Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1379
    baumblume

Avengers/X-Men: Bloodties Scott Summers

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Thank you
    You're welcome. Your posts bring some much needed life into the thread. Love the pics so far.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Alright, alright I was wrong. Cyclops didn't get beaten up by gorillas. He merely had them right where he wanted. I'd be lying if I claimed not to prefer Cyclops having the emotional range of a Terminator, but I can deal with Cyke cracking a joke or smile once every fift... I mean, every other issue or so. Duggan's JokesterClops is something else, though.

Anyway. Given how Duggan's still going with the "Humanity will freak ooouuut over mutant resurrections" plot thread, my money's still on Cyke becoming Captain Krakoa as some sort of PR stunt to counter aforementioned freakout. Infinite bonus points if there's no actual Captain Krakoa and it's yet another lore-breaking-telepaths-can-fool-cameras-because-we-said-so illusion.

I love Scott in the new series. He comes across as strong, confident, and self-assured but also non-plussed and trusting of his team. It looks like the next issue will be a big one for him. After all, Duggan did say he's got some big things planned for Slim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I love Scott in the new series. He comes across as strong, confident, and self-assured but also non-plussed and trusting of his team. It looks like the next issue will be a big one for him. After all, Duggan did say he's got some big things planned for Slim.

I want to see a competent Cyclops again - I'm afraid that the moment he is in a situation where he has to do anything other than give orders he's screwed because the last we saw of Scott pre-reboot he had been downgraded to the least capable, least powerful person on the roster.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yes. I loved Scott in HiX-Man's X-Men and Duggan's Scott is a delightful continuation of that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Alright, alright I was wrong. Cyclops didn't get beaten up by gorillas. He merely had them right where he wanted. I'd be lying if I claimed not to prefer Cyclops having the emotional range of a Terminator, but I can deal with Cyke cracking a joke or smile once every fift... I mean, every other issue or so. Duggan's JokesterClops is something else, though.

Anyway. Given how Duggan's still going with the "Humanity will freak ooouuut over mutant resurrections" plot thread, my money's still on Cyke becoming Captain Krakoa as some sort of PR stunt to counter aforementioned freakout. Infinite bonus points if there's no actual Captain Krakoa and it's yet another lore-breaking-telepaths-can-fool-cameras-because-we-said-so illusion.
    Yeah, I'm not entirely feeling Duggan's Scott. Feels like his attempt/interpretation of a "Whedon Scott". I'm fine with him being more laid back and cracking a joke, he's done that before, but Duggan's Scott falls short for me. He feels incomplete and like an entirely different character.

Hope he gets some focus eventually, as of now, he seems inconsequential to any threat. It's passable, but not great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I want to see a competent Cyclops again - I'm afraid that the moment he is in a situation where he has to do anything other than give orders he's screwed because the last we saw of Scott pre-reboot he had been downgraded to the least capable, least powerful person on the roster.
    He seems to be one of the least capable members on this team so far. I'm hoping he does more eventually.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-22-2021 at 09:39 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    He seems to be one of the least capable members on this team so far. I'm hoping he does more eventually.
    For the sake of fairness, the entire team minus Synch and Jean pretty much got thrashed today.

Jean's been dealt the sweetest hand (not even a contest) so far, Polaris/Sunfire/Synch had their "Hey, I get to do something, yay!" moment, Cyke/Rogue/X-23 haven't done much of anything, but since Scott dumped some exposition during the first issue and gave a few orders here and there, I guess he technically ranks third to last as of now.

For the sake of fairness, the entire team minus Synch and Jean pretty much got thrashed today.

Jean's been dealt the sweetest hand (not even a contest) so far, Polaris/Sunfire/Synch had their "Hey, I get to do something, yay!" moment, Cyke/Rogue/X-23 haven't done much of anything, but since Scott dumped some exposition during the first issue and gave a few orders here and there, I guess he technically ranks third to last as of now.
    True, I hope Laura, Rogue, and Scott get a moment to actually do something soon considering the "change".
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

I'm catching up with 90s X-men, I thought this was an interesting conversion between Scott and Jean:

Attachment 114016

EDIT: Does anyone know how I can upload the pic in order for it to be readable? Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cyclops_was_right; 09-23-2021 at 09:47 AM.

baumblume

Uncanny X-Men 156

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

D'Ken rocking that chartreuse gown with the hip-high slits and exaggerated shoulders and plunging neckline is sure to make all the red carpet starlets green with jealousy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

While I'm glad to see Marvel finally dealing with the resurrection questions, I'm not exactly confident about their ability to deliver. Duggan's X-Men has been mostly fluff, which is fine, but we'll need more soon.

I can't decide what outcome I'd prefer with Cap'n Krak, but I do wish the costume were better.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Spectacular Member

FA753518-2FF9-4E86-999E-E62FB69A8102.jpg
    Looking forward to this variant from Unknown Comics

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    FA753518-2FF9-4E86-999E-E62FB69A8102.jpg
    Looking forward to this variant from Unknown Comics
    That variant looks great.