Page 5 of 92 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    continue to cameo until that team gets an ongoing. He doesnt really factor into the plots of any of the other ongoings except COTA, where he'll serve as a mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That's what I thought, and it's quite disappointing...
    Hickman succeeded in a few years what DisMarvel tried for almost a decade: make Cyclops boring again. The fact that we're hoping he gets a few lines each month in the only book he's supposed to be featured in is incredibly sad.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

https://twitter.com/PepeLarraz/statu...124668419?s=20

Pepe Larraz Is going to print and hang my summers family tree project on his wall!!!!!!!!

I dont feel like Hickman cares for Scott. The stuff he did with him today was embarassing. spoilers:
    Scott does nothing in this issue exept get knocked out by a blow to the head with a hammer and has Jean tend to his unconscious body. Storm and Smasher pick up the slack and proceed to turn the fight around
    end of spoilers. He literally has a total of 3 lines in the entire issue before that happens

I dont feel like Hickman cares for Scott. The stuff he did with him today was embarassing. spoilers:
    Scott does nothing in this issue exept get knocked out by a blow to the head with a hammer and has Jean tend to his unconscious body. Storm and Smasher pick up the slack and proceed to turn the fight around
    end of spoilers. He literally has a total of 3 lines in the entire issue before that happens
    I have to agree. Imma drop this book.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sunspot was literally the only good thing about this issue. The rest, was pretty clear Hickman just filling the pages when the only thing he wanted was Xandra owning a favor to Storm.
    Could have let Scott out of the issue, it would be better.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 01-27-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Sunspot was literally the only good thing about this issue. The rest, was pretty clear Hickman just filling the pages when the only thing he wanted was Xandra owning a favor to Storm.
    Could have let Scott out of the issue, it would be better.
    Yeah, like I said in the issue thread, this is one of those issues Hickman forgets it's about the journey, not the destination. This didn't even need Scott & Jean in it.

Nickname for Scott in X-men today is Captain Coma

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to drop this book until things pick up for him. If they ever do. Also sucks to see our disappointment mocked a bit. Either way, I'm fine with taking a break for a while. Maybe something unexpected will happen, but at this point I kind of doubt it.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Nickname for Scott in X-men today is Captain Coma
    Still a good story

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to drop this book until things pick up for him. If they ever do. Also sucks to see our disappointment mocked a bit. Either way, I'm fine with taking a break for a while. Maybe something unexpected will happen, but at this point I kind of doubt it.
    Next issue is finally following up on the Vault, so I’ll be picking that up. I’m really getting irritated with how slow Hickman is moving though, feels like the story crawls at a snail’s pace before rapidly sprinting at points like with X of Swords.

Yeah Scott was useless in today’s issue, definitely feel old timey and not in a good way.

Amazing Member

I just remembered something. Scott lost control over his powers because he got hit in the head right. What if Captain Coma returns with the ability to finally control his blasts. Or even better, his beams are slowly taking a path similar to his presidential counterpart from Earth-TRN421, also known as the Orbital Optic Array. In the past, Scott had shown the ability to control the speed, range, and damage levels of his beams and he also displayed a one-time ability to change the trajectory of his beams at will in 2014's Cyclops Issue 11 Page 19, he was able to split and curve a small part of his beam to knock out one of his enemies. Considering his natural super trigonometry, which is famously known as his Spacial Awareness and a mind that studies and analyses every bit of his environment, information, and situations similar to Karnak and he can see the flaws within them. Finally, his post-phoenix beams are also capable of curving on their own, but he has no control over it. If he can regain control because of this incident, it would be cooler for his beams to progress towards his Earth-TRN421 version.

Orbital Optic Arrayooa.jpg

People, why so much negativity? there were some cool moments in X-men 17# the beam/lighting combo with Storm, the two-way ricochet beam, going with matching x-factor costumes with Jean (and one of his best costumes at that), and a nice amount of action in the background with Jean. I get it if you don't want to buy the next 2 issues because they are going to be about the Vault so I doubt Scott even appears, but the one after that is likely going to be him and Jean creating the next X-men team

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    People, why so much negativity? there were some cool moments in X-men 17# the beam/lighting combo with Storm, the two-way ricochet beam, going with matching x-factor costumes with Jean (and one of his best costumes at that), and a nice amount of action in the background with Jean. I get it if you don't want to buy the next 2 issues because they are going to be about the Vault so I doubt Scott even appears, but the one after that is likely going to be him and Jean creating the next X-men team
    I got personal stuff so my pull has to stop.

Plus I just find it boring right now.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

RCO022_1611768248.jpg

Poor Scott, even he looks embarrassed by his performance in today's issue. The leisurely glimpses into his family life have been fun, but I understand the frustration with how he's been handled recently. Perhaps things will pick up for him after the election.
    Last edited by Dipter; 01-27-2021 at 07:23 PM.