Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Ah, that's my bad, meant the spoilers:
    psychic one. It's brought up as a side comment when teaching about telepathy
    end of spoilers

At this point, yeah, I'm leaning towards that as well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    This is actually spot on, lol.

spoilers:
    the affair
    end of spoilers gets brought up later. I don't know how you do it.

Yep, agree with you there. This is exactly the stuff I hoped would be avoided. I don't care who is with who as long as none of the characters are thrown under the bus for it.
    Ooooooooh. Would I also be correct in assuming that the "subtext" (lol) of the line/exchange is that setting up psychic sex rooms (or whatever) is the woooorst thing ever, therefore we'll never directly address transgressions of the actual flesh?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Ooooooooh. Would I also be correct in assuming that the "subtext" (lol) of the line/exchange is that setting up psychic sex rooms (or whatever) is the woooorst thing ever, therefore we'll never directly address transgressions of the actual flesh?
    Well, it establishes that spoilers:
    it's a very private affair and for Jean it wasn't fun for someone she loved to have spent their nights in secret somewhere else
    end of spoilers . So, I guess depending on how you might interpret that, maybe? Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the second part of your post comes up in some way, lol.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Well, it establishes that spoilers:
    it's a very private affair and for Jean it wasn't fun for someone she loved to have spent their nights in secret somewhere else
    end of spoilers . So, I guess depending on how you might interpret that, maybe? Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the second part of your post comes up in some way, lol.
    Well, it couldn't, now, could it? If psychic affairs are (re)established as this super hurtful thing, then there's no point directly addressing anything else, right?

You know, the x-office bringing back the whole 'It only counts when my feelings are being hurt' thingy was inevitable because it is absolutely in-character, but this just feels so random, lol. Like, what, Quentin Quire of all people brought it up?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 04-21-2021 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, it couldn't, now, could it? If psychic affairs are (re)established as this super hurtful thing, then there's no point directly addressing anything else, right?

You know, the x-office bringing back the whole 'It only counts when my feelings are being hurt' thingy was inevitable because it is absolutely in-character, but this just feels so random, lol. Like, what, Quentin Quire of all people brought it up?
    Yeah, it's rather random. spoilers:
    Quire mentions having consensual fun with Phoebe at night and Jean brings it up
    end of spoilers

I don't know why she mentioned it, but she did.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Yeah, it's rather random. spoilers:
    Quire mentions having consensual fun with Phoebe at night and Jean brings it up
    end of spoilers

I'm pretty sure Jean was trying to say "speaking from experience. Not a good idea." Lol

Scott's current affair-that-isn't-technically-cheating, maybe? Foreshadowing and all that.

Oh, what the heck, I'll play nice and let it slide. For all we know, Scott was dreaming about another woman/man so loud he couldn't even hear Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Jean was trying to say "speaking from experience. Not a good idea." Lol
    Why divulge something like that? To me that's an example of seeing the writer in the work.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Ah, that's my bad, meant the spoilers:
    psychic one. It's brought up as a side comment when teaching about telepathy
    end of spoilers

At this point, yeah, I'm leaning towards that as well.
    They just can't leave it alone.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Read Way of X. Man I wish Spurrier was writing Scott again.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Read Way of X. Man I wish Spurrier was writing Scott again.
    These questions should've been raised from the very beginning. Good grief.

The issue itself was pretty good, but it's too little to late to sell me on this. I won't be picking it up.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Well, for a character that really doesn't need to be in the books he writes, he seems to have a reoccurring role. One that isn't too flattering. I might be overthinking it, but there seems to be a trend with his appearances.
    The X-Books for the better part of the last decade were kept afloat by sinking Scott. I don't know what book the dude writes but maybe it isn't faring too well.

Old habits die hard, I suppose.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    The X-Books for the better part of the last decade were kept afloat by sinking Scott. I don't know what book the dude writes but maybe it isn't faring too well.

Old habits die hard, I suppose.
    Yeah, that's a good point.

I know it's nice to see Scott spending time with his family, but let me ask: does it make sense to y'all that Scott would willingly work with Sinister and Apocalypse?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point.

I know it's nice to see Scott spending time with his family, but let me ask: does it make sense to y'all that Scott would willingly work with Sinister and Apocalypse?
    I can believe it if someone actually bothered to write the transition between Rosenbubble's end and Hickman's start. But doing so means Hickman and his ilk actually have to write / can't cherry pick continuity as much as they want.

As things are-- yeah, I can still believe it. The current run are just a bunch of OCs anyways; they'll get completely overwritten ten years from now --if Marvel Comics is still alive, anyways.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I can believe it if someone actually bothered to write the transition between Rosenbubble's end and Hickman's start. But doing so means Hickman and his ilk actually have to write / can't cherry pick continuity as much as they want.

As things are-- yeah, I can still believe it. The current run are just a bunch of OCs anyways; they'll get completely overwritten ten years from now --if Marvel Comics is still alive, anyways.
    As far as we know, Scott doesn't know about the Moira stuff - so why has Scott stepped back under Xavier's direction after everything that happened the last few years? Why would he work under Sinister and Apocalypse, who have done so much to hurt him and his loved ones, done so much to ruin his life?

I know that WoX is supposed to give us answers, but I'm not convinced that these are the genuine articles. I actually laughed when I read Giant-Size X-Men: Storm and she went on an entire quest to prevent her death from an advanced form of the Legacy Virus - I mean why? What's the point? Just respawn. SMH.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.