Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why has Jean been written like this? Yikes.
    I mean it's pretty common for Jean and Emma to take jabs at each other lol

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I really miss his friendship with Beast (and I miss even worse the old beast before he became essentially just Dark Beast but with an even bigger ego).
    I wish Scott could be a part of a book like X-factor, fewer stakes and not advancing any huge plot but with a lot of downtimes to explore his personal relationships. At least X-men did explore his relationship with his kids
    I feel like writers usually write Scott as aloof and distant from his other X-Men buddies. The whole "the leader can't get TOO close to his teammates" shtick that being said he has been shown to be much more relaxed during this Krakoa era. Going out to the tiki bar, taking family vacations, friendly chats with Logan, eating a sub sandwhich while Emma berates him for the relationship between Cable and her daughter lol
    Last edited by loke13; 06-06-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I really miss his friendship with Beast (and I miss even worse the old beast before he became essentially just Dark Beast but with an even bigger ego).
    I wish Scott could be a part of a book like X-factor, fewer stakes and not advancing any huge plot but with a lot of downtimes to explore his personal relationships. At least X-men did explore his relationship with his kids
    Honestly, forming some kind of friendships would be nice. Considering his lack of interaction with any of the O5, apart from Jean, Scott's main interactions so far seem to revolve around family or Magik. Although, I can't complain about the kid bonding or Magik bonding. I want more of that, lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, forming some kind of friendships would be nice. Considering his lack of interaction with any of the O5, apart from Jean, Scott's main interactions so far seem to revolve around family or Magik. Although, I can't complain about the kid bonding or Magik bonding. I want more of that, lol.
    Nah. There's only a finite amount of borrowing of things a certain someone(s) will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Cyclops and Magik is one of my favorite relationships in comics, they should invest more on their friendship, they are like work colleagues that end-up becoming friends.
    It's even more interesting, if we remember the ealier Utopia's days, when Cyclops had Illyana imprisioned on the island, and I think, that part of the respect she have for him, comes from the fact that he recognized how dangerous she was, and took measures about it.
    Given how Colossus treating her as a inocent child was always something that bothered her, Cyclops seeing her as a powerful and dangerous adult was something she appreciated. Magik feared she would end up hurting her brother (she did it) who didn't saw the danger she represented, while Scott was well aware of it.

I really hope, they never go the romantic route with Scott and Illyana, it's good for Cyclops to have a connection with character that aren't love interests ( always a mess), old school classmates or atagonistic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Cyclops and Magik is one of my favorite relationships in comics, they should invest more on their friendship, they are like work colleagues that end-up becoming friends.
    It's even more interesting, if we remember the ealier Utopia's days, when Cyclops had Illyana imprisioned on the island, and I think, that part of the respect she have for him, comes from the fact that he recognized how dangerous she was, and took measures about it.
    Given how Colossus treating her as a inocent child was always something that bothered her, Cyclops seeing her as a powerful and dangerous adult was something she appreciated. Magik feared she would end up hurting her brother (she did it) who didn't saw the danger she represented, while Scott was well aware of it.

I really hope, they never go the romantic route with Scott and Illyana, it's good for Cyclops to have a connection with character that aren't love interests ( always a mess), old school classmates or atagonistic.
    I mean I doubt anything romantic going to happen between them how old is Magik anyway?

I always think of Scott and Yana as something akin to sibling substitutes to each other. Their relationship really took off after she hurt Piotr (with him actually wanting her dead in response) and Alex was made head of the so-called unity team. Scott was without his younger sibling, Yana without her older one, and they were mostly isolated against the world too boot.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Nah. There's only a finite amount of borrowing of things a certain someone(s) will allow.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I always think of Scott and Yana as something akin to sibling substitutes to each other. Their relationship really took off after she hurt Piotr (with him actually wanting her dead in response) and Alex was made head of the so-called unity team. Scott was without his younger sibling, Yana without her older one, and they were mostly isolated against the world too boot.
    Can I humbly propose a combination of two? Something along the lines of Scott being a sort-of older friendly/sibling figure who fully acknowledged how full of crazy she was and kinda just took it in stride instead of pretending nothing had changed. Of course, the irony is that Bendis ultimately defanged both and the x-office has been running with it ever since. Oh well.

Just saw a light spoiler of tomorrow's issue of X-Men #21 that I think Cyclops fans will appreciate. Won't share it. Just keep an eye out for it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Can I humbly propose a combination of two? Something along the lines of Scott being a sort-of older friendly/sibling figure who fully acknowledged how full of crazy she was and kinda just took it in stride instead of pretending nothing had changed. Of course, the irony is that Bendis ultimately defanged both and the x-office has been running with it ever since. Oh well.
    That's probably true, Yana was chafing at Pete's inability to see her as anything other than the preteen snowflake she was introduced as.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Just saw a light spoiler of tomorrow's issue of X-Men #21 that I think Cyclops fans will appreciate. Won't share it. Just keep an eye out for it.
    Oooooh now I'm really excited

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Can someone else spoil this please? No offense MM, but you seem to like everything now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Can someone else spoil this please? No offense MM, but you seem to like everything now-a-days.
    None taken.

I'm just a generally upbeat guy in that I like to highlight things I find awesome.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

spoilers:
    It was a nice moment. Scott really seems to be in prophet/1st apostle mode as he paraphrases Charles and his journey. Feige cameo was just silly. Mars X-Terra Begins
    end of spoilers

So yeah not bad.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If you had any doubts about what the future of Cyclops could be in the MCU, this week's X-Men is a good read.