Page 56 of 92 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

well today's issue of Maaurder pretty much confirms that spoilers:
    Emma isnt a part of whatever polyamory shenangians Scott/Jean/Logan have going on
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Haha, well I'm not surprised. Feel bad for those that wanted it, though. That being said, the sinister secret doesn't make any sense now. I'm starting to think it all might just be retconned as an affair at this point.

Although it does make me wonder why Cyke couldn't just be left out of it. Well, it is what it is.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-02-2021 at 03:20 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Emma isnt a part of whatever polyamory shenangians Scott/Jean/Logan have going on
    end of spoilers
    No, it doesn't.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    end of spoilers
    Me, grasping at straws: they could still be boning without a relationship.

Also, Emma might simply not be telling Kitty she's dating/sleeping with Scott, either because she doesn't want her to know or doesn't want to rub it in her face. It's not grasping at straws at all.

Im going by whats written on panel and on panel Emma is the one that denied things. Anything else is conjecture until stated otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Haha, well I'm not surprised. Feel bad for those that wanted it, though. That being said, the sinister secret doesn't make any sense now. I'm starting to think it all might just be retconned as an affair at this point.

Although it does make me wonder why Cyke couldn't just be left out of it. Well, it is what it is.
    Yeah, he really should've just been left alone to focus on dadventures if this is the direction we're going/maintaining. I don't get how this is good for either Scott or Jean, no matter where this ultimately goes.

I don't think I care what the situation is between Scott and Emma anymore, I just want Scott out of here.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Militantly Indifferent Kisinith's Avatar

Just to play devils advocate as I personally don't feel strongly about it either way, All Emma actually stated is that she's too busy for relationships. That doesn't preclude a "friends with benefits" arraignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    Just to play devils advocate as I personally don't feel strongly about it either way, All Emma actually stated is that she's too busy for relationships. That doesn't preclude a "friends with benefits" arraignment.
    Is that what some were hoping for, though? That seems like a step down from what some were anticipating. I mean, is a friend's with benefits situation something some will really be fine with? That seems like table scraps if I'm being honest. So far, it feels like the dynamic is being made up as things go along. Some of the details alluded to seem to conflict with what's shown.

To me it's a mess. It makes this thing confusing to me.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Is that what some were hoping for, though? That seems like a step down from what some were anticipating. I mean, is a friend's with benefits situation something some will really be fine with? That seems like table scraps if I'm being honest. So far, it feels like the dynamic is being made up as things go along. Some of the details alluded to seem to conflict with what's shown.

To me it's a mess. It makes this thing confusing to me.
    What's confusing is Hickman all but screamed a poly relationship, some writers have alluded to it (Percy, but also Jim Zub in the X-men/F4 mini), but Duggan doesn't seem to have any interest.

Meh. I already stopped buying XM at this point and this is just another reason not to.

Now I gotta wait for Spurrier to flex his skills on Scott again.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Why do many fans take things SO literally?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Cyclops's "How to Train Your Wolverine".
    Synch: "What do you mean, stand around and not fuss over the creep's feelings? How is that even a tact... What?"

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    But I do hope Scott shows up in Hellion's Gala issue.
    He didn't.

True, at least in theory. Although, if it's not on panel, some will always say it doesn't exist. Marvel themselves at times as well, lol.
    Cyclops' side of the "rectangle" being all hush-hush and discreet in a totally not-transparent bid to spare "Jean" and "Logan's" feelings was always part of the game.

So, anything important in these issues or are they more of a just for fun kind of deal?
    Nothing major.

The night's main event (statement via psychic fireworks, I guess?) had mutants stoked and everyone else upset. Nanny is awesome. Havok is still obsessing over Maddie. Nanny is awesome. The Hellions started a brawl. Nanny is awesome. Beast is a megalomaniac moron. Nanny is awesome. Emma would totally bang Captain America, but she reminds him of his mommy. Nanny is awesome. Oh, Deadpool showed up to pad out the Percy books' running time. Nanny. Is. Effin' Awesome.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    What's confusing is Hickman all but screamed a poly relationship, some writers have alluded to it (Percy, but also Jim Zub in the X-men/F4 mini)
    Poly arraignment/occasional hooks-up between Scott and Emma, sure. Relationship, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    but Duggan doesn't seem to have any interest.
    Well, he did establish they sometimes take days off on Emma's yacht. Fits the whole "Occasional hook-up away from prying eyes and thus not having to put up with [Redacted] throwing another borderline psychotic hissy fit" idea.

This. Not quite sure how this isn't *perfectly* in line with everything that's been shown so far.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 06-02-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Cyclops' side of the "rectangle" being all hush-hush and discreet in a totally not-transparent bid to spare "Jean" and "Logan's" feelings was always part of the game.

Nothing major.

The night's main event (statement via psychic fireworks, I guess?) had mutants stoked and everyone else upset. Nanny is awesome. Havok is still obsessing over Maddie. Nanny is awesome. The Hellions started a brawl. Nanny is awesome. Beast is a megalomaniac moron. Nanny is awesome. Emma would totally bang Captain America, but she reminds him of his mommy. Nanny is awesome. Oh, Deadpool showed up to pad out the Percy books' running time. Nanny. Is. Effin' Awesome.
    True. That is to be expected.

Hm, thanks, that's good to know. I'll probably continue to sit this event out and read Hellions later.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    This. Not quite sure how this isn't *perfectly* in line with everything that's been shown so far.
    I also find it interesting to consider that whether something is happening with Emma or not, nothing on the page is really gained or lost at this point.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia