Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 408086878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1379
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    So what happened with Captain Krakoa crap? Or has he not debuted yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Not yet, and likely not on Wednesday either, unless it's a final page stinger.
    My money's on Captain Krakoa saving Scott/Laura at the last minute while they're babysitting the treehouse as punishment for ruining Laura's big moment. Not a diss on Lorna. I'm just kind of assuming she'll spend a solid portion of the issue talking about herself (refer to the last issue) and that Laura's freakout and Scott's subsequent "You should've picked the Light Side/Paragon option!" whining will ruin the mood.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    My money's on Captain Krakoa saving Scott/Laura at the last minute while they're babysitting the treehouse as punishment for ruining Laura's big moment. Not a diss on Lorna. I'm just kind of assuming she'll spend a solid portion of the issue talking about herself (refer to the last issue) and that Laura's freakout and Scott's subsequent "You should've picked the Light Side/Paragon option!" whining will ruin the mood.
    If Captain Krakoa is a separate character, then Scott seems to have problems with Captains.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    If Captain Krakoa is a separate character, then Scott seems to have problems with Captains.
    Still thinking the good captain is HoX/PoX's dead Cyclops merged with cybernetics and Krakoan flora. Duggan's gotta be gunning for the "Cyclops hating on himself" thingy, right?

Still thinking the good captain is HoX/PoX's dead Cyclops merged with cybernetics and Krakoan flora. Duggan's gotta be gunning for the "Cyclops hating on himself" thingy, right?
    Guess Scott also has it out for himself in whatever form. Past, present, or undead.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I’ve been saying this since hox/pox

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I still think it would be pathetically bad writing for it to be anyone other than Cyclops himself, taking over as X-men leader's and Krakoa's main symbol, but after X-men Green, I learned to only expect the worst from Duggan.

Quote Originally Posted by gucle View Post
    what about getting rid of that mental block? and give his power control ability more fineness. so he can choose angle , wide range , and output. At least he got to use both hands more freely. just imagine cyke locks both hands with a enemy , then fire up a full-powered beam at zero range...

And jean's boobies don't have to always look red anymore
    Back when Jean was resurrected, she showed that she can stop his optic blasts (Phoenix Resurrection#5), meaning that if she wants too, he won't be seeing red boobs.

spoilers:
    It also means he knows if she's a natural redhead or not
    end of spoilers

But yeah, as pointed out, the mental block was gone and he could control it after Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, but that was ignored afterwards.

also he could have the visor tweaked by forge : larger view space; instead simple on/off , it can have various support functions: thermal vision,night vision,telescope ... with statics, helping him further fine tone his power. for example, sniping down a fly's wing 300m alway without killing it ...

I think these things are achievable in krakoa now : Cyke’s mature enough,with jean's help it shouldn't be a big problem ; techwise should be even easier . And it wouldn't be op.

what do you think , guys?
    The visor having more functions than just holding the optic blast sounds nice.

Him being able to actually control his optic blasts could work but, I doubt Marvel would let that happen for long, it's too iconic.

The iconography is the visor itself, not necessarily the reason he's wearing it. They could easily say he started wearing it because he couldn't control his powers but wears it today while fully in control because it helps achieve various different effects and has other functionality built into it.

I just read UXM 167. Its going in my best single issue folder. Its a short folder but the issue had some great Scott.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I’ve been saying this since hox/pox
    You have indeed been bringing it up since HoX/PoX. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I still think it would be pathetically bad writing for it to be anyone other than Cyclops himself, taking over as X-men leader's and Krakoa's main symbol, but after X-men Green, I learned to only expect the worst from Duggan.
    Once again, I'm fairly certain that the whole thing sucking big time for Cyke is kind of the whole point.

You have indeed been bringing it up since HoX/PoX. Good call.

Once again, I'm fairly certain that the whole thing sucking big time for Cyke is kind of the whole point.

Thank you ��

Scott in the ilusion/vision of Tony Stark in today's Iron Man #14Iron Man (2020.jpg

Well, I was wrong. We didn't even get any kind of Lorna/Laura debate and the Dr. Stasis plot is unfolding at a significantly slower pace than expected, so no proper second/third takedowns. For the sake of fairness, Scott pretty much just stood there while Uric made his big boy ultimatum.

I know we've discussed the possibility of Captain Krakoa being the X-Men's PR countermove to either Urich publishing his article or Scott getting killed publicly, but... I dunno. At this point, I'm sort of expecting half of next issue to be a glorified staff meeting during which Duggan rewrites/downplays the X-Men's screwing over of Cyke in the 2010s.

Well, I was wrong. We didn't even get any kind of Lorna/Laura debate and the Dr. Stasis plot is unfolding at a significantly slower pace than expected, so no proper second/third takedowns. For the sake of fairness, Scott pretty much just stood there while Uric made his big boy ultimatum.

I know we've discussed the possibility of Captain Krakoa being the X-Men's PR countermove to either Urich publishing his article or Scott getting killed publicly, but... I dunno. At this point, I'm sort of expecting half of next issue to be a glorified staff meeting during which Duggan rewrites/downplays the X-Men's screwing over of Cyke in the 2010s.
    Scott is stuck with a very slow plot line. I hope it pays off in some way.

However, considering his characterization so far...I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    Scott in the ilusion/vision of Tony Stark in today's Iron Man #14Iron Man (2020.jpg
    I can't say I'm a fan of that design.

That aside, thanks for the post.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 11-25-2021 at 04:13 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Scott is stuck with a very slow plot line. I hope it pays off in some way.

However, considering his characterization so far...I don't know.
    Next month: Scott gets nagged/guilt-tripped/coerced into being replaced/becoming the Swamp Thing. Stay tuned!