Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I feel like Scott is the type to think of a joke to himself and laugh while everyone else in the room stares confused. I'm not sure why, I just get that impression.
    i can see him doing that.He is not the type to tell it out loud though.Would just try to not laugh loud

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Now that you mention, I'm kinda surprised Cyke never dressed up as Hannibal for Halloween.

Cyclops: "Come on, the white hair, the cigar, 'I love it when a plan comes together???'"
    X-Men: "..............."
    Cyclops: "..............."
    X-Men: "Yeah, no, we just don't remember that Silence of the Lambs dude ever being into cigars, sorry. Great movie, though."
    Cyclops: "..............."

Oh well, on the bright side, thanks to the sliding timescale and Scott's insane early 20s, he's probably not even aware there were Expendables sequels.
    Hey, this month's Champions Kamala calls most of the Avengers millennials.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I feel like Scott is the type to think of a joke to himself and laugh while everyone else in the room stares confused. I'm not sure why, I just get that impression.
    Nah. Scott's more the type to remember actual movie quotes that are often misquoted and get shamed for it whenever he brings up one, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    Hey, this month's Champions Kamala calls most of the Avengers millennials.
    My point exactly. Scott's been in his late 20s/maybe 30 since forever. The guy was going through his post-DPS/Maddie/X-Factor trainwreck years during our early 2010s. His pop culture references repertoire from that era has got to be basically non-existent, right?

Anyway, this preview art has me positively terrified:

Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-17-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Is this the og Secret wars?The one where Spidey beat the X men.Or the new One with Doc Doom and the incursions.
    I do agree they are far apart but that KIB panel was sweet af
    In my post (the one you replied to) I said this was the original Secret Wars, so the one from the 80s.

Though shout out to the incursion Secret Wars since only a few hand-picked heroes survived the incursions and Scott was the lone X-Man to survive the trip to Battleworld (Beast was also chosen but was killed in transit). All the other available X-Men fought the Earth-1610 invasion/incursion and perished.

Nah. Scott's more the type to remember actual movie quotes that are often misquoted and get shamed for it whenever he brings up one, lol.

My point exactly. Scott's been in his late 20s/maybe 30 since forever. The guy was going through his post-DPS/Maddie/X-Factor trainwreck years during our early 2010s. His pop culture references repertoire from that era has got to be basically non-existent, right?

Dude, they're villainous pod-people.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Fair point, lol.

I wonder what would make him smile so much?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Fair point, lol.

Jean is secretly a pervert and has applied her TK for....ahem....activities.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Jean is secretly a pervert and has applied her TK for....ahem....activities.
    This nearly made me choke on my water. Best comment for me today. Kudos.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Fair point, lol.

Queen Emma just decreed that the X-Men would keep flexing and partying instead of worrying about silly things like proper child care and education systems.

I'm kinda not kidding, lol.

Queen Emma just decreed that the X-Men would keep flexing and partying instead of worrying about silly things like proper child care and education systems.

I'm kinda not kidding, lol.
    The writers couldn't even fix that problem for the Krakoans...
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Amazing Member

Mild vent. Went to a gaming store this weekend to buy heroclix with my son. My son knowing I'm a huge Cyclops fan asked at the register "if I get any Cyclops clix, do you want to trade?". The guy working the store responds with "Ah yes Cyclops, he just wants to keep the school together. That means randomly killing thousands of people". here was the rough run down of what happened next:
    "who did he kill?"-Me
    "Oh its the current plot he kills tons of people"-Guy
    "who?"-Me
    "well he put together a kill squad made of his students"-Guy
    "like who?"-Me
    "His students man, he's making them kill people"-Guy
    "X-Force? You mean like Warpath? Deadpool? I can give you X-23"-Me
    "NO, like his teen students man. He's making them kill random people"-Guy
    "like who?" -Me
    to which he then just gave the total. Not going to lie, my real irritation was his inserting himself into a conversation with my 11 year old and I, and then had no clue what he was talking about. I didn't ask comic issues as numbers are hard to fire off on the spot. Most people on the other hand tend to be able to remember characters.

Current plot? Honestly the whole thing is confusing, man. Hopefully it didn't mess with your weekend or time with your son.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    Mild vent. Went to a gaming store this weekend to buy heroclix with my son. My son knowing I'm a huge Cyclops fan asked at the register "if I get any Cyclops clix, do you want to trade?". The guy working the store responds with "Ah yes Cyclops, he just wants to keep the school together. That means randomly killing thousands of people". here was the rough run down of what happened next:
    "who did he kill?"-Me
    "Oh its the current plot he kills tons of people"-Guy
    "who?"-Me
    "well he put together a kill squad made of his students"-Guy
    "like who?"-Me
    "His students man, he's making them kill people"-Guy
    "X-Force? You mean like Warpath? Deadpool? I can give you X-23"-Me
    "NO, like his teen students man. He's making them kill random people"-Guy
    "like who?" -Me
    to which he then just gave the total. Not going to lie, my real irritation was his inserting himself into a conversation with my 11 year old and I, and then had no clue what he was talking about. I didn't ask comic issues as numbers are hard to fire off on the spot. Most people on the other hand tend to be able to remember characters.
    I used to game with a guy who couldn't keep himself from going on a ten minute rant about how he thinks Cyclops is a major douchebag at the slightest mention. He doesn't do this for any other character, but for Cyclops he couldn't even hold back at the mention of Norm Spencer's death. The biggest douchebag wasn't the fictional one.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Amazing Member

Hey guys, I just read a recent page about Scotty and he was dead set right. 4 those who wanted to click it:
    https://mattreadscomics.com/2020/03/...ops-best-xman/

Amazing Member

I didn't let it ruin things with my son. We went home and played several games of clix. I pulled Corsair that that day so I played Cyclops, Havok, Corsair, Vulcan and Forge (he has a power that is useful for characters with the X-Factor qualifier to them). It was fun, my son said I was playing "the Summers+Corsair's mustache brother".

It was weird though, its like the guy was expecting a "Cyclops, am I right bro?" moment. Which given the context of the exchange with my son, made no sense.
    Last edited by Cyked; 05-18-2021 at 06:11 AM. Reason: wrote weird too many times....weird