Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Did you ever figure it out?

Also, thanks for the art posts. You always seem to find nice pieces.
    Nope. Lol Maybe the artist drunkenly scrawled his signature despite drawing a perfect sketch.

Thanks! It's all from spending way too much browsing instagram.

So, since Scott has been resurrected by the Five, he shouldn't have that whole brain damage issue anymore, correct?
    And if so, what does that mean? Will he be able to fully control his powers given some practice? Will his powers become stronger? Are his powers still enhanced like they were after the whole Phoenix Five mess?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Peerless View Post
    So, since Scott has been resurrected by the Five, he shouldn't have that whole brain damage issue anymore, correct?
    And if so, what does that mean? Will he be able to fully control his powers given some practice? Will his powers become stronger? Are his powers still enhanced like they were after the whole Phoenix Five mess?
    I just wrote this in the Storm thread...

You know we always assumed that Cyke's inability to control his optic blast was caused by his head injury but we never considered that his mutant power just work that way...head injury or not.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I just wrote this in the Storm thread...

You know we always assumed that Cyke's inability to control his optic blast was caused by his head injury but we never considered that his mutant power just work that way...head injury or not.
    That's an interesting perspective, but we've seen him have control of his beams in the past.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Peerless View Post
    It is whatever the current writer and marketing division want it to be.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

The thing about cyclops is his visor is such an iconic look for him that they just cant fix his powers. The visor is what says, that's cyclops from a visual standpoint to the casual fan. You can get away without it for a few stories, but then they make a movie or a tv show and guess what version of cyclops is gonna show up? And then they have to put the visor back on. So their best solution is to ignore it. Cyclops should have never gone back to the visor since Whedon fixed his powers 15 years ago. But he did, and now he's stuck with it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BESTXMAN View Post
    The thing about cyclops is his visor is such an iconic look for him that they just cant fix his powers. The visor is what says, that's cyclops from a visual standpoint to the casual fan. You can get away without it for a few stories, but then they make a movie or a tv show and guess what version of cyclops is gonna show up? And then they have to put the visor back on. So their best solution is to ignore it. Cyclops should have never gone back to the visor since Whedon fixed his powers 15 years ago. But he did, and now he's stuck with it.
    Cyclops can still use the visor- for precision, because is his tradermark, and to take advantage of enemies that don't know he can control his powers. Plus, he begun to use glasses even before his powers were fullu active for headaches caused by his unique field of vision, so he'd need to use them anyway.

Fantastic Member

Man,what is with cbr and there yearly "Cyclops is really horrible" news pieces that take things out of context or just paint it one sided.

It's almost like they want cyclops fans mad and yelling at them. Blegh.

https://www.cbr.com/cyclops-let-down...el-comics/amp/

Like wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Man,what is with cbr and there yearly "Cyclops is really horrible" news pieces that take things out of context or just paint it one sided.

Like wut?
    Yep, these type of articles are quite annoying. That being said, they also seem quite humorous when you consider the lengths they go. I mean, those subtitles are so odd they seem humorous. To me, at least. I can't help but wonder, why?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yep, these type of articles are quite annoying. That being said, they also seem quite humorous when you consider the lengths they go. I mean, those subtitles are so odd they seem humorous. To me, at least. I can't help but wonder, why?
    I would find them humorous, too. But then I remember just how much blatant misinformation, half-truths, facts without context and outright lies the Internet is full of about Cyclops. I just think about some kid who might want to get into X-Men and then they get fed up all this crap and form an opinion based on that. The general audience's perspective of Cyclops is horribly skewed and I don't like this kind of articles perpetuating that.

It isn't just one article. Most of them are like that and very few fair ones.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Cyclops can still use the visor- for precision, because is his tradermark, and to take advantage of enemies that don't know he can control his powers. Plus, he begun to use glasses even before his powers were fullu active for headaches caused by his unique field of vision, so he'd need to use them anyway.
    They said for years...he got some brain damage as a kid from him and Alex jumping with one parachute and him smacking his head hard in the landing. and Madelyne as Anodyne was given healing powers and healed that damage. So a clone would not have that damage...but yes to the visor giving him better control...he should not need it or the glasses to control his powers...but uses the visor to give him better control.

Like wut?
    Scott walking out on Maddie and Nathan is it for me....sorry...but even though Jean came back he could either have taken them with him to NYC or (being generous here due to travel time between Alaska and NYC) been gone for 2 days to see Jean was alive, catch her up on what is going on and that he is married with a kid, and gone home to work out his issues with Maddie....either work it out or get a divorce.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They said for years...he got some brain damage as a kid from him and Alex jumping with one parachute and him smacking his head hard in the landing. and Madelyne as Anodyne was given healing powers and healed that damage. So a clone would not have that damage...but yes to the visor giving him better control...he should not need it or the glasses to control his powers...but uses the visor to give him better control.
    The brain damage from the plane fall was the reason for the longest time, but they sort of refined that back in Astonishing X-Men #24. Emma (who did some 'psychic counseling' with Scott for a time), uncovered that Scott's lack of control was psychological (from the general trauma of his childhood) rather than a physical one. She couldn't really help him through that, and presumably he would continue to carry that trauma over with him to his subsequent bodies.

Screenrant, a bit back, did a decent write-up for this very question.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-cyclops-eye-power-secrets/

That's at least the comic book reason, but to everyone's point, his visor is so iconic that it's ultimately editorial that will keep it on.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Scott walking out on Maddie and Nathan is it for me....sorry...but even though Jean came back he could either have taken them with him to NYC or (being generous here due to travel time between Alaska and NYC) been gone for 2 days to see Jean was alive, catch her up on what is going on and that he is married with a kid, and gone home to work out his issues with Maddie....either work it out or get a divorce.
    that's fine, but that was letting down us the readers, not the X-men themselves. That's where the article sorta blends lines and does things like this. It perpetuates the negatives of all of Scott which in turn sorta just gets you to focus on them instead of what the article is supposed to be aiming at. And then you get another "this is why cyclops is such a *Insert insult here*" Also he's the only X character who gets this many articles focusing on his negatives. I get he's polarizing but how many times do we need to know about him being a jerk because he wants his teammates (or in other cases his species) to stay alive?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    The brain damage from the plane fall was the reason for the longest time, but they sort of refined that back in Astonishing X-Men #24. Emma (who did some 'psychic counseling' with Scott for a time), uncovered that Scott's lack of control was psychological (from the general trauma of his childhood) rather than a physical one. She couldn't really help him through that, and presumably he would continue to carry that trauma over with him to his subsequent bodies.

Screenrant, a bit back, did a decent write-up for this very question.

https://screenrant.com/xmen-cyclops-eye-power-secrets/

That's at least the comic book reason, but to everyone's point, his visor is so iconic that it's ultimately editorial that will keep it on.
    My point is that when Madelyne had her healing powers she cured it...so this all or a sudden change years later as "it was a psychological issue" is one of those 'writers making up nonsense for their own story' things. I hate when they do that. That actually used to be the reason Ben Grimm could not change back...he psychologically blocked himself from doing it for some reason.

And like I said...I have no problem keeping the visor as it gives him better control of his powers than just his eyelids.

that's fine, but that was letting down us the readers, not the X-men themselves. That's where the article sorta blends lines and does things like this. It perpetuates the negatives of all of Scott which in turn sorta just gets you to focus on them instead of what the article is supposed to be aiming at. And then you get another "this is why cyclops is such a *Insert insult here*" Also he's the only X character who gets this many articles focusing on his negatives. I get he's polarizing but how many times do we need to know about him being a jerk because he wants his teammates (or in other cases his species) to stay alive?
    Again...'writers making up nonsense for their own story'...Scott is usually a pretty solid guy if usually a bit of a stiff...but it is there on the page....and unlike Hank Pym: Wife Beater...it is not an art mistake they did not have time to correct...it is a direction the writer chose to go with and we are stuck with it.

Now I don't hold Scott wholly responsible for Maddie's descent into the darkside...most of that is Sinister...but Scott does get some of the fault for his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I would find them humorous, too. But then I remember just how much blatant misinformation, half-truths, facts without context and outright lies the Internet is full of about Cyclops. I just think about some kid who might want to get into X-Men and then they get fed up all this crap and form an opinion based on that. The general audience's perspective of Cyclops is horribly skewed and I don't like this kind of articles perpetuating that.

It isn't just one article. Most of them are like that and very few fair ones.
    True, but I find the videos on the subject to be the worse culprits. There is one in particular that I can't help but continually shake my head from. The biggest exaggerations and points of denigration seem to always stem from Maddie, the affair, and Xavier's death. I can't help but wonder why? By this, I don't mean the criticism, but the need to let everyone else know and hate the character.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-27-2021 at 09:28 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia