Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I hate that SOOOOO much.

Seriously, Cyke's blast have gotten so weak in the last two decades, and maybe even before that. When was the last time he did something that was plain "Holy ****!"? Even that "I want that thing out of my lawn" isn't that great when you remember that the Sentinel which Cyke blasted was already half destroyed beforehand and after blasting it was still in kind of working condition.
    It's not the lack of big moments that get to me, but the amount of small ones. Cyclops whole personality was built around the fact that he have this supposed very destructive power that he can't control, so he tries to control every situation instead. But if his blasts are basic long range punches like most writers uses it, then what's the big deal?

Cyclops should, imo, use his power very little, and never against normal humans, because it should kill them 9 times out of 10, the other one should go to the hospital in critical condition. A full direct blast should pulverize a normal person.

Black Bolt's voice is usually very well used by the writers, almost every comic he is in, when he speaks is a great moment. Whoever is on the receiving end is done, unless we are talking about Thor or Thanos. Cyclops blasts don't have to be that powerful, but just make it dangerous again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    It's not the lack of big moments that get to me, but the amount of small ones. Cyclops whole personality was built around the fact that he have this supposed very destructive power that he can't control, so he tries to control every situation instead. But if his blasts are basic long range punches like most writers uses it, then what's the big deal?

Cyclops should, imo, use his power very little, and never against normal humans, because it should kill them 9 times out of 10, the other one should go to the hospital in critical condition. A full direct blast should pulverize a normal person.

Black Bolt's voice is usually very well used by the writers, almost every comic he is in, when he speaks is a great moment. Whoever is on the receiving end is done, unless we are talking about Thor or Thanos. Cyclops blasts don't have to be that powerful, but just make it dangerous again.
    Agree 100%. Especially the bolded. Up to street level characters should never survive a direct optic blast. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that even the guys with healing factor should die with the reasoning "there's nothing left to heal".

If he ever loses his visor or glasses, it should be one of the most "Uh-oh" situations. He should be able to wipe out at least a city block if not a whole city.

And I know some will say that FEATZ! isn't all that interesting or power creep yada yada. But when literally everyone else is getting more powers and only one guy is left where he was and really getting even weaker, there's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Agree 100%. Especially the bolded. Up to street level characters should never survive a direct optic blast. Hell, I'd go so far as to say that even the guys with healing factor should die with the reasoning "there's nothing left to heal".

If he ever loses his visor or glasses, it should be one of the most "Uh-oh" situations. He should be able to wipe out at least a city block if not a whole city.

And I know some will say that FEATZ! isn't all that interesting or power creep yada yada. But when literally everyone else is getting more powers and only one guy is left where he was and really getting even weaker, there's a problem.
    It's not even power creep in my eyes, because that what his power is supposed to be. And if it was, he would barely use it, the only power creep would be on his combat skills, since he can control his power he should rely in other ways to defend himself. Cyclops blasts should be as destructive as Havoc power.

But Marvel prefers to have Scott on the background shooting optic blasts in some henchmen instead doing cool stuff.

BANNED

Last time Scott's powers packed some actual impact was in 2012, I believe, in the first issue of Bendis' Uncanny. Ever since then, it never did any difference in a combat situation.

Exactly. Look at what happened to Mr. Sinister

Mighty Member

As Fluffy once put it, Cyke's that balanced fighting game character that people somehow found a way to use, so he keeps getting hit by the nerf bat.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member

It's not even power creep in my eyes, because that what his power is supposed to be. And if it was, he would barely use it, the only power creep would be on his combat skills, since he can control his power he should rely in other ways to defend himself. Cyclops blasts should be as destructive as Havoc power.

But Marvel prefers to have Scott on the background shooting optic blasts in some henchmen instead doing cool stuff.
    That is why I loved his backstory to Age of X,he needs to tone down the use of his laser eyes to a minimum to make their use significant or tweak his power so that he finally learns to focus and perhaps have white lasers when he wants to stun someone with light bursts without killing, or black laser anyone to de-atomise( completely dematerialise the greatest of obstacles or foes).He needs to be amped up in versatility otherwise he's just a fancy laser gun zapper that instead of a gun has eyelids do the cocking.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Exactly. Look at what happened to Mr. Sinister

This should happen with any normal human hit by his blast, except the bones would turn to dust mostly.

Cool page.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Last time Scott's powers packed some actual impact was in 2012, I believe, in the first issue of Bendis' Uncanny. Ever since then, it never did any difference in a combat situation.
    True, the same also goes for his tactician skills. Ever since death, he's lacked certain abilities/skills. Hopefully when he leads a team that changes, but I also have the feeling focus will be more on the team rather than him or Jean leading it. My optimism for X-Men ain't that high these days.

I think this is a good point. One Emma also made in Astonishing X-Men. Cyke can't catch a break even in his own world, lol.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-07-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

This is still one of my favourite Cyclops moments: https://comicnewbies.com/2016/01/12/...nishing-x-men/

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    This is still one of my favourite Cyclops moments: https://comicnewbies.com/2016/01/12/...nishing-x-men/

This is my favorite X-Men moment. Probably.

My favorite Cyclops moment came from Marvels #2 (1994):

Amazing Member

Sometimes I feel like Scott's journey is similar to that of Big Boss from the Metal Gear Series. Big Boss, an idealist who lost the things he cherished the most and slowly got bitter with life and later took on the journey of creating a place where his kind of people can live in peace and stay together. The only difference between Snake and Summers is that Summers will never allow another person to shoulder his burdens as Big Boss did. Instead of creating a phantom duplicate and make him carry out his legend and legacy, he would personally do it with his own hands. The Post-AvX era for Cyclops is like recovering from his fall from grace. Unlike other good guys whose fall and return happen with a drastic and life-changing event, Scott's journey is slow and clear. Thus he became more interesting.
    https://polycount.com/discussion/174...s-x-metal-gear

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AROSWELL View Post
    Sometimes I feel like Scott's journey is similar to that of Big Boss from the Metal Gear Series. Big Boss, an idealist who lost the things he cherished the most and slowly got bitter with life and later took on the journey of creating a place where his kind of people can live in peace and stay together. The only difference between Snake and Summers is that Summers will never allow another person to shoulder his burdens as Big Boss did. Instead of creating a phantom duplicate and make him carry out his legend and legacy, he would personally do it with his own hands. The Post-AvX era for Cyclops is like recovering from his fall from grace. Unlike other good guys whose fall and return happen with a drastic and life-changing event, Scott's journey is slow and clear. Thus he became more interesting.
    https://polycount.com/discussion/174...s-x-metal-gear
    Except the only two runs that can be remotely considered Cyke's journey post-AvX are Bendis' and Rosenburger's--- the former writer more interested in another book while the latter threw shite at a wall thru a fan to vent his IRL issues. Doesn't help that the latter was given carte blanche because of Hickman's impending great reset of the franchise-- and everyone knew it.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie