Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1379
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, I was wrong. We didn't even get any kind of Lorna/Laura debate and the Dr. Stasis plot is unfolding at a significantly slower pace than expected, so no proper second/third takedowns. For the sake of fairness, Scott pretty much just stood there while Uric made his big boy ultimatum.

I know we've discussed the possibility of Captain Krakoa being the X-Men's PR countermove to either Urich publishing his article or Scott getting killed publicly, but... I dunno. At this point, I'm sort of expecting half of next issue to be a glorified staff meeting during which Duggan rewrites/downplays the X-Men's screwing over of Cyke in the 2010s.
    I have thought of this for a while that it will be a Krakoa pr move to make an 'improved Cyke' .They will probably make a Cyclops chimera or graft his husk with some other physiology ,so that the rest of the world are certain it was never really Cyclops that died in space once they see some extra abilities to assuage Ben that it isn't Scott. However I don't think Ben will fall for it(not long term).Let's wait and see, it could be weird having Cyclops accept sitting out the heroics while an imposter is doing it as a pr move. Anything more complex like Cyke willing to die for show to get resurrected in a new way is even weirder.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have thought of this for a while that it will be a Krakoa pr move to make an 'improved Cyke' .They will probably make a Cyclops chimera or graft his husk with some other physiology ,so that the rest of the world are certain it was never really Cyclops that died in space once they see some extra abilities to assuage Ben that it isn't Scott. However I don't think Ben will fall for it(not long term).Let's wait and see, it could be weird having Cyclops accept sitting out the heroics while an imposter is doing it as a pr move. Anything more complex like Cyke willing to die for show to get resurrected in a new way is even weirder.
    I've referred to Captain Krakoa as a counter PR move for a while, but I really, *really* thought Orchis would've been more proactive and that the X-Men would've faced a much direr/time-sensitive scenario than Urich politely informing them about the article, lol. It's just... shouldn't the Council/X-Men have openly discussed the possibility of humanity freaking out and piling up compromising intel in relation to the *millions* of mutants that were brought back out of nowhere?

Anyway. At this point it just feels like we'll get a gloried staff meeting, a press conference and Jean brainwashing Scott into complying with the Council's wishes. Which I suppose would retroactively turn the Rock, Paper, Scissor scene into fridge brilliance.

Astonishing Member

I've referred to Captain Krakoa as a counter PR move for a while, but I really, *really* thought Orchis would've been more proactive and that the X-Men would've faced a much direr/time-sensitive scenario than Urich politely informing them about the article, lol. It's just... shouldn't the Council/X-Men have openly discussed the possibility of humanity freaking out and piling up compromising intel in relation to the *millions* of mutants that were brought back out of nowhere?

Anyway. At this point it just feels like we'll get a gloried staff meeting, a press conference and Jean brainwashing Scott into complying with the Council's wishes. Which I suppose would retroactively turn the Rock, Paper, Scissor scene into fridge brilliance.
    Hmm that's an interesting take, you think Ben gave Cyke the heads up to come clean because he is counting on Scott to be open. While Jean and the council would rather rely on misdirection? With how Jean operates now, who knows? I had a similar but darker idea.I thought Orchis would kill Ben to make it seem like mutants wanted the investigation buried.So mutants would have a meeting to resurrect Ben (not necessarily with the five) to find out who is behind this ,by Jean giving Ben a memory of having survived the hit upon his resurrection to do his own investigation of Orchis with mutant help. However I don't think writers want to go to the profoundly game changing repercussions it would have on the QC to resurrect a human for Krakoa's benefit both short and long term. I don't expect the writers to go there, so probably your scenario is more likely.

Hmm that's an interesting take, you think Ben gave Cyke the heads up to come clean because he is counting on Scott to be open.
    The dude's been manipulated and used as a punching bag for years and yet he's still guilt tripping over past betrayals and failures. Him taking the unpractical, idealistic route and unloading a tone deaf Truth and Justice speech to the totally wrong crowd sounds about right, doesn't it?

While Jean and the council would rather rely on misdirection? With how Jean operates now, who knows?
    Pretty much, yeah. For the sake of fairness, both arguments would have their merits. Piling up the lies is pretty much always the best short-term stalling move, but inevitably ends up making things worse in the long term. Owning up to lies and putting a stop to them always results in an immediate hit and might result in a redemptive/reconciliatory outcome, but there's no guarantee whatsoever it'll pay off. I just don't see the Council going for the latter. Too much at stakes.

I had a similar but darker idea.I thought Orchis would kill Ben to make it seem like mutants wanted the investigation buried.So mutants would have a meeting to resurrect Ben (not necessarily with the five) to find out who is behind this ,by Jean giving Ben a memory of having survived the hit upon his resurrection to do his own investigation of Orchis with mutant help. However I don't think writers want to go to the profoundly game changing repercussions it would have on the QC to resurrect a human for Krakoa's benefit both short and long term. I don't expect the writers to go there, so probably your scenario is more likely.
    Seemingly too convoluted given what Duggan has been given us lately. I mean, issue #3 was an unnecessary brawl with an awkward shipping scene. Issue #4 was a one-sided telepathic smackdown. Issue #5 was a week in the life of Lorna. Not debating the quality of the material, just saying practically everyone expected *more* from the narrative of the past three issues. Who knows, maybe next month's issue is supposed to be the "Holy crap, did Jean just brainw... I mean, what just happened?" mid-season finale.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-28-2021 at 08:20 PM.

I thought you all might appreciate this.

From @archeohistories on Twitter:

Thousands of years ago, Inuit and Yupik people of Alaska and northern Canada carved narrow slits into ivory, antler and wood to create snow goggles. This diminished exposure to direct and reflected ultraviolet rays thereby reducing eye strain and preventing snow blindness.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/archeohis...32285309509632

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I thought you all might appreciate this.

From @archeohistories on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/archeohis...32285309509632

That is awesome in hindsight. Not sure when Scott's Alaskan mention ws first dropped but the coincidence of this makes me smile.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Holy hell, have you seen this from the Upcoming Art Thread?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5834698

SeriousClops might be back!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I don't know...I kind of doubt it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Brief Description

Classic x-men #42

Scott is a child living in a orphanage in Alaska while Xavier attempted to help Jean control her telepathic abilities. Through these early tests both Charles and Jean made contact with Scott but disappeared soon after but the Phoenix forced stayed with Scott. And in the panel becoming one with him.

So my theory is

the Phoenix Force has been with Scott always as it’s been with Jean. Scott has always been in possession, merged with A aspect of the Phoenix Force and a avatar for the Phoenix force way before AVX. Also that’s why Scott’s children are so powerful. All Scotts children are also children of the Phoenix Force

B3652705-1EDB-480C-A0EB-377416425E91.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I don't know...I kind of doubt it.
    Looking at that picture, all I can think is "So much for Scott *insisting* on Jean getting everything out of the divorce. Oh well, at least he can throw Rachel at Kitty and get both off his back in one glorious swing."

Fantastic Member

It's literally just a generic Yu cover.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    It's literally just a generic Yu cover.
    Compared to the previous generic Yu covers and those Dawn of X/Inferno generic promo art pieces, I'd say Cyke not looking high is an actual improvement.

Quick update on Captain Cameo:

Scott basically showed up in Hellions to get sucker-punched in the face so that Kwannon/Emma/Nanny wouldn't have to, lol. 100% not kidding.

Quick update on Captain Cameo:

Scott basically showed up in Hellions to get sucker-punched in the face so that Kwannon/Emma/Nanny wouldn't have to, lol. 100% not kidding.
    He did more than that. He had a much needed talk with Alex and spoilers:
    reunited him with Madelyne, which should have repercussions for him going forward
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He did more than that. He had a much needed talk with Alex and spoilers:
    reunited him with Madelyne, which should have repercussions for him going forward
    end of spoilers
    Of course it will. He's going to take another hit so that other folks won't have to.