Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Interesting interpretation. I don't necessarily agree with it, but this is an interesting breakdown.

Well, now that you mention it, his interaction with Hordeculture went down a similar path. Scott's adventures seem to always end poorly for him these days.

On a side note, with a hit that hard to his head, he should have a subdural hematoma or a concussion.
    His lack of control begins with a concussion on the head or the fact that he had to live with a subdural hematoma all along and it was overlooked. He is the only character who never had a chance to show his full potential as a mutant. Although he became a confident and outspoken man overtime due to overcoming his trauma with Emma's therapies, he was never able to control his powers. Even more, he was shown many times that he is capable of great destruction with his blasts but unable to display his blasts to its fullest extent. Thus it can be concluded that he has some kind of damage for all we know, but it was never overlooked as his personality and character development due to facing his psychological issues and how he was never able to heal his physical injuries with doctors like Nemesis and McCoy as well as healers like Elixr as part of the team.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Never thought about that color analysis, does seem to make sense.
    I do think that using the X-factor costume is more about fulfilling something that was more said than done, that the costumes are going to be treated more like clothes, it's a part of building a distinct mutant culture, so him wearing his old costume is like using different clothes to go to work.

Also, he is using his second X-factor costume, which he started using after Apocalypse, in that time things were much better than when he used his first X-factor costume, his mental health problems weren't as central to his character at that point and it was one of the better parts of his life, raising Cable as a baby, the good times ended with that costume being destroyed in X-factor 60 (which has an image where they use the same resource they used with Cyclops and Rachel in X-men/Alpha flight where they both are drawn with the same chin, in this one Cyclops and Cable are drawn with the same chin in an image where they are side to side giving orders to their respective teams) and the worst parts of the X-factor era, with him losing Cable happened with the third X-force costume (4th arguably, during the X-tinction agenda he uses his 2nd costume but without the headgear, that is my favorite costume)
    I agree with you and I have forgotten to mention that sometimes he looks insecure and troubled whenever he wears his gold visor.

I have no idea how anyone could read X of Swords and try to pretend Hickman doesn't like Cyclops or hasn't featured him enough

Extraordinary Member

Cyclops has way more going on than Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I have no idea how anyone could read X of Swords and try to pretend Hickman doesn't like Cyclops or hasn't featured him enough
    Hickman has said in interviews that’s cyclops is his favorite character

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Yet he nerfed him in the last issue. He was interested in changing Scott's sexual orientation and family matters, he completely forgot that Scott is an MMA with the genius mind of a keen military and political strategist. Unless he wants to finish what Whedon wanted to do all along, make Cyclops finally control his powers, I wouldn't accept his latest treatment. For every one of Scott's new and important moments, Jean was there and the comics proved that Scott works better when he was in charge and not restrained by someone else.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

No, someone asked what were his top 5 characters and he said Magneto, Emma, Sinister, Sunspot, Cannonball and Monet.

I think I read somewhere that he prefers Scott to Logan, but Scott isn't in his top five

Screen Rant just published an article about x-couples
    I was so expecting to see Scott's bashing that I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was none at all (Scemma was even recognized as a healthy relationship despite its problematic start)

BANNED

The biggest issue is that his plans to Cyclops seem to be a looooong game and might not have the expected payoff.

The two antagonists Hickman introduced at first, and the current biggest threats aside from the Children of the Vault, are Killian Devo and Alia Gregor, who are both dark mirrors of some of Scott's traits. Devo was born blind, became able to see thanks to tech through his own efforts; Scott was born seeing, had to shut his eyes thanks to his powers and was able to see the world again thanks to Xavier. Gregor lost the person she loved the most after the rise of Krakoa, Cyclops got everyone he loved together and safe thanks to the rise of Krakoa. The juxtaposition is intentional and Hickman's text never shied away from that.

But seeing as Scott seems to have months of not doing anything relevant and then acting, I can understand why my fellow Scott fans would be worried that he'll never get an actual arc, aside from some moments here and there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The biggest issue is that his plans to Cyclops seem to be a looooong game and might not have the expected payoff.

The two antagonists Hickman introduced at first, and the current biggest threats aside from the Children of the Vault, are Killian Devo and Alia Gregor, who are both dark mirrors of some of Scott's traits. Devo was born blind, became able to see thanks to tech through his own efforts; Scott was born seeing, had to shut his eyes thanks to his powers and was able to see the world again thanks to Xavier. Gregor lost the person she loved the most after the rise of Krakoa, Cyclops got everyone he loved together and safe thanks to the rise of Krakoa. The juxtaposition is intentional and Hickman's text never shied away from that.

But seeing as Scott seems to have months of not doing anything relevant and then acting, I can understand why my fellow Scott fans would be worried that he'll never get an actual arc, aside from some moments here and there.
    But those "moments here and there" are probably some of the best Scott's been written since the utopia days. I empathize with the frustration I really do but fans have a tendency to become hyperbolic when they feel like their favorite character isn't getting their due.

But like I guess I can wait. Hickman hasn't mishandled him yet he just hasn't given him a definitive story arc yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I think I read somewhere that he prefers Scott to Logan, but Scott isn't in his top five
    Oh no there’s a video from years back of him saying cyclops is his favorite

Currently, cyke and Jean work better apart. They keep forcing this adolescent love and forget his leadership skills.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post

Pretty much. As of now, there really isn't anything with Cyclops that is motivating me to buy each month's issue. The writing isn't necessarily terrible, there's just not much there.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Currently, cyke and Jean work better apart. They keep forcing this adolescent love and forget his leadership skills.
    Cyclops hasn't really used his strategic/leadership abilities during most of this era. I'm not sure I'd blame Jean for that. I honestly haven't noticed an impact on his writing when she's around. As for Jean, Hickman just seems to write her a certain way. I'm not sure I'd blame Scott for that either. While the most recent issue definitely left her panicked, I feel that's more of the result of Hickman needing storm to defeat the villain, and him keeping Jean and Scott out of it. The real test will be when the team is assembled. As of now, they seem to be playing second fiddle to others.

All things considered, they were written well in the X of Swords event. Hopefully that continues with them having more to do this time.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-01-2021 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Misnamed comic event
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Oh really? Scott was barely in that till the very end and doesnt really do much there. XOS was not a showcase of Cyclops as Captain Commander

yeah well Kitty was Guggs' favorite character and he ruined her