Page 12 of 92 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How??
    10char
    I know. I just don't want him to be the son of Katherine Summers. Even if so, I want him to be a genetically tampered twin/ clone of Vulcan who was created to break Corsair.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    How??
    10char
    Adam-x
    All the clone cables

Also there is a hint that there is a sister named Eve

Looking back this was a nice way to finally afford Scott some flexibility with his power without making him too op, it would be a nice way to evolve the old plain optic blast not to mention improve on its already pleasing graphic rendition.

cykep01.jpg

I wish marvel would be a bit more progressive when it comes to Cyke mutation.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AROSWELL View Post
    Recently in King in Black, Scott was finally freed along with Storm, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Doctor Strange, and Thor. The best part of it all, he finally decided to do something he should've done earlier on, taking a look beyond his visor, and boy oh boy his new blast is like his arcing blast. I was right about Scott finally controlling his new blasts at will. I just want him to curve them as well. Also, Eddie is no longer the Venom and Knull truly underestimated him. He is the new Captain Universe, Knull's arch-nemesis.
    Attachment 106212 Attachment 106213 Attachment 106214
    Yeah, this was fucking great. I like how Cates remembered how strong Scott is supposed to be. KiB started pretty run of the mill, but its use of so many heroes was great.

Quote Originally Posted by AROSWELL View Post
    Recently in King in Black, Scott was finally freed along with Storm, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Doctor Strange, and Thor. The best part of it all, he finally decided to do something he should've done earlier on, taking a look beyond his visor, and boy oh boy his new blast is like his arcing blast. I was right about Scott finally controlling his new blasts at will. I just want him to curve them as well. Also, Eddie is no longer the Venom and Knull truly underestimated him. He is the new Captain Universe, Knull's arch-nemesis.

Attachment 106214
    These people better be dead. If not, then it's all just flashy flash flashing without any power behind it. Which I am absolutely tired of.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Eh, isn't that the same thing as when he took his visor off to blast Xavier out of Onslaught?
    I have to provide just a bit more context to Cyclops in King in Black, specifically that there are gigantic, street-wide energy blasts of different colors, from Strange, Sue Richards, and Thor, all meeting in the middle. Cyclops is shooting from the left.

Yeah, Cyclops has fired wider-spray blasts, but this is probably the widest focused blast he's ever done, even more than Whedon's ("To Me, My X-Men") feat on Breakworld.

The fact that Cyclops' power output here is on par with Invisible Woman, Strange, and Thor (yes, I know he's capable of more) in this specific instance is a testament to his own power.

Last edited by Cyke; 02-18-2021 at 12:35 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Looking back this was a nice way to finally afford Scott some flexibility with his power without making him too op, it would be a nice way to evolve the old plain optic blast not to mention improve on its already pleasing graphic rendition.

cykep01.jpg

This era provided a somewhat fresh take on his powers. It's unfortunate that it went nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I have to provide just a bit more context to Cyclops in King in Black, specifically that there are gigantic, street-wide energy blasts of different colors, from Strange, Sue Richards, and Thor, all meeting in the middle. Cyclops is shooting from the left.

Yeah, Cyclops has fired wider-spray blasts, but this is probably the widest focused blast he's ever done, even more than Whedon's ("To Me, My X-Men") feat on Breakworld.

The fact that Cyclops' power output here is on par with Invisible Woman, Strange, and Thor (yes, I know he's capable of more) in this specific instance is a testament to his own power.
    It's been a while, but at least he's getting his due in some form.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-20-2021 at 02:10 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

cykep01.jpg

This era provided a somewhat fresh take on his powers. It's unfortunate that it went nowhere.
    I know, right?! And sadly, Immonen really hit his artistic peak during the Bendis era

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-21-2021 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]I know, right?! And sadly, Immonen really hit his artistic peak during the Bendis era
    His art was probably the best thing from those books. Too bad his interpretation of the beams didn't continue.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    His art was probably the best thing from those books. Too bad his interpretation of the beams didn't continue.
    I love Alex Ross so much, but he once drew this era's Cyclops for one of the covers to Secret Wars, and it was pretty obvious that he was told about the swirls really late into the process. They were added in as an afterthought. After that, I noticed it being fairly common practice among a lot of other artists, too.

An unidentified drunk comic book artist made this for me at a bar on a sunday night in early 2004. He said he had done X-Force before but I don't remember his name. He was an exboyfriend of the friend I was with [Woman]. All I remember is he was of hispanic descent. I can't make out his autograph. Only the date, 2-5-04. Drawn in NYC at the Night Cafe by Columbia University. My other friend received a wolverine. He drew this in like 10 mins btw. Or at least it seemed like it.

https://i.imgur.com/tFjtRWQ.jpeg
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 02-22-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN;5392972[URL="https://i.imgur.com/tFjtRWQ.jpeg"
    https://i.imgur.com/tFjtRWQ.jpeg[/URL]
    Color me jealous. Really nice sketch. Also, I can't believe I spent 30 mins. analyzing past X-Force artists signatures to figure out this unknown person.

Anyway, here's two fantastic commissions I found of Cyke by Leandro Raimundo.

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Color me jealous. Really nice sketch. Also, I can't believe I spent 30 mins. analyzing past X-Force artists signatures to figure out this unknown person.

Anyway, here's two fantastic commissions I found of Cyke by Leandro Raimundo.
    Did you ever figure it out?

Also, thanks for the art posts. You always seem to find nice pieces.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia