Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1379

I see someone is inspired by Dautermann.

Its unfortunate that most of his costumes had the skull cap instead of letting his hair flow free

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I'm wondering this now... since I'm a huge Cyclops fan.

Would a Cyclops solo comic book, without Jean or Emma, work? I would love that.
    Maybe post-AvX before Bendis' run. Since Secret Wars, he's either been massively dragged through the mud or been a background filler at best.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Awesome thing is, theories involving Jean putting her foot down or Scott simply just not wanting to act like Scott work equally well.

I don't really watch TV anymore. Are braindead sitcoms still a thing? If the answer is affirmative, then, yeah, a book with KrakoaClops would totally work regardless of the ladies' involvement in it.
    With all the gaps in characterization, there's room for all sorts of explanations.

I think sitcoms are still a thing. I haven't watched TV in a while either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Maybe post-AvX before Bendis' run. Since Secret Wars, he's either been massively dragged through the mud or been a background filler at best.
    Still waiting for a comeback.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    With all the gaps in characterization, there's room for all sorts of explanations.

I think sitcoms are still a thing. I haven't watched TV in a while either.

Still waiting for a comeback.
    Your post touched me with its simplicity and yearning more than I care to share. He’s still here and I think he’s going to have a fabulous upcoming year. I love seeing him and Jean leading the new team together and acting like a secure and mature couple having seen and been through too much to get easily shaken or ruffled. His bigger moments are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Your post touched me with its simplicity and yearning more than I care to share. He’s still here and I think he’s going to have a fabulous upcoming year. I love seeing him and Jean leading the new team together and acting like a secure and mature couple having seen and been through too much to get easily shaken or ruffled. His bigger moments are coming.
    Thank you for the sentiment and comment.

As for Scott, I hope something comes, but I'd appreciate it more if he seemed more..."normal".
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Amazing Member

I just wish that one of his suits current suits is capable of redirecting his blasts or use them for a different purpose like Eric the Red suit.

Spectacular Member

As for Scott, I hope something comes, but I'd appreciate it more if he seemed more..."normal".
    I wish we'd at least got to see how he got from before to here. Like did he manage years and years of therapy squeaked in somewhere before Krakoa?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops_was_right View Post
    I wish we'd at least got to see how he got from before to here. Like did he manage years and years of therapy squeaked in somewhere before Krakoa?
    With the creepy French twins that can literally happen between panels.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He's doing exactly what he has always done: repressing negative thoughts and his overall problems.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    With the creepy French twins that can literally happen between panels.
    The saddest thing is, I'm fairly certain Rosenberg's run was supposed to be his therapy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    He's doing exactly what he has always done: repressing negative thoughts and his overall problems.
    I dunno. Cyke getting called out on his unhealthy coping mechanics is practically an X-Men running gag and yet we haven't seen anything of the sort ever since the relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by AROSWELL View Post
    I just wish that one of his suits current suits is capable of redirecting his blasts or use them for a different purpose like Eric the Red suit.
    Looking at these versions of Cyclops and knowing that Jean designed most of them I 've come to the conclusion that Jean likes seeing the Chest. Or on further review as Nekkid as possible.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 10-03-2021 at 06:28 PM.

The saddest thing is, I'm fairly certain Rosenberg's run was supposed to be his therapy, lol.

Based on the theory that things can always be worse.
    Dark does not mean deep.

You're welcome. I found your care for him endearing. (I still do). If I may ask, what about him in the new book do you not like?

I think Hickman and co. assumed that the reasons for the changes in his personality would be obvious. Frankly, they have assumed the same about all of the characters, including villains. Each character has bought into a dream the likes of which had never been possible before, never mind offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    What would you say are his current "negative thoughts" and "overall problems"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Looking at these versions of Cyclops and knowing that Jean designed most of them I 've come to the conclusion that Jean likes seeing the Chest. Or on further review as Nekkid as possible.
    Jean did not design most of them! (What makes you say that? lol!) I won't argue with the rest...

I dunno. Cyke getting called out on his unhealthy coping mechanics is practically an X-Men running gag and yet we haven't seen anything of the sort ever since the relaunch.
    A lot of his quirks are missing. I'd be fine with a small panel of him training or plotting dossiers on current threats for the new X-Men team.

He seemed way to careless about the High Evolutionary.

Yep, it would have been nice.

You're welcome. I found your care for him endearing. (I still do). If I may ask, what about him in the new book do you not like?
    He comes off as a 180 of his normal self. I'm fine with him being relaxed and cracking jokes, but his trademark habits and characteristics are all gone these days. The only explanation we were given was in X-Men #1 by Hickman and it involved him openly talking about his shift in behavior. A bit jarring considering the lack of any setup. Some fans like it, that's fine. No problems there, but as for me, it all feels off and unsatisfactory.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-03-2021 at 09:23 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

He comes off as a 180 of his normal self. I'm fine with him being relaxed and cracking jokes, but his trademark habits and characteristics are all gone these days. The only explanation we were given was in X-Men #1 by Hickman and it involved him openly talking about his shift in behavior. A bit jarring considering the lack of any setup. Some fans like it, that's fine. No problems there, but as for me, it all feels off and unsatisfactory.
    I think part of the reason he’s more relaxed is because he died and death, for now, is no longer the threat that it once was. Although I get what you mean about wanting the reasons behind his change in behavior further and more deeply explored, I do love this swathe of dialogue of his from X-Men #1:

Here’s the thing I’ve figured out, Dad. There’s no end to the number of things on Earth—or, hell, out there in the universe—that want to kill us. They never stop coming—they never will. We’re all the same that way. So, sure, I’m a fighter—I will never stop fighting for what I believe in, but I also live here, surrounded by the people I love. So I’m done focusing on the things that want me dead—and I’m choosing to spend my days focused on the things that make me want to live. Okay?