Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So, the team having been revealed, any expectations for how Scott might interact with them? I'm honestly not sure what to expect considering Scott's bad history with some of them at times.
    Scott and Jean occasionally guest-starring as the team's boring soccer dad and soccer mom?

Also, is there really anything significant for Scott at the Gala at this point? It seems all skippable considering it would have been his and Jean's team reveal.
    Accidentally almost brushing shoulders with a woman without his wife's, his boyfriend's and his girlfriend's written permission, thus ushering a nationwide riot?
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 04-19-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm really not optmistic about this book, Bishop, Iceman and Pyro fans have been complaining for a long time that those characters are in Marauders just as background in Kitty and Emma's story guest-starring Storm. My fear is that Cyclops will end up in the same situation, what we got with the character in Cable was better than in X-Men, but Scott didn't do anything in that book, he ate sandwich, and was in the role of a sitcon main character's dad.
    Something tells me we'll end up with a Claremontian Cyclops, the boring guy barking orders his team don't listen and getting in the way of them having fun. Honestly, it will not surprise me if Cyclops end up kicked out of the leadership role.

Yes, I'm pessimistic.
    I get the negative view, but Duggan did a better job with team dynamics in his uncanny avengers run so there is hope he handles things better in the main book.

I don't know how much character development we can expect for Scott in this book though, I imagine he'll just explain missions and plan strategies while most of the other characters get important dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I get the negative view, but Duggan did a better job with team dynamics in his uncanny avengers run so there is hope he handles things better in the main book.
    Wolverine/Rogue/Jean/Scott will toootally be the new Kitty/Emma/Storm/Bishop. Can't really come up with a proper analogy for Lorna since Marauders didn't have to deal with the whole 'let's pretend the vote wasn't rigged/the writing totally wasn't on the wall thingy'.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't know how much character development we can expect for Scott in this book though, I imagine he'll just explain missions and plan strategies while most of the other characters get important dialogue.
    "Cheating" on Jean/Logan/Emma. Off-panel. The drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I'm really not optmistic about this book, Bishop, Iceman and Pyro fans have been complaining for a long time that those characters are in Marauders just as background in Kitty and Emma's story guest-starring Storm. My fear is that Cyclops will end up in the same situation, what we got with the character in Cable was better than in X-Men, but Scott didn't do anything in that book, he ate sandwich, and was in the role of a sitcon main character's dad.
    Something tells me we'll end up with a Claremontian Cyclops, the boring guy barking orders his team don't listen and getting in the way of them having fun. Honestly, it will not surprise me if Cyclops end up kicked out of the leadership role.

Yes, I'm pessimistic.
    Scott and Jean are the leaders of this book. Alot of it will be told from their perspective nad Duggan has already shown that he can write them well. He obviously loves Rogue and Sunfire seemed like a given to me since he had him in UA. If anything fans of Polaris, Synch and Lorna should be more worried. I think Scott will be fine

I definitely think Cyclops will be just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Scott and Jean are the leaders of this book. Alot of it will be told from their perspective nad Duggan has already shown that he can write them well. He obviously loves Rogue and Sunfire seemed like a given to me since he had him in UA. If anything fans of Polaris, Synch and Lorna should be more worried. I think Scott will be fine
    Eh, it's easy to run PR and say one thing but the proof will be in the book itself. I hope you're right.

Have we at all addressed the fact that Scott has regressed in his relationship with Xavier, back to when Xavier was calling all of the shots and Scott simply followed? Sure, he was the Captain-Commander but that never really manifested in the books in any significant way.

I really hope this X-Men team is truly separate from Krakoa and the QC, Scott doesn't need to be opposed to Xavier but this turn is disappointing after all the development he's had (and not just the RightClops stuff).
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Scott and Jean occasionally guest-starring as the team's boring soccer dad and soccer mom?
    Pretty much this. Methinks Scott and Jean-- moreso Scott-- are just there to make it seem like an X-Book rather than because of plot reasons.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I know it's old news but I reread the Marvel Snapshots Cyclops book and man, I'd love to see more of that. I had friends, who don't read comics and only know X-Men through the Fox films, read it and love it. Has Jay Edidin been commended for their work? They deserve plenty of praise (Tom Reilly too of course).
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I know it's old news but I reread the Marvel Snapshots Cyclops book and man, I'd love to see more of that. I had friends, who don't read comics and only know X-Men through the Fox films, read it and love it. Has Jay Edidin been commended for their work? They deserve plenty of praise (Tom Reilly too of course).
    Yeah, he talked about it on his podcast closer to when it was released

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah, he talked about it on his podcast closer to when it was released
    Cool, I'm glad fans showed the creative team some love.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Pretty much this. Methinks Scott and Jean-- moreso Scott-- are just there to make it seem like an X-Book rather than because of plot reasons.
    You know what, I've finally managed to sift through/stomach the "New Roster" thread, and all of a sudden, I'm totally cool with Cyke stepping back just, lol. Just have the guy run schedules/briefings, shoot the occasional optic blast, get his smashed in so Jean can him or whatever, leave for/return from his dates with Logan and it would be a step up from dealing with the 'Marauders vol. 2/We never asked for a freakin' The Vow' drama.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    You know what, I've finally managed to sift through/stomach the "New Roster" thread, and all of a sudden, I'm totally cool with Cyke stepping back just, lol. Just have the guy run schedules/briefings, shoot the occasional optic blast, get his smashed in so Jean can him or whatever, leave for/return from his dates with Logan and it would be a step up from dealing with the 'Marauders vol. 2/We never asked for a freakin' The Vow' drama.
    Probably. The last thing I want is Scott in drama, specifically with two characters in particular.

That being said, anyone else feel as if Percy has a thing against Scott. I would prefer at this point that he would avoid using him in any way. Might just be me, but at this point I don't think so.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Probably. The last thing I want is Scott in drama, specifically with two characters in particular.

That being said, anyone else feel as if Percy has a thing against Scott. I would prefer at this point that he would avoid using him in any way. Might just be me, but at this point I don't think so.
    What makes you say that?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Well, for a character that really doesn't need to be in the books he writes, he seems to have a reoccurring role. One that isn't too flattering. I might be overthinking it, but there seems to be a trend with his appearances.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

Well, for a character that really doesn't need to be in the books he writes, he seems to have a reoccurring role. One that isn't too flattering. I might be overthinking it, but there seems to be a trend with his appearances.
    Honestly other than this most recent appearance I can't really remember Cyclops showing up in Xforce lol