Page 77 of 92 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1379
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

From the Inferno Teaser Mark Brooks thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Mark Brooks

I should note that every character appears here for a reason and everyone's actions and positions is on purpose. Nothing is haphazard and every character has a motivation or reaction.

I'll take mercy on the Jott shippers by not bringing up the obvious and rather propose a short game of Which Great Captain Looks the Most Unhinged, Unfocused and Is About to Get Knocked Down Hard Because He's Had It Sooooo Good Since the Relaunch.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    From the Inferno Teaser Mark Brooks thread:

I'll take mercy on the Jott shippers by not bringing up the obvious and rather propose a short game of Which Great Captain Looks the Most Unhinged, Unfocused and Is About to Get Knocked Down Hard Because He's Had It Sooooo Good Since the Relaunch.
    I'm not expecting anything good. Scott being the only captain depicted with worry was something that always bothered me.

Yep, he's had it soooooo good. Why not knock him down a peg or two....
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yep, he's had it soooooo good. Why not knock him down a peg or two....
    The only logical conclusion to the past two years of telling and not showing, I suppose.

All right, all right, I'm not being entirely fair, Cyke awkwardly updated his own Wikipedia page via nobody-has-ever-talked-like-that-to-their-sort-of-in-laws-or-some-Hollywood-big-wig-they-just-met-at-some-party-lolwtf dialogue in Hickman's first and last issues.

The only logical conclusion to the past two years of telling and not showing, I suppose.

All right, all right, I'm not being entirely fair, Cyke awkwardly updated his own Wikipedia page via nobody-has-ever-talked-like-that-to-their-sort-of-in-laws-or-some-Hollywood-big-wig-they-just-met-at-some-party-lolwtf dialogue in Hickman's first and last issues.
    It would be even funnier if the conclusion to the past two years is more telling and not showing. In fact, I think it's likely.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

At least a good thing for him today, new skin inspired by Dawn of X in today's update of Marvel Strike Force Opera Instantâneo_2021-09-29_234832_web.whatsapp.com.jpg

Are we all agreed that Scott no longer being Captain-Commander is a good thing?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Well, it's not a bad thing considering it never did anything for him. I don't really have an opinion on it to be honest.

Something bad could still come his way, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    At least a good thing for him today, new skin inspired by Dawn of X in today's update of Marvel Strike Force Opera Instantâneo_2021-09-29_234832_web.whatsapp.com.jpg
    This costume is wasted in this era, in my opinion.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

It would be even funnier if the conclusion to the past two years is more telling and not showing. In fact, I think it's likely.
    Bwahahaahahaha. That's totally what happened with the Captain Commander gig, isn't it? I guess taking pictures and making dad jokes over in Duggan's book is too taxing. I don't mind in the slightest since his current HQ/main residence isn't on Krakoa, but holy hell, don't have a character being light-free and goofing around in one book and then have him/her go "Yeah, no, there's just too much on my plate, y'know? To drive that point home, I suggest we take the afternoon off and drink our asses off, yay!"

If it wasn't for the Data Pages, we'd have zero idea what a Captain Commander does. Hell, it's still kind of unclear.

Well, it's not a bad thing considering it never did anything for him. I don't really have an opinion on it to be honest.

Something bad could still come his way, unfortunately.
    The Captains going out for drinks and making some passive-aggressive BS power play of it felt... off. It's gotta be work-related, right? My guess would be Cyke taking more hits than the other three Captains together as a means to pass the torch and promote the upcoming Kwann... I mean, Captains book. Then it's going to be "Well, my work here is done. Now I'll be getting my ass kicked in that other book! See ya!"

Bwahahaahahaha. That's totally what happened with the Captain Commander gig, isn't it? I guess taking pictures and making dad jokes over in Duggan's book is too taxing. I don't mind in the slightest since his current HQ/main residence isn't on Krakoa, but holy hell, don't have a character being light-free and goofing around in one book and then have him/her go "Yeah, no, there's just too much on my plate, y'know? To drive that point home, I suggest we take the afternoon off and drink our asses off, yay!"

If it wasn't for the Data Pages, we'd have zero idea what a Captain Commander does. Hell, it's still kind of unclear.

The Captains going out for drinks and making some passive-aggressive BS power play of it felt... off. It's gotta be work-related, right? My guess would be Cyke taking more hits than the other three Captains together as a means to pass the torch and promote the upcoming Kwann... I mean, Captains book. Then it's going to be "Well, my work here is done. Now I'll be getting my ass kicked in that other book! See ya!"
    Yeah, it's definitely what happened with the Captain Commander gig. Rather fitting, and Scott acting as if he has too much on his plate is rather mind boggling and hilarious. At this point we just need a panel of Cyke getting high somewhere in a closet in order to explain where all his time has been spent. Stressed...sure.... For spending all that time with Wolverine, I guess he never got any tips on how to appear everywhere.

If this is actually setup for a book, well, it feels kind of late. Scott's definitely got a target on his back. He's connected to too many important characters at this point.

Although, if it's to get him to start acting "normal", then by all means.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-29-2021 at 10:23 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

If this is actually setup for a book, well, it feels kind of late.
    *Everything* about today's issue felt kind of late, lol. Sort of like watching a Saw movie retroactively expanding the series' lore and you're like "Wha... But no, that is clearly not what... This can't... aw, dang it, I guess it technically doesn't *directly* contradict anything. Oh well."

Scott's definitely got a target on his back. He's connected to too many important characters at this point.
    I think it's fair to say X-Men #4/#5's covers and X-Men #6's solicitations aren't even trying to be subtle.

Pretty much my take on it. I'm down for KrakoaClops Whump Season if it means getting the real deal back.

*Everything* about today's issue felt kind of late, lol. Sort of like watching a Saw movie retroactively expanding the series' lore and you're like "Wha... But no, that is clearly not what... This can't... aw, dang it, I guess it technically doesn't *directly* contradict anything. Oh well."

I think it's fair to say X-Men #4/#5's covers and X-Men #6's solicitations aren't even trying to be subtle.

Pretty much my take on it. I'm down for KrakoaClops Whump Season if it means getting the real deal back.
    Yeah, late is a good description. Definitely an odd feeling.

Those covers may finally be honest.

It's our last hope at this point and that says something.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Yeah, late is a good description. Definitely an odd feeling.
    I won't lie, given how kind-of-a-hot-mess-but-tolerable-I-guess the Trial of Magneto has been so far, how terrible X-Corp was on almost every conceivable level and how awkwardly the Way of X's painfully obvious rewrites played out, I'm not exactly sold on the x-office's ability to quarterback *anything* right now.

Those covers may finally be honest.
    For the sake of fairness, I sincerely doubt we'll see a beheading of Cyclops and his head being used as a an actual Jack-o'-lantern in issue #4.

It's our last hope at this point and that says something.
    Maybe the ScEmma shippers have something to look forward to? I mean, Emma dropping 'my love' during the Captains' BS power play thingy totally felt earned and in tune with current continuity, lol.

In all seriousness, though, today's issue revealed that Orchis has had plenty of dead mutant bodies to play with and yet they're only making a big deal out of Cyke's. I'm still holding onto that prediction of Captain Krakoa being the original Cyclops with crazy-ass power upgrades and a totally different outlook on basically everything, ever.

Edit: Edited that last sentence. It just dawned on me CK could be the traditional hardass as opposed to an even more out-of-character KrakoaClops.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 09-29-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, it's definitely what happened with the Captain Commander gig. Rather fitting, and Scott acting as if he has too much on his plate is rather mind boggling and hilarious. At this point we just need a panel of Cyke getting high somewhere in a closet in order to explain where all his time has been spent. Stressed...sure.... For spending all that time with Wolverine, I guess he never got any tips on how to appear everywhere.

If this is actually setup for a book, well, it feels kind of late. Scott's definitely got a target on his back. He's connected to too many important characters at this point.

My understanding of why Cyke said he can't be both Captain Commander and on the X-men wasn't about him being busy, but rather about a conflict of interest. The X-men might be the heroes of Krakoa, but they're heroes, so their first allegiance should be to protecting the world, not to Krakoa. Of course, based on that he should have walked away from being a Captain altogether, but then I guess the new Captains' book needs its Captain Cameo.

Just started to watch Sex Education on Netflix.

I think actor Jackson Theodore Marchetti would be the absolutely perfect casting for Cyclops in the MCU! Cast him ASAP!!!!

Scott always has a sixth sense for knowing when things go wrong.