Page 24 of 92 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I would love to see Scott regaining all his erased memories, like the ones from deadly genesis and Age of X. I was hoping to see Frenzy joining Scott's Revolution, but they cut her out because she is the female Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Duggan also implied stuff with Emma, but I think they would rather continue to leave things somewhat vague in case a writer decides to change how the dynamic works. The sinister secret implied an open relationship while also insinuating cheating. Scott and Emma being explicit with their relationship would probably mess with that.

That being said, I can't say I really care for the current relationship at all. Scott has nothing going on to discuss at this point besides that. I guess the buildup for Scott that Hickman was leading up to is moot for the time being unless Duggan does something with it? Hopefully X-men is worth it. I can't say I know what to expect from Duggan. Hopefully it's good. We're just gonna have to wait.

It's rather odd, but Scott/Emma was probably added in later. There's no confirmation for why the dynamic exists, but I feel like Percy really wanted to write Jean and Logan, but Hickman or someone else wanted Scott as a family man and to have his family for plot reasons. Then again who knows, lol.

That being said, its been a while, man. Hope you're doing good.

The Gala is probably the best hope for you, all things considered. I suspect there will be another Jean/Logan moment, so it lends to reason Scott gets an intimate moment in return? If not, then it will probably be some form of drama.
    You're making a lot of sense.

I'm doing alright man, thanks, just life hitting me like a truck. Tons of work, schooling for my electrician's apprenticeship, I've barely done anything lately except work, study, and read. Watch some TV every once in a while.

The X-Books have left me feeling meh.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I mean, Scott, Jean and Logan all came back to life very recently before house of x started. It makes sense they would all have new perspectives on life.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    The entire thing is one of the ways they are showing the development of a post-human morality. It makes sense that the elimination of death (and in some way even old age) would bring big changes to the way relationships are seen
    But how does it make sense? If you really think about it, death was already meaningless before, the big change is how rapidly characters return.

I don't see the logic that no death equals these characters acting this way. I can maybe see Wolverine being okay with this in a general sense, but still.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    But how does it make sense? If you really think about it, death was already meaningless before, the big change is how rapidly characters return.

I don't see the logic that no death equals these characters acting this way. I can maybe see Wolverine being okay with this in a general sense, but still.
    It doesnt. I almost feel like Hickman is trolling and there will be some big twist towards the end of his run that will explain and/or recontextualize alot of the WTF moments we are seeing

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Dugan has wrote a decent Scott in Wifi so...cautious optimism.

Also any Scott/Emma stuff lately?

Death was meaningless to the reader, not the characters. In a way Magneto's claim in X-men 1 to the child of the vault that the mutants are the only gods on Earth isn't just classic Magneto speech it shows the way mutant society is reacting to becoming immortal. Apart from being resurrected after "dying" for great feats or after the crucible being celebrated being resurrected is something regular, we don't even know how many times Cyclops has died since the beginning of Krakoa but it's implied that it happened several times.
    One of the main concepts in all mythology is that gods have a different morality, this follows that concept.

In any case they are going to explore that concept in way of X

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll stick to XFac and Sword.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The entire thing is one of the ways they are showing the development of a post-human morality. It makes sense that the elimination of death (and in some way even old age) would bring big changes to the way relationships are seen
    Specially considering it also eliminates one of the main risks of cheating- STDs... Again, anyone saying their outlook in life and of everyone they know wouldn't change drastically if the possibility of dying permanently was eliminated is delusional.

Death was meaningless to the reader, not the characters. In a way Magneto's claim in X-men 1 to the child of the vault that the mutants are the only gods on Earth isn't just classic Magneto speech it shows the way mutant society is reacting to becoming immortal. Apart from being resurrected after "dying" for great feats or after the crucible being celebrated being resurrected is something regular, we don't even know how many times Cyclops has died since the beginning of Krakoa but it's implied that it happened several times.
    One of the main concepts in all mythology is that gods have a different morality, this follows that concept.

This reminds me of Warren Ellis saying that that if Fin Fang Foom is going to put you in his pants,the characters have to be terrified of being put into Fin Fang Foom's pants. We as readers knew they would be resurrected, but not them.

Amazing Member

never go against a man on his vacation

https://arousinggrammar.com/2013/01/...-with-cyclops/

Sure, but that still doesn't make a logical connection between "We're immortal" and "I'm gonna try polyamory".
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Specially considering it also eliminates one of the main risks of cheating- STDs... Again, anyone saying their outlook in life and of everyone they know wouldn't change drastically if the possibility of dying permanently was eliminated is delusional.

This reminds me of Warren Ellis saying that that if Fin Fang Foom is going to put you in his pants,the characters have to be terrified of being put into Fin Fang Foom's pants. We as readers knew they would be resurrected, but not them.
    Would I change if given immortality? Yes, but I wouldn't try homosexuality just because I could despite being heterosexual my entire life, or any variable of that example. Maybe some would, but I don't buy it with these characters.

Its gotten to the point where even the characters themselves in universe couldn't be taking death seriously anymore. If anything, the average MU civilian should have been making points about how if you have a mask or shield or claws death is a revolving door.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Meanwhile I have to wonder if there is a certain someone in space wondering why she hasn't received an invite if this polyamory thing is real.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Meanwhile I have to wonder if there is a certain someone in space wondering why she hasn't received an invite if this polyamory thing is real.
    Lol, that's a good point. I feel like that would have been an interesting direction to take things if there was one.

At the end of the day, the situation seems to raise more questions than answers. At least some fans seem to be getting enjoyment out of it.

That being said, I hope Duggan gives us some good leadership moments from Scott. I feel like that's been lacking for him. Ideally, Scott and Jean should equally share the leadership and planning.

You're making a lot of sense.

I'm doing alright man, thanks, just life hitting me like a truck. Tons of work, schooling for my electrician's apprenticeship, I've barely done anything lately except work, study, and read. Watch some TV every once in a while.

The X-Books have left me feeling meh.
    Good to hear. As for the X-books, same here. They just don't seem to be interesting me in the moment, and that's fine. I don't mind waiting, especially if it saves me some money for all my other hobbies.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-13-2021 at 05:19 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The one that deserves the invite the most is Frenzy, and after the last issue of SWORD they better be preparing something or I'm gonna get mad

Sure, but that still doesn't make a logical connection between "We're immortal" and "I'm gonna try polyamory".
    In mythology, the more common thing is "I'm immortal so I'm going to **** everything that has a pulse", the bar right now is in "turn into a golden shower to impregnate woman locked in a room with no doors" not even a male god turning into a mare to be impregnated by a horse can compete with that
    Abandoning human morality, especially regarding heterosexual monogamy, after becoming immortal is kinda a common trope in literature

Mighty Member

Breaking that unwritten rule pretty much erased all the stakes to any story. Which is why events have to insert some contrived form of Megadeath-- but the only Megadeath I support doesn't have a second 'a' in its name.

Yay for Hickman adding to the X-Men mythos. Nay to the approach. Granted, I haven't read an X-Book in months but, last I remember, X-Men read like an editor's notes.

Has Cyke and Lorna bumped uglies yet?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

Has Cyke and Lorna bumped uglies yet?
    Nothing has been confirmed on panel, and to be honest, I doubt it will happen in any event. Scott might be close to Lorna, but she IS the first person to officially join the team after the O5 without it being to keep an eye on them (Like Mimic), discounting retcons of course. Then she dated Bobby for a little while before her long term on and off again relationship with Alex.

Presuming the Sinister Secret about affairs is about Scott and Jean, we can be assured that Jean's affair is with Logan, and Scott's is most likely reconnecting with Emma.

If not Emma, then the suspects would have to be characters that either have displayed a recent desire to be with Scott, or ones he is rather close to, with bonus points if there was a stated attraction in the past.

Frenzy is probably the next most likely, having stated on panel that she still desires a relationship. However, I don't think she has had a single direct interaction on panel with Cyclops since the new run started.

Next would probably be Kwannon - Scott seems to trust her a great deal, and there was mutual physical attraction between them in the past, even if nothing has been stated recently.

Lorna is who I might put next, but mostly for lack of anyone else. They have known each other for years, and we know that if they got together in even a semi official fashion Magneto would probably start passing out cigars.

Last is Magick, and this is a very, very slim chance, way behind even Lorna but ahead of anyone else. Scott and Yana's relationship is more like found family siblings than anything with a whiff of romance or sexuality about it. It's more likely that she asks Scott to be a surrogate father for her yet to be revealed girlfriend than there is any chance of them trying anything with each other.

With the exceptions of Frenzy and Kwannon, each person on the list is several times more likely than everyone else below them on the list combined, even allowing for a last entry of "anyone else on Krakoa".
    Dark does not mean deep.