Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 1,366 to 1,379 of 1379
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I was kind of hoping Scott would have gone to another book. That being said, I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer:

Do you think there are any plans for Scott next year, aside from Captain Krakoa?

Does anyone have any hopes for the character next year?

What rating would you give Scott's overall portrayal this year from 1-10? (1 being terrible. 10 being nearly perfect/amazing.)

If you have one, what is your favorite moment from Scott this year?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 12-16-2021 at 03:39 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Cap Krak is a Doppleganger, and Scott wacks him

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I was kind of hoping Scott would have gone to another book. That being said, I have a few questions for anyone willing to answer:

Do you think there are any plans for Scott next year, aside from Captain Krakoa?
    Firstly, given what we've seen so far from Duggan, odds are the Captain Krakoa subplot will be more about Jean's reaction to Scott being benched/turned into a plant than Scott himself. Secondly, of course there are plans. Immortal X-Men is going to need a punching bag. Heck, if that promo art is any indication, he might even get two whacked out terrorist mommy figures out of it.

Does anyone have any hopes for the character next year?
    I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't rooting for a drama-free divorce over professional differences, but I guess I'd settle for Scott not having to stand around and put up with other folks whining/victim complex for a whole year.

What rating would you give Scott's overall portrayal this year from 1-10? (1 being terrible. 10 being nearly perfect/amazing.)
    He was... there. That's... a 4, I guess?

If you have one, what is your favorite moment from Scott this year?
    Total blank. Will have to think on it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

On one hand, it's pretty clear Scott is only in the book because he had to be after X of Swords. On the other, at least Duggan doesn't hate him or anything.

That said, considering how we don't have a writer with power enough to impose his vision over editorial with Hickman leaving, and how much JDW made clear (on these boards, even) he loathes Utopia-era Cyke, I don't expect anything interesting.

Cyclops was also clearly screwed by Hickman's run being cut short, since it we wouldn't be getting this diet version of Inferno. but rather something much bigger, that would certainly include his reaction to Xavier and Magneto's manipulations.
    Last edited by Omega Alpha; 12-17-2021 at 06:53 PM.

It's pretty clear that Cyclops is captain Krakoa. Put perhaps more interesting is the fact they are making him a chimera probably. Which is going to fucking rule. I hope he keeps the extra powers.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    It's pretty clear that Cyclops is captain Krakoa. Put perhaps more interesting is the fact they are making him a chimera probably. Which is going to fucking rule. I hope he keeps the extra powers.
    It seems very likely.

I find it "interesting" that Scott might very well become a different superhero in X-Men. At least it will fit his personality change. At that point, Duggan really will be writing a different character.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Firstly, given what we've seen so far from Duggan, odds are the Captain Krakoa subplot will be more about Jean's reaction to Scott being benched/turned into a plant than Scott himself. Secondly, of course there are plans. Immortal X-Men is going to need a punching bag. Heck, if that promo art is any indication, he might even get two whacked out terrorist mommy figures out of it.

I'd be lying if I claimed I wasn't rooting for a drama-free divorce over professional differences, but I guess I'd settle for Scott not having to stand around and put up with other folks whining/victim complex for a whole year.
    While I want to like the co-leading idea in X-Men, I'm not blown away so far. The team doesn't even feel like it needs a leader. So far, they just seem to run into trouble and work as they go. Scott's orders seem rather redundant as of now. I feel like Cyke would be better off in another book, especially considering his "punching bag" status so far. Rogue and Laura would probably do much better somewhere else as well.

The "divorce" isn't necessarily needed at that point, just better writing or story separation. That being said, I'm not a fan of how Duggan handles Scott and Jean as a couple. He might give "cutesy" moments, but that's about it.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 12-20-2021 at 07:13 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I can't believe we're close to the year's end and this thread didn't even reach 100 pages.

There was a time when this thread was the most active one on the entire X-Books forum. And now days go by where it isn't even on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I can't believe we're close to the year's end and this thread didn't even reach 100 pages.

There was a time when this thread was the most active one on the entire X-Books forum. And now days go by where it isn't even on the first page.
    I think Cyke had more agency when he was dead....
    Dark does not mean deep.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The most memorable things he did this year were taking a sledgehammer to the head and talking to Kevin Feige at some silly costume party. Can't believe I'm saying this about any fictional character, ever.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

JDW listed Cyclops as one of his favorite characters of the year...He finally realized his decade old dream of seeing Cyclops as the exact opposite as he was during that Utopia era- rather than proactive, ambitious, central to the stories and being with Emma, he's purely reactive, unambitious, periphereal, and is with Jean (plus seeing Emma on the side, but nothing is perfect).

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    JDW listed Cyclops as one of his favorite characters of the year...He finally realized his decade old dream of seeing Cyclops as the exact opposite as he was during that Utopia era- rather than proactive, ambitious, central to the stories and being with Emma, he's purely reactive, unambitious, periphereal, and is with Jean (plus seeing Emma on the side, but nothing is perfect).
    I have stopped believing anyone from Marvel Comics who says Cyclops is their favourite character.

Wastelanders - Star-Lord (2021) 001-007.jpg Wastelanders: Star-Lord has a ghost Scott, from the Old Man Logan universe.

Death of Doctor Strange (2021-) 04 (of 05)-020.jpg That's also a red colored version of his current costume that is a recolor of Bachalo's version on Death of Doctor Strange #4.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The most memorable things he did this year were taking a sledgehammer to the head and talking to Kevin Feige at some silly costume party. Can't believe I'm saying this about any fictional character, ever.
    All the Cyke 'fans' had a blast this year, though!

I have stopped believing anyone from Marvel Comics who says Cyclops is their favourite character.
    Finally, an accomplice. Our shared bitterness will be legendary! :]
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie