Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine and Storm didnt have a problem with Utopia. Storm's issue with Scott was the formation and secrecy behind X-Force and Wolverine's was about using the kids on the front lines. Both supported the concept of Utopia
    Those get forgotten since under Aaron Wolverine restarted the whole 'secret kill squad' back up and Storm (nor anybody else for that matter) had even a fraction of the problem with it while the kids were depicted in combat far more often than they were before. In practice it came across as things pissing them off so much that they left to go someplace where the problems that supposedly drove them away were even worse.

It's part of where a lot of us got the ideas that "It's only wrong when Cyclops does it" and the correlary "Anything BECOMES wrong when Cyclops does it".
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by AROSWELL View Post
    Something I found funny about Hickman's X Men is that everyone is embracing Scott's philosophies and tactics unconditionally from his time as the Ruler of Mutants. Even Wolverine and Storm who strongly opposed his methods and found him extreme accepted them. While at first, I hated the idea of Scott doing nothing, I just realized that this is his victory. Utopia is the foundation he laid, but it was halted and even attacked by the Avengers and Inhumans only to return a stronger and powerful nation of its own, Krakoa. Johnathan Hickman himself stated that he was responsible for the death of Professor X during AvX, and it made things worse for the X Men. Especially with the deadman Scott era, X Men had it rough as the world itself transforming into a mutant holocaust camp. But now, things have changed and the mutants have put aside their difference and became a unity, a nation. I love this irony because it was Hickman who decided to kill the professor off and make Scotty walk a darker path and it was he who returned him to his true self and gave him a happy win.
    https://www.cbr.com/jonathan-hickman...ofessor-x-avx/

The way it was phrased here seems more like Hickman accidentally contributed to Xavier's death by suggesting how he should be introduced into AvX.

But really the way Hickman wrote the Illuminati in his Avengers run really does seem to imply that he had Xavier planned to participate all along, especially with the frequency of alternate-universe Xaviers that popped up during the various incursions, or Beast wishing he was as solid as the Professor when he joined the team.

Be that as it may, though, Scott's experience with Utopia likely informs why he'd rather hang back as a captain than as part of the Council (he's had a taste of that life already), plus why he argues that Krakoa should have an X-Men team analogous to how the Avengers represent America (for the most part -- sure, they have the occasional Wakandan or other, but the team usually has Captain America and Iron Man in the lead).
    Last edited by Cyke; 03-18-2021 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Those get forgotten since under Aaron Wolverine restarted the whole 'secret kill squad' back up and Storm (nor anybody else for that matter) had even a fraction of the problem with it while the kids were depicted in combat far more often than they were before. In practice it came across as things pissing them off so much that they left to go someplace where the problems that supposedly drove them away were even worse.

It's part of where a lot of us got the ideas that "It's only wrong when Cyclops does it" and the correlary "Anything BECOMES wrong when Cyclops does it".
    Dont get me started on this hypocristy

First panel, Wolverine objects to the kids saving him from Exodus

Next page he is leading them into battle

By the end Hope is calling him out on using children when its convenient

#CYCLOPSWASRIGHT

This needs to be Scott's new costume. Just change the visor

Looks ok for a special occasion, but as a regular thing it'll start to get silly.

Amazing Member

Dont get me started on this hypocristy

First panel, Wolverine objects to the kids saving him from Exodus

Next page he is leading them into battle

By the end Hope is calling him out on using children when its convenient

#CYCLOPSWASRIGHT
    What book are those panels from?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyked View Post
    What book are those panels from?
    X-men Legacy 263

We need to get more people to read Xmen legacy.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I know the central part of that arc was Rogue conflicting with Logan, but it still was rather surprising that a Wolverine/Yellow-side book so openly threw Logan's hypocrisy in his face like that given how he was being presented back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    I know the central part of that arc was Rogue conflicting with Logan, but it still was rather surprising that a Wolverine/Yellow-side book so openly threw Logan's hypocrisy in his face like that given how he was being presented back then.
    Thats cause Carey was a good writer.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Thats cause Carey was a good writer.
    That was written by Gage actually.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    That was written by Gage actually.
    Oh really? Really liked his Avengers Academy.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Cyclops is trending on twitter for some reason.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Cyclops is trending on twitter for some reason.
    Thanks to Gail Simone: https://twitter.com/GailSimone/statu...97995130118155