Page 41 of 92 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I see Scott playing games like Civilization or Total War. Maybe Among Us.

What about music? I guess I picture him enjoying some soft rock, like a typical daddy millennial. Not N'Sync lol.
    For games, I can almost see Scott enjoying chess variants from around the world. Guy probably knows how to play Shogi, for example.

For music, I bet he likes protest rock - probably likes Rise Against for the band name alone. He probably also likes stuff that is secretly innovative or surprisingly difficult to play (Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits, for example is a surprisingly hard song to play on the guitar, as it involves rapid changes in position of both hands all across the instrument).
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Her drama was wanting to be liked despite being seen as perfect. She is compassionate towards people less fortunate and feels their pain. I find her more interesting at difficult times.

Scott Summers is someone easier to relate: with all his insecurities and difficulties to communicate, he tried so hard to be worthy of Jean. Did he end believing it or did he pretend?

I tend to prefer him with Emma: both imperfect, both outcasts each one in their way…
    I think my general preference for Emma is mostly due to not growing up in the Golden Age of Jott; by the time I was reading trades of old storylines, Scott and Emma were together.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    But Emma can get away with murder. Jean can't sneeze (and she'll sure be blamed for the end of their marriage already because she's the only one who is shown "cheating"). So, please, let it be Emma. :P

I hope Scott and Jean realise this whole Krakoa fever (and maybe resurrections?) is screwing up with their brains and they decide to reclaim themselves and their relationship. Like I said, I still think that, despite everything, Jean and Scott are perfect for each other. And they should be mature enough by now to fix their relationship and avoid those love polygons. I mean, seriously: their minds should be of people in their 40s. And for crying out loud, Jean should be over Logan already.

But if Marvel don't understand the treasure they have in their hands and they won't leave those two alone so they can finally be happy (with problems, sure, because no marriage is easy and they have very different personalities), then break them apart for good.

--
    Adding this because I just remembered about it (please, don't take it seriously):

"Find the most fearsome challenger in all of creation and make her your wife. Lie down at night beside your greatest threat. Make love to your fate" -- Apocalypse

Now that they're buddies, do you think Apocalypse would look at Scott and say: "Attaboy"?
    Yeah, I don't want that for Jean, not only because certain fans would decry Scott all over again, but because she really deserves more than that. Why does Marvel make these decisions?

I'd be up for a properly fleshed out Jott - heck, give us another Cyclops & Phoenix book, just get them out of there.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    He seems to be more of a book guy than a gamer, but i could see him finding some entertaiment in things like Civilization or X-COM, is also possible that he might want something simple to relax and not think about much outside of work, but considering that he is a workhalic is hard for me to see it.

I get you, as a Wolverine fan althought i got less to complain i hadn't been impressed by Percy (he is fine, but very predictable) and i never been a Jogan fan so this poly thing does nothing for me.

Thanks Isaac (i hope you get the reference ) i'm surprised that i was able to be accurate.
    Oh, I just started X-Com the other week. Even more difficult than the game is finding the time for it.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I see Scott playing games like Civilization or Total War. Maybe Among Us.

What about music? I guess I picture him enjoying some soft rock, like a typical daddy millennial. Not N'Sync lol.
    Think a version of heroclix exists in Marvel 616? Think of having to play against Cyke in that.

Mighty Member

Cyke is clearly a big Uno fan but has the uncanny ability to draw all the reverse cards.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Scott feels like the type of Uno player that *always* top-decks a skip/draw two/draw four right when you get to Uno if you're next to him, lol.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Yep, last minute luck that angers the other players. Sounds about right.

As for games in general, I see him playing RTS games. Probably some that are history based. Either way whatever he would get into, he would probably become obsessive with it for a long time.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, I don't want that for Jean, not only because certain fans would decry Scott all over again, but because she really deserves more than that. Why does Marvel make these decisions?

I'd be up for a properly fleshed out Jott - heck, give us another Cyclops & Phoenix book, just get them out of there.
    That would be a dream come true. And why not have a duo book? They're powerful enough to take high-level threats on their own.

They could be Krakoa embassadors. For the cameras, let her play Lady Di and have humanity fall in love with her and the mutant cause, while they're actually working against more nefarious threats.

Edit: Think about how people gush about the Obamas and the Bidens. Having them out of Krakoa could be such a great PR move...
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-06-2021 at 02:19 AM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That would be a dream come true. And why not have a duo book? They're powerful enough to take high-level threats on their own.

They could be Krakoa embassadors. For the cameras, let her play Lady Di and have humanity fall in love with her and the mutant cause, while they're actually working against more nefarious threats.

Edit: Think about how people gush about the Obamas and the Bidens. Having them out of Krakoa could be such a great PR move...
    Honestly, I thought they would have had their own "Mr. and Mrs. X" mini while they setup their team. Maybe another version of the Cyclops and Phoenix book is still a possibility? I mean, I wouldn't bet any money on it for the current era though. A writer would have to have interest in them collectively for it to work.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Honestly, I thought they would have had their own "Mr. and Mrs. X" mini while they setup their team. Maybe another version of the Cyclops and Phoenix book is still a possibility? I mean, I wouldn't bet any money on it for the current era though. A writer would have to have interest in them collectively for it to work.
    I mentioned the same on the Jean thread, that she and Scott are basically the Marvel equivalent of DC's World's Finest Team - although with more romantic overtones. Bruce's main love is his pain.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I mentioned the same on the Jean thread, that she and Scott are basically the Marvel equivalent of DC's World's Finest Team - although with more romantic overtones. Bruce's main love is his pain.
    Yes! Even better, I’d say, because of her telepathy.

They're trained together forever and Scott is a strategic genius. They should have thousands of manoeuvres combining their minds working in unison with the defensive/offensive/ricocheting/bending attributes of their powers. They should fight like one and it should be as natural as breathing. Really: defeating them when they’re fighting together should be ridiculously difficult.

Plus, would it hurt to see more of this?

If you're going to have the crazy lives those heroes have, who wouldn't want to live it with a love that is crazy passionate like that?
    Last edited by Grinning Soul; 05-06-2021 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Cyke is clearly a big Uno fan but has the uncanny ability to draw all the reverse cards.
    Gosh, my family and I have spent hours playing Uno, every aunt and uncle paired off with a niece or nephew in teams. We play for a couple of bucks. Let's see a Summers family game night.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    For games, I can almost see Scott enjoying chess variants from around the world. Guy probably knows how to play Shogi, for example.

For music, I bet he likes protest rock - probably likes Rise Against for the band name alone. He probably also likes stuff that is secretly innovative or surprisingly difficult to play (Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits, for example is a surprisingly hard song to play on the guitar, as it involves rapid changes in position of both hands all across the instrument).
    Maybe Johnny Cash? Bruce Springsteen? Rush, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Yep, give me that book and I'd be a happy customer.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.