Page 58 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

Scott finds Logan and Jean passed out from drinking and decides to ditch them to hang out with Magic(His best friend), Kwannon(New Captain Teammate), and Bishop(And the rest).
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Russell Dauterman did an awesome X-Men 01 "card" variant featuring Scott. And...it is AWESOME!!!
    Found it in the art teases thread.
    https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...51340713107456

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Russell Dauterman did an awesome X-Men 01 "card" variant featuring Scott. And...it is AWESOME!!!
    Looks great, but I'm kinda concerned about the guy dropping 20 lbs since his last weight-check. I could've bought it up during the his depressed/trainwreck Bendis era, but this just feels arbitrarily off. Just pick a weight class and run with it, Marvel, lol. It really, really shouldn't be difficult. Like, at all. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    True, depending on where this goes, it could be especially damaging to Jean.
    Red's practically a Tales of the Crypt villain when it comes to the polyamory-related social cues that would have folks going "Huh? WTF's his/her problem?" in real life, lol.

That all aside... so the new teaser. I'm not sure there's really anything to speculate with Scott
    I gotta say, I can't help but notice the Summers-Grey seem to intentionally never be paired off on any cover apart from the mandatory X-Men's #1 photo shoot. Very, very upsetting.

but does anyone else have anything?
    This. Is. Aaawesome. This should become the Summers-Grey's fastball special. Whenever Red's upset at Scott for "cheating" on her, she just TKs the crap out of him at the opposition.

Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 06-04-2021 at 08:54 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott finds Logan and Jean passed out from drinking and decides to ditch them to hang out with Magic(His best friend), Kwannon(New Captain Teammate), and Bishop(And the rest).
    It would be nice if the captains finally had a chance to shine. Considering Hickman kept Scott as Captain Commander, hopefully he has an idea for the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Looks great, but I'm kinda concerned about the guy dropping 20 lbs since his last weight-check. I could've bought it up during the his depressed/trainwreck Bendis era, but this just feels arbitrarily off. Just pick a weight class and run with it, Marvel, lol. It really, really shouldn't be difficult. Like, at all. Oh well.

Red's practically a Tales of the Crypt villain when it comes to the polyamory-related social cues that would have folks going "Huh? WTF's his/her problem?" in real life, lol.

I gotta say, I can't help but notice the Summers-Grey seem to intentionally never be paired off on any cover apart from the mandatory X-Men's #1 photo shoot. Very, very upsetting.

This. Is. Aaawesome. This should become the Summers-Grey's fastball special. Whenever Red's upset at Scott for "cheating" on her, she just TKs the crap out of him at the opposition.

Huh, he really did lose 20 lbs.

True, the mixed intentions don't serve her well and that is a interesting observation. Then again it's up to the artists. Wonder if that means anything, lol.

As for the pic, yeah. Hopefully there are interesting power combinations. Something about Jean's expression there is just funny all around. These covers tend to be my favorites anyways, lol.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-05-2021 at 10:45 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member

True, depending on where this goes, it could be especially damaging to Jean.

Thanks for the heads up.

That all aside... so the new teaser. I'm not sure there's really anything to speculate with Scott, but does anyone else have anything?
    Still sucks for those that didn't want Logan anywhere near Scott's relationships.

Speakin of, Scott's New Xmen is in July or August?
    It's not "Scott's" relationship. That's the point with healthy relationships neither partner "owns" the other.

I do wish we got more Scott and Emma scenes though. Ben Percy I've been doing the heavy lifting with Jean / Logan and Hickman has hinted at sexual tension between Logan and Scott.

I think we'll definitely be seeing more Scott and Emma scenes in future though. Duggan is writing both character's now so it'll be fun to see how he handles the poly situation.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's not "Scott's" relationship. That's the point with healthy relationships neither partner "owns" the other.

I do wish we got more Scott and Emma scenes though. Ben Percy I've been doing the heavy lifting with Jean / Logan and Hickman has hinted at sexual tension between Logan and Scott.

I think we'll definitely be seeing more Scott and Emma scenes in future though. Duggan is writing both character's now so it'll be fun to see how he handles the poly situation.
    Well considering how he phrased it, it's "Scott's" as in it directly relates to him and is his. Not Jean, but his relations to others in general.

I think some fans would've preferred Logan away from anything Scott in particular. Writers tend to add unnecessary drama or tension between them. They don't get a long for numerous reasons beyond their feelings for Jean. Honestly, if I'm remembering correctly, fighting over Jean is a relatively recent tension that mainly came after her death. Something that the current setup glossed over. I think it's also odd that Scott and Logan made up and are bonding but Jean and Emma mostly tolerate one another. I don't think Jean would ever invite Emma to a family trip.

That being said, some like it, others don't, to each their own. How some interpret the writing is also another thing but that's a different conversation. I'd also add that Percy might be doing "heavy lifting", but he's also adding in the parts of the love triangle no one really liked. In this case, mainly fans of Scott.

I get the feeling some are probably annoyed by discussing this subject in this thread, so I'll leave my thoughts there.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-06-2021 at 01:43 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Amazing Member

Default Things I found interesting for reading

Hey guys, you should try reading these two articles. It pretty much summarised why Scotty is one of those guys who are closer to the readers.

https://www.mentalxhaustion.com/blog...the-best-x-man
    https://mattreadscomics.com/2020/03/...ops-best-xman/

Huh, he really did lose 20 lbs.
    Funniest thing, Cyke is totally drawn like a 6'3 190-200 lbs dude on that image. It's like "Wait, you *finally* got the proportions right, the dude totally looks like a kinda hulkish soccer player, just leave it at th... Oh, nevermind."

True, the mixed intentions don't serve her well and that is a interesting observation. Then again it's up to the artists. Wonder if that means anything, lol.
    That's two variant covers already in which Jean is front and center while Lorna/Scott and Laura/Everett are paired off on the sides, lol.

As for the pic, yeah. Hopefully there are interesting power combinations. Something about Jean's expression there is just funny all around. These covers tend to be my favorites anyways, lol.
    Told you, it's the Summers-Grey "How Dare You Do This To Me, Scott" Fastball Special. For added hilarity, imagine Baby Cyke screaming "Jeeeeeaaaaannnnnn!"

Exactly. Ownership not healthy.

Man, that panel look like it's straight out of a horror movie. You can tootally feel the lights dimming and the ominous score kicking in, lol.

I've got a feeling most Scott/Emma fans still out there are pretty much thinking the almost absolute exact opposite after this week's Marauders, but the rollout has been cartoonishly one-sided so far, so yeah, odds are we'll definitely see more on the Scott front of the polyamorous dynamic.

That's just semantics, no one thought that's what AJpyro meant. Also, ownership-mentality is definitely wrong, but it's healthy in a relationship to understand that it's a mutual belonging to each other.

The poly situation should just stop, not grow. I'm not coming from it thinking "Why doesn't Scott have a sidepiece?", I don't like this at all.

Well considering how he phrased it, it's "Scott's" as in it directly relates to him and is his. Not Jean, but his relations to others in general.

I think some fans would've preferred Logan away from anything Scott in particular. Writers tend to add unnecessary drama or tension between them. They don't get a long for numerous reasons beyond their feelings for Jean. Honestly, if I'm remembering correctly, fighting over Jean is a relatively recent tension that mainly came after her death. Something that the current setup glossed over. I think it's also odd that Scott and Logan made up and are bonding but Jean and Emma mostly tolerate one another. I don't think Jean would ever invite Emma to a family trip.

That being said, some like it, others don't, to each their own. How some interpret the writing is also another thing but that's a different conversation. I'd also add that Percy might be doing "heavy lifting", but he's also adding in the parts of the love triangle no one really liked. In this case, mainly fans of Scott.

I get the feeling some are probably annoyed by discussing this subject in this thread, so I'll leave my thoughts there.
    Yeah, fully agree.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Exactly. Ownership not healthy.

Man, that panel look like it's straight out of a horror movie. You can tootally feel the lights dimming and the ominous score kicking in, lol.

I've got a feeling most Scott/Emma fans still out there are pretty much thinking the almost absolute exact opposite after this week's Marauders, but the rollout has been cartoonishly one-sided so far, so yeah, odds are we'll definitely see more on the Scott front of the polyamorous dynamic.
    Why has Jean been written like this? Yikes.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Hickman is not too great writing women.

Also I'm just forever Salty on Schism and would just like both parties to not hang around each other much. Even less be in a relationship.

I know stuff's been glossed over but its not changing my view of Logan anytime soon.

Plus Scott just needs new friends in general.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Also I'm just forever Salty on Schism and would just like both parties to not hang around each other much. Even less be in a relationship.

I know stuff's been glossed over but its not changing my view of Logan anytime soon.

I really miss his friendship with Beast (and I miss even worse the old beast before he became essentially just Dark Beast but with an even bigger ego).
    I wish Scott could be a part of a book like X-factor, fewer stakes and not advancing any huge plot but with a lot of downtimes to explore his personal relationships. At least X-men did explore his relationship with his kids

Yeah, it's unfortunate, but there won't be justice for the nonsense Marvel pulled for years.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.