Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1379

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They already have, Miles had a clone "saga".It wasn't much of a saga though.This would be the third time.
    I haven't followed Spider-Man in years, sounds like that was a good decision.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I know what you mean.... There's lots of room for weird hijinks with that type of concept.

Whatever it is/was has been pushed to the back for the time being. I'm fine with it staying there. Marvel doesn't seem to care about defining it, so it is what it is.

It's not a comparison, there will be a Captain Krakoa that Scott doesn't want on the team for unspecified reasons.

What would be a good timeline at this point? The bar is so low it's the ground we walk on.

I wouldn't put it past Percy to do something like that. Especially if it all washes away in the end with a reset.

Well, there's always room for optimism. Something good has to come our way eventually, right?
    I just don't want the poly thing to justify other shenanigans later.

Yeah, the bar is pretty low. I'm hanging on by a thread.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I haven't followed Spider-Man in years, sounds like that was a good decision.
    True.
    Spencer current run is cleaning Spider-history and retconning bad stuff like Sins Past and we have our last ultra sized issue next wednesday that seems to deal w/ OMD.It's good but very convoluted.
    Next run is Peter getting hurt and going into coma/recovery while Ben takes over.Multiple writers/artists BND style.It will likely be a very short run ending at 900.

I would say if maybe try to jump back in at 900, w/Peter MJ back and hopefully a decent creative team we might get a good run once all that is done w/.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-17-2021 at 02:04 PM.

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

baumblume

Alex Ross Wizard X-Men Spectacular
    Last edited by baumblume; 09-17-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

I think they have an open marriage, or Jean is allowed to do what she wants.Not sure how that works, hopefully they explain the how and why instead of ignoring it.
    No one's said anything about it being right, wrong or whatever in-verse. We're talking petty meta trolling, here.

And what's the comparison of Cyke and Cap. Krakoa that's going on?
    Just a theory that Captain Krakoa is the resurrected/improved/perfected dead Cyclops from HoX/PoX and that he'd join the team and try to take it the cosmic level because he's now a borderline hippie mutant Omega or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, there's always room for optimism. Something good has to come our way eventually, right?
    Is there? My guess is that Duggan having a godly/perfect/obviously-evil-in-the-waiting Cyke around would lead to some sort of reflection on what's the point of ascension/taking things to the cosmic level if you forget about the little folk. I get it, I get it, Cyclops becoming his own Maddie/Havok is funny. Ha ha ha. Still, kind of an odd choice of character for such a meta commentary given that the first thing Cyke did once he reached semi-godhood was to put mutantkind's happy ending on the backburner so he could fuss over everyone else, but, hey, whatever.

The problem is, given the x-office's track record of screwing over talent, events/line shutdowns that nobody asked for and plain old knee-jerk reactions, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Duggan's plans were abruptly aborted in favor of yet another crossover/event (because of course, lol) and whatever half-character-arc he'd written would just come off as awkward character abuse that basically went nowhere and would be fixed/undone in an embarrassingly unsatisfactory way for everyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Still, kind of an odd choice of character for such a meta commentary given that the first thing Cyke did once he reached semi-godhood was to put mutantkind's happy ending on the backburner so he could fuss over everyone else, but, hey, whatever.
    Do you think so? I see more as if Phoenixclops tried to fix humanity's problems and also fix the "No More Mutants" situation, but had the Avengers disturbing him

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Do you think so? I see more as if Phoenixclops tried to fix humanity's problems and also fix the "No More Mutants" situation, but had the Avengers disturbing him
    Not simultaneously, which was the entire point. The rekindling of mutantkind was obviously still an ongoing concern slash long term objective. Still, making world peace an actual thing and all that jazz ranked above making more mutants on his immediate 'To Do' list. Thus the 'backburner' comment.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I just don't want the poly thing to justify other shenanigans later.

Yeah, the bar is pretty low. I'm hanging on by a thread.
    I'm with you there. On both accounts.

Too many loose ends that could go badly.

Is there? My guess is that Duggan having a godly/perfect/obviously-evil-in-the-waiting Cyke around would lead to some sort of reflection on what's the point of ascension/taking things to the cosmic level if you forget about the little folk. I get it, I get it, Cyclops becoming his own Maddie/Havok is funny. Ha ha ha. Still, kind of an odd choice of character for such a meta commentary given that the first thing Cyke did once he reached semi-godhood was to put mutantkind's happy ending on the backburner so he could fuss over everyone else, but, hey, whatever.

The problem is, given the x-office's track record of screwing over talent, events/line shutdowns that nobody asked for and plain old knee-jerk reactions, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Duggan's plans were abruptly aborted in favor of yet another crossover/event (because of course, lol) and whatever half-character-arc he'd written would just come off as awkward character abuse that basically went nowhere and would be fixed/undone in an embarrassingly unsatisfactory way for everyone involved.
    Well, that does seem likely. Scott being used that way does seem like a possibility, especially if he really is the only one to have a problem with Captain Krakoa.

A change midway through the run wouldn't be surprising. Especially at this point in time.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-17-2021 at 10:44 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Captain-Krak-oh-who-am-I-kidding-Hey-look-Cyke-without-the-brain-damage-would've-been-an-Omega-level-energy-elemental-or-whatever-thank-you-Orchis-mad-scientist-dude will get more to do in a single issue than Cyke has since the beginning of the Hickman era.
    Wait, do we think CK is a Scott duplicate?
    Our prophet has spoken. Time for Clone!Clops to usurp Pod!Clops!

But in all seriousness, sounds like a whole load of meh, much like everything so far.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

baumblume

/Uncanny-X-Men 332

baumblume

Uncanny-X-Men 334