Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Holy hell, that conversation with [Redacted] was trippy as all hell. Can't wait for Scott to find out the flawed, but ultimately cool prophet dude rewrote, like, half of his life because he needed someone to run schedules and suicide missions, lol.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

So, anything of importance/interest this week aside from, well, the spoiler posted in this thread?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    So, anything of importance/interest this week aside from, well, the spoiler posted in this thread?
    Minor familial/relationship status updates, I guess?

Scott and Jean pretended to be a couple for like ten seconds. Meg... I mean, Rachel's agent told her securing a spot on the worst x-book out there was a good career move, which means Scott and Jean won't have to put up with her randomly crashing their reality TV sh... I mean, super important heroic feel-good team.

So the book closes with a whimper?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If you had any doubts about what the future of Cyclops could be in the MCU, this week's X-Men is a good read.
    Is... that good news or bad news? I don't plan to pick up this week's issue since it's most likely just gonna be more of Hickman's editor-speak / phoning it in again rather than actual characterization, so...
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Is... that good news or bad news? I don't plan to pick up this week's issue since it's most likely just gonna be more of Hickman's editor-speak / phoning it in again rather than actual characterization, so...
    It's basically some guy asking Scott "So, what's your story?" and getting it summed up. Except the guy is Kevin Feige, complete with the hat.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    It's basically some guy asking Scott "So, what's your story?" and getting it summed up. Except the guy is Kevin Feige, complete with the hat.

...I guess that's one way to get Feige to read the X-Books.

Kinda curious about what Cyke replied, but methinks Fluffster's summed it up nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Holy hell, that conversation with [Redacted] was trippy as all hell. Can't wait for Scott to find out the flawed, but ultimately cool prophet dude rewrote, like, half of his life because he needed someone to run schedules and suicide missions, lol.
    Less about Cyke's actual story, and more jerking the jerk, I presume.

...how high was Cyke this issue? Lordy, those Krakkoan fumes...!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

...I guess that's one way to get Feige to read the X-Books.

Kinda curious about what Cyke replied, but methinks Fluffster's summed it up nicely:

Less about Cyke's actual story, and more jerking the jerk, I presume.

...how high was Cyke this issue? Lordy, those Krakkoan fumes...!
    I'd hope that when the X-Men make it to the MCU, that Cyclops doesn't have the majority of his scenes removed or minimized in the edit. They actually did film stuff for him in the FoX-Men films, but most of it was left on the cutting room floor. No one was treated worse than Scott in the edits until the post First Class reboot. Then Jubilee "wins" first place.

Although Singer never read a comic either, and refused to allow anyone on set to read one as well. If Feige at least allows the people writing and directing the film to be versed in the comics lore it's a step forward even if he personally has never seen the inside of a comic book.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 06-10-2021 at 04:35 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Wow, that's terrible.

I'd hope that when the X-Men make it to the MCU, that Cyclops doesn't have the majority of his scenes removed or minimized in the edit. They actually did film stuff for him in the FoX-Men films, but most of it was left on the cutting room floor. No one was treated worse than Scott in the edits until the post First Class reboot. Then Jubilee "wins" first place.

Although Singer never read a comic either, and refused to allow anyone on set to read one as well. If Feige at least allows the people writing and directing the film to be versed in the comics lore it's a step forward even if he personally has never seen the inside of a comic book.
    You'd think reading the source material would be the first thing anyone would do. Good grief...
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Minor familial/relationship status updates, I guess?

Scott and Jean pretended to be a couple for like ten seconds. Meg... I mean, Rachel's agent told her securing a spot on the worst x-book out there was a good career move, which means Scott and Jean won't have to put up with her randomly crashing their reality TV sh... I mean, super important heroic feel-good team.
    Hm, good to know. I'm guessing Planet-sized is going to have the most significant plot in this event.

That being said, having dipped into other threads,

spoilers:
    anyone think sinister secret #59 might have something to do with Scott? The "hero do-gooder" part makes me think of Scott and his position as captain commander. Others seem to speculate Magneto, but I'm not sure I'd call him a hero or do-gooder.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-12-2021 at 03:14 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Hm, good to know. I'm guessing Planet-sized is going to have the most significant plot in this event.

That being said, having dipped into other threads,

spoilers:
    anyone think sinister secret #59 might have something to do with Scott? The "hero do-gooder" part makes me think of Scott and his position as captain commander. Others seem to speculate Magneto, but I'm not sure I'd call him a hero or do-gooder.
    end of spoilers
    So the X-Men will eventually butt heads with Krakoa, right? Schism II?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    So the book closes with a whimper?
    In relation to Cyclops, imo, the book was never more than a whimper, or a series of whimpers. All the major stuff was about some other character, Mystique, Synch, Storm, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    In relation to Cyclops, imo, the book was never more than a whimper, or a series of whimpers. All the major stuff was about some other character, Mystique, Synch, Storm, etc.
    Yeah, I won't let go that the solicit for the first issue promised the Saga of Scott Summers and we got none of that.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Mighty Member

Yeah, I won't let go that the solicit for the first issue promised the Saga of Scott Summers and we got none of that.
    False marketing campaign, thy name is Marvel Comics Solicitations!

"There's a sucker born every minute" - Marvel Comics, probably.

But yeah-- I've learned not to trust the solicits since BMB's run. Especially when its with regards to Cyke.
    Let your wallet talk.

So the X-Men will eventually butt heads with Krakoa, right? Schism II?
    It certainly seems that way. At this point, it's up in the air. The bigger question is what will the sides be and which one will Scott pick?

False marketing campaign, thy name is Marvel Comics Solicitations!

"There's a sucker born every minute" - Marvel Comics, probably.

But yeah-- I've learned not to trust the solicits since BMB's run. Especially when its with regards to Cyke.
    Yeah, the covers are even more infamous for being deceitful.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia