Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    He must've read what the writers have planned for him, lol.

Joke aside, how is that visor supposed to work in a combat situation? Or is it going to be like the X-visor?
    It either works like that, or it's just a ridiculously oversized set of sunglasses. Scott has made shades work in combat, although they are far from ideal.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It either works like that, or it's just a ridiculously oversized set of sunglasses. Scott has made shades work in combat, although they are far from ideal.
    If it really acts as a pair of sunglasses, that's going to be a bit awkward to move out of the way.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Cyke blocks Storm's lighting.

If it really acts as a pair of sunglasses, that's going to be a bit awkward to move out of the way.
    Looks like it might rotate up like a visor on a helmet. Sans helmet of course, but no one said fashion has to make sense.

If it is the same stuff as the X-hood, then there should be a short with Emma and Jumbo henpecking him over it - Emma for him ditching a better concept, Jumbo for the horrible fashion sense that it was wasted on.
    Dark does not mean deep.

So, what are the odds that Scott is dragged into the foreseeable mess within Krakoa? Or rather, how soon?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-26-2021 at 07:41 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

So, what are the odds that Scott is dragged into the foreseeable mess within Krakoa? Or rather, how soon?
    If the mess is as big as it looks like, all mutants will.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    True, that seems to be a guarantee, but I was mainly hoping for some clever responses alluding to Scott's bad luck.

It helps lower the sting of any possible disappointment, in a funny way. Well, at least at times. My jokes seem to fall flat on screens...
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-26-2021 at 08:03 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

But Cyclops will probably end up in whatever side is the wrong one, and will be blamed for it. Wolverine and Jean will be on the "right" side, Percy will make sure of it, after things calm down, Jean and Logan will be a couple and Cyclops will be the depressed, full of guilt ex-husband.
    And while, I would love to see Cyclops away from the whole triangle thing, the most likely is that Scott will be used as a side-character in Jean/Logan love story, to highlight just how better off she is with Wolverine.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 05-26-2021 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    But Cyclops will probably end up in whatever side is the wrong one, and will be blamed for it. Wolverine and Jean will be on the "right" side, Percy will make sure of it, after things calm down, Jean and Logan will be a couple and Cyclops will be the depressed, full of guilt ex-husband.
    And while, I would love to see Cyclops away from the whole triangle thing, the most likely is that Scott will be used as a side-character in Jean/Logan love story, to highlight just how better off she is with Wolverine.
    I wouldn't be so pessimistic, since that won't be Percy's call.

Fantastic Member

It should also be mentioned that Percy made Logan resentful of Scott's physical appearance.

Well, that's definitely an extreme direction they could go. As much as Percy may want to, I'm hopeful that it probably won't happen. Well, at least for the most part. That being said, it would be nice if Percy stopped using Cyclops in tiny cameos. It's not really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by v_jeovanne View Post
    It should also be mentioned that Percy made Logan resentful of Scott's physical appearance.
    Did he? When was this?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 05-26-2021 at 02:28 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

One of the few useful things I learned from the X-Men Mondays, is that characters with someone among the creative team to champion for them are better off. While Cyclops may or not be important to Hickman's overall plans, until Hickman needs him he doesn't care a lot to what is done with the characters, specially when it comes to the characters "personal life". We know that Wolverine have at the very least Percy on his side, Jean have people like Dauterman. Cyclops have no one.
    So, when it comes the time to choose who will be on the winning side of things, Percy will be there for Wolverine, Vita for Storm, Duggan for Rogue, Howard for Betsy, but Cyclops unless he is central to Hickaman's plans, he will be up for grabs in whatever story the other writers want to tell.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

You guys remember waaayyy back in late 2019 when I said Hickman's first X-Men issue came off as a shippy/trippy prelude to Inferno 2?

For the sake of fairness, I didn't think it would be about Moira/Chuck/Erik/Mystique/Emma game-of-throning each other over Maddie while the Summers-Grey would inevitably guest-star as murder victims or whatever. Oh well.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-26-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Cyke blocks Storm's lighting.

This was a good story.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.