm not sure what to expect. Don't really care for any leading conflict/drama.
    Well don't think Cyclops being overly passive is going to be an issue it hasn't been a problem so far.

I don't really consider passive and authortive opposites in reminded of the old saying "speak softly but carry a big stick" and that's always felt like Scott to me he's not one to mince words or waste his time yelling at someone to fall in line. But I fully expect Cyclops to have to check somebody on this team my money is on Sunfire.