Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    In what way? Creating her in the first place or where the story went?
    Creating her in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    I wish Claremont had concluded the story by revealing that Madelyne's resemblance to Jean was an illusion created by Mastermind: Wyngarde made Scott and the others see Jean's face when they looked at Maddie, and made Maddie see her own face when she looked at Jean's photo.
    Now, *this* works. Wyngarde doing the slowburn play to destroy the X-Men from the inside by playing on their PTSD of Jean's sacrifice is really good stuff.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    Well I have to admit I can't find it. I must be misremembering Maddie using her power on Scott.
    IIRC, she admitted to Jean during Inferno that she used on power on Scott so he would lose his bout with Storm for leadership of the X-Men.

I'll have to look it up after I get out of work. I'm rather sure it comes up in Inferno. As for Cyclops not owning up to his failings, that's the bulk of early X-Factor up to Inferno. I am not sure what else there really is to do after Cyke spent issue after issue lamenting his poor choices. Its not like he joined X-Factor and never spoke of her until Inferno, and then never again.
    Well I have to admit I can't find it. I must be misremembering Maddie using her power on Scott.
    You're probably thinking of Scott and Ororo's duel for leadership. This is what Maddie was actually thinking during the duel: (Uncanny X-Men #201, First Series):
    "I want Scott to lose, so he'll be coming with us--except losing will break his heart. Oh, why can't it be because he wants to, instead of because he has no other choice?"
    And this is the Goblin Queen's revisionist history version during Inferno (X-Factor #38, First Series):
    "The old leader versus the new. They fought before, you know…Cyclops…versus a powerless Storm. I waited nearby. I knew what was needed. Scott had to be humiliated, defeated, so that he would leave his beloved X-Men and cling only to me. I experienced the fight as a sort of day dream, in which she I got my heart’s desire. And then I learned that Storm had, indeed, won. I didn’t know till later that my nascent powers had awakened ... that I had influenced their battle and that the victory was really mine."
    (Quoted from memory, aided by https://uncannyxmen.net )

Yes, Madelyne may have been subconsciously influencing the duel, but I don't believe she was intentionally undermining Scott. All she needed for that was her tongue, her temper and the truth: that he had new responsibilities as a husband and new father.
    Last edited by Anodyne; 03-02-2021 at 08:53 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Amazing Member

Yea, its a mix of the duel with Storm and her commenting about how she felt Scott slipping away and thought the baby would keep him around. My fault, its been a bit since I read Inferno I'll admit.

https://twitter.com/richieterrones/s...792893952?s=21

Listen here!!!!!! Adam -X, Eve, Cain and Abel. The others “summers siblings”4B271E79-8A54-4245-A6AE-A1CE5D0351A9.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post

Listen here!!!!!! Adam -X, Eve, Cain and Abel. The others “summers siblings”4B271E79-8A54-4245-A6AE-A1CE5D0351A9.jpg
    Intriguing! Can't wait for the next issue.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Thanks for sharing! Was a fun listen.

I know fans have different feelings about this. I sincerely hope they lean into Fabian's initial treatment of those (Eve, Cain and Abel) characters in Age of Apocalypse where Adam was the only survivor from that lab. I enjoy the mythos of the Summers family, am happy Adam-X is getting his intended due, but am not campaigning for there to be other missing Summers siblings/family members all over the place. Plus I think it would dilute some of Adam's "special-ness" if he were just part of a brood vat (not only to Scott & Alex, but even to Erik the Red and the Crystal Claws who then would've just sought out Eve/Cain/Abel since Adam really wanted no part of the cult or their plan).

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    Man,what is with cbr and there yearly "Cyclops is really horrible" news pieces that take things out of context or just paint it one sided.

It's almost like they want cyclops fans mad and yelling at them. Blegh.

https://www.cbr.com/cyclops-let-down...el-comics/amp/

Like wut?
    Folks still mad at Scott for ruining the Schism/Make-the-X-Men-Great-Again era by turning it into an hilariously unintentional rom-com/horror movie. Oh well.

Anyway. Hickman's PCClops still as PC and non-controversial as ever? Finally gotten over the urge to punch XoS in the face, but I'm still in no hurry whatsoever to pick up an x-book.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Folks still mad at Scott for ruining the Schism/Make-the-X-Men-Great-Again era by turning it into an hilariously unintentional rom-com/horror movie. Oh well.

Anyway. Hickman's PCClops still as PC and non-controversial as ever? Finally gotten over the urge to punch XoS in the face, but I'm still in no hurry whatsoever to pick up an x-book.
    I dunno, Cyclops had little to do in XoS, but he most certainly made the most of it, probably giving one of his best defining moments since AvX by making the case for the existence of the X-Men themselves (and remarkably consistent with Whedon's Cyclops, too).

The gag is I didnt realize there werent X-men until Hickman said there wasnt in XOS

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    what's "PCClops"?

Anyway, I find that X-Factor and Hellions have been consistently good reads. Marauders and X-Force are inconsistent but have their moments.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I dunno, Cyclops had little to do in XoS, but he most certainly made the most of it, probably giving one of his best defining moments since AvX by making the case for the existence of the X-Men themselves (and remarkably consistent with Whedon's Cyclops, too).
    Scott and Jean basically staged a not-really-Coup against the not-really-wrong-in-this-instance-Council because Logan and Ororo are the worst freakin' teensitters ever. 'Whatever' pretty much sums my thoughts on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    what's "PCClops"?
    Politically Correct. Hickman's idea of fixing/redeeming the character was to basically strip the character of all his likable/unlikable traits.

CouldnotpossiblyoffendanyoneeverClops just didn't have much of a ring to it.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 03-03-2021 at 11:59 AM.

I knew the people at Comicsxf were making amazing content, but this was really great.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Really great stuff, some very good points.