Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Lord Yes...

Hey Scott!?! So you still into telepaths?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-22-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    Is she trolling or just has that little knowledge?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Is she trolling or just has that little knowledge?
    I believe she have a famous ongoing feud with Cyclops, and one of the main staples of the feud is she insisting his optic blasts is just heat vision. It's pretty damn funny actually.

Kid Cable does his old man proud in Cable #9. You'll know why when you read it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

So, I was thinking, Cyclops never had any second mutation, or was revealed to be an Omega or discovered some ridden power. He is the only of the O5 to still be basically the same character, powerwise, he was in Uncanny X-Men #1. While he have changed a lot in the personality and history department, a great thing actually, would you want him to developt some new power or a second mutation?
    If yes, what would you like to see?

Personaly, I would be really happy if they just give Cyclops control over his blasts, and make it was powerful as it is supposed to be, basically any direct hit should be lethal to someone with a normal human constitution. Also, it would be cool if Scott, and his brothers Vulcan and Havoc didn't need to eat, or water as long as they have access to their powers, the energy they absort/produce would be enough to sustain their bodies, I think that's already the case for Gabriel.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 03-27-2021 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    So, I was thinking, Cyclops never had any second mutation, or was revealed to be an Omega or discovered some ridden power. He is the only of the O5 to still be basically the same character, powerwise, he was in Uncanny X-Men #1. While he have changed a lot in the personality and history department, a great thing actually, would you want him to developt some new power or a second mutation?
    If yes, what would you like to see?

Personaly, I would be really happy if they just give Cyclops control over his blasts, and make it was powerful as it is supposed to be, basically any direct hit should be lethal to someone with a normal human constitution. Also, it would be cool if Scott, and his brothers Vulcan and Havoc didn't need to eat, or water as long as they have access to their powers, the energy they absort/produce would be enough to sustain their bodies, I think that's already the case for Gabriel.
    The problem with overpowering his blasts is that unless he wanted to kill everyone it would rarely be used, and managing his blasts just makes him Darkseid. I think focusing on his personal skills is better, I love it when they focus on his fighting skills or his spacial awareness

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    The problem with overpowering his blasts is that unless he wanted to kill everyone it would rarely be used, and managing his blasts just makes him Darkseid. I think focusing on his personal skills is better, I love it when they focus on his fighting skills or his spacial awareness
    I mean controling his blasts in the sense of not needing the visor anymore, not Darkseid style.

If they overpower his blasts he would have to use it less for sure, so he would have to use more his fighting and tactical skills like you suggested. To me, Cyclops blasts should be almost like Black Bolt's voice, anytime he use it shoud be a moment, and not the long range punches it is currently. In Hopeless and Bunn's run we had normal humans tanking his optic blast, that's just bullshit.

I prefer cranking his spatial awareness to bullet time levels - if he can bounce a shot off a person's personal armor to go up the exhaust of a moving ruby quartz covered jetpack, or bounce a shot 13 times including off surfaces he cant see at the moment when he was a teenager, he should be about as hard to hit as Wolverine's bones are to break. He should be able to dodge the shrapnel from a grenade without having to jump out of range.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I prefer cranking his spatial awareness to bullet time levels - if he can bounce a shot off a person's personal armor to go up the exhaust of a moving ruby quartz covered jetpack, or bounce a shot 13 times including off surfaces he cant see at the moment when he was a teenager, he should be about as hard to hit as Wolverine's bones are to break. He should be able to dodge the shrapnel from a grenade without having to jump out of range.
    Have you watched Alphas on SyFy? One of the characters, have basically a super advanced spacial awareness that allowed him to bounce bullets out of things and "predict" his opponents movies on a fight, more or less like Sherlock Holmes in the Guy Ritchie movies. It would be cool if Scott could do that, and Fraction hinted at it, in his Savage Land arc, when Emma showed how Cyclops mind worked. It doesn't even need to be a mutation, just like Karnak's seeing the flaw in everything isn't related to the Terrigen Mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I mean controling his blasts in the sense of not needing the visor anymore, not Darkseid style.

If they overpower his blasts he would have to use it less for sure, so he would have to use more his fighting and tactical skills like you suggested. To me, Cyclops blasts should be almost like Black Bolt's voice, anytime he use it shoud be a moment, and not the long range punches it is currently. In Hopeless and Bunn's run we had normal humans tanking his optic blast, that's just bullshit.
    Oh, this is never going to happen. It's kind of a rule to maintain certain iconic looks in comic superheroes, that's why they reverted it in Astonishing X-men even though it didn't make any sense in the story, they just had to maintain the look

Extraordinary Member

IIRC, Scott got a power boost after his first encounter with Krakoa, back in Giant Size X-Men #1. I thought that was why he needed a new visor. I prefer to think that Cyclops intentionally holds back his power via training, emotional discipline, and the visor.

Oh, this is never going to happen. It's kind of a rule to maintain certain iconic looks in comic superheroes, that's why they reverted it in Astonishing X-men even though it didn't make any sense in the story, they just had to maintain the look
    He doesn't need to discard the visor, he can keep using it. Maybe to give him better control over his blasts, maybe his eyes are just weirdly read, maybe they "leak" energy, or maybe just for style.

I loved cyclops on x of swords. I love how he challenged the idea of what it means to be an xmen. To the mutants of krakoa it meant taking a side over your fellow mutant. Cyclops explains that being an xmen isn’t about taking sides its about being a hero and saving and protecting those in need. I think it is a big deal going forward because we have a lot of new mutants from arrako and the humans were already wary of krakoa to begin with. It has always been true though that being an xmen means being hated by those you are trying to protect but that just comes with the job and so many mutants willing to stand up for that job.