Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1379

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    How do you know this?
    Tea leaves?

I think Scott and Jean decided to split the team at the end of the third issue, to tackle the space problem.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

How do you know this?
    Wasn't that the point of the rock, paper, scissors game? To decide who leads the team in space?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Tea leaves?
    What would that look like?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Knowing how something will play out doesn't necessarily ruin it, but I'm not exactly optimistic about CK.
    Who knows, maybe someone from the team will remember Current!Scott exists?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Wasn't that the point of the rock, paper, scissors game? To decide who leads the team in space?
    I honestly don’t think so. I think the point of that scene was to underscore, in an un-heavy-handed manner, their warmth and affection for one another, and to show them make light of a pretty serious development. Scott suggesting the game was like him saying, “Can you believe this ****? Might as well play rock, paper, scissors.”

Even if you did read that scene as both of them seriously resorting to playing a game as a form of tactical planning, neither of them defined the terms. Did the loser go to space or stay on Earth?

I honestly don’t think so. I think the point of that scene was to underscore, in an un-heavy-handed manner, their warmth and affection for one another, and to show them make light of a pretty serious development. Scott suggesting the game was like him saying, “Can you believe this ****? Might as well play rock, paper, scissors.”

Even if you did read that scene as both of them seriously resorting to playing a game as a form of tactical planning, neither of them defined the terms. Did the loser go to space or stay on Earth?
    If it really was just for jokes, that's rather odd for Scott to suggest it in that way.

Guess we'll just have to wait for the issue, but I'm pretty sure Jean's leading the space trip.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

If it really was just for jokes, that's rather odd for Scott to suggest it in that way.
    Why? I don’t mean this flippantly, but do you expect him to still be brooding and controlling?

Why? I don’t mean this flippantly, but do you expect him to still be brooding and controlling?
    It seems odd that Scott wouldn't take the mission that seriously. His nightmares were shown in issue #4, yet they don't seem to be reflected in his behavior. He fears failure as well as losing everything he has now, so why wouldn't he take these threats seriously? He can still be as cautious as before while being more easygoing and positive. It isn't new. Whedon did it better in my opinion.

As for controlling, that was mainly in the Utopia era. Even then he's been repeatedly shown as someone open to following other leaders and ideas. I have no problem with that, but not taking anything seriously is odd.

Out of curiosity, have you read Astonishing X-Men by Joss Whedon?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-27-2021 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Just throwing it out there, but the rock, paper, scissor was obviously meant just for the two of them. There's no way they didn't split the rest of the team based on the perceived complexity of the assignment. Scott lost. He'll be on Earth with the weaker half of the team.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-27-2021 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Just throwing out there, but the rock, paper, scissor was obviously meant just for the two of them. There's no way they didn't split the rest of the team based on the perceived complexity of the assignment. Scott lost. He'll be on Earth with the weaker half of the team.
    That's probably what happened for the rest of the team, yeah.

I just hope he stops being the comedic relief so much.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-27-2021 at 05:29 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

That's probably what happened for the rest of the team, yeah.
    Assuming it is indeed the case, anyone else kinda dying to find out how on Earth (eh) Scott and Laura might end up on the same team, lol?

Well, well. Instead of a cyber zombie version of Cyclops that's been fused with magical flowers, we just might get a magical plant that's really stoked on Cyclops. Yay.

So, is Scott Jean's rescue binky again or did he go underground to not give the Ressurection Protocols away?

Smart writing is on the second, smart money is sadly on the first.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 10-29-2021 at 06:01 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    So, is Scott Jean's rescue binky again or did he go underground to not give the Ressurection Protocols away?

Smart writing is on the second, smart money is sadly on the first.
    Well, "smart" might be a bit too complimentary, lol. I mean, if someone dies, they get benched and go back to Krakoa. It's neither smart nor dumb. It's just... the only course of action, really.

What will make or break this story is whether Captain Krakoa's identity ties in with Duggan's plot threads or not. For instance, a Propect Polyphemus/Krakoa hybrid would qualify as the former. Krakoa wanting to become a meatbag just because would be... insane.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-29-2021 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, "smart" might be a bit too complimentary, lol. I mean, if someone dies, they get benched and go back to Krakoa. It's neither smart nor dumb. It's just... the only course of action, really.

What will make or break this story is whether Captain Krakoa's identity ties in with Duggan's plot threads or not. For instance, a Propect Polyphemus/Krakoa hybrid would qualify as the former. Krakoa wanting to become a meatbag just because would be... insane.
    Well, by "go underground" I meant "assume new identity and investigate in secret" rather than "retire to the tikI bar and drink spiked tea".
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Well, by "go underground" I meant "assume new identity and investigate in secret" rather than "retire to the tikI bar and drink spiked tea".
    Not really sure what there would be to investigate or how anyone could do it covertly.

I get the feeling it'll be as simple as Cyke wanting to imprison/put down Project Polyphemus while Jean will want to save him/it(?) with Love, Kindness and magical flowers. Scott loses the vote, he gets benched until the season's final act.