Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    But Cyclops will probably end up in whatever side is the wrong one, and will be blamed for it. Wolverine and Jean will be on the "right" side, Percy will make sure of it, after things calm down, Jean and Logan will be a couple and Cyclops will be the depressed, full of guilt ex-husband.
    And while, I would love to see Cyclops away from the whole triangle thing, the most likely is that Scott will be used as a side-character in Jean/Logan love story, to highlight just how better off she is with Wolverine.
    The darkest timeline.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Btw, for the people saying that Cyclops would be on the wrong side of the conflict, they already put him in opposition to Xavier/Magneto, that's what the whole deal with creating the X-men outside of Krakoa's control is. It's much more likely that when the Hickman saga ends whatever new status quo is created ends with Xavier outside of leadership and with Scott and Jean if not directly leading very much in power.
    And the writer that is writing the X-men main title is the one that has been the source of almost all of the Scott/Jean content in the last year

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Looks like it might rotate up like a visor on a helmet. Sans helmet of course, but no one said fashion has to make sense.

If it is the same stuff as the X-hood, then there should be a short with Emma and Jumbo henpecking him over it - Emma for him ditching a better concept, Jumbo for the horrible fashion sense that it was wasted on.
    I am part of the club now

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Btw, for the people saying that Cyclops would be on the wrong side of the conflict, they already put him in opposition to Xavier/Magneto, that's what the whole deal with creating the X-men outside of Krakoa's control is. It's much more likely that when the Hickman saga ends whatever new status quo is created ends with Xavier outside of leadership and with Scott and Jean if not directly leading very much in power.
    And the writer that is writing the X-men main title is the one that has been the source of almost all of the Scott/Jean content in the last year
    Agree with you there, but considering X-men 1, it seems to be a guarantee that Scott's going to lose a lot of what made him believe in Krakoa. At least, that's what it seems like. He'll probably be the more heroic figure in the end, but not without a cost. That in mind, I don't blame anyone here having doubts about his direction. It usually ends badly, but there's always room for hope. Expect the worse, hope for the best.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Agree with you there, but considering X-men 1, it seems to be a guarantee that Scott's going to lose a lot of what made him believe in Krakoa. At least, that's what it seems like. He'll probably be the more heroic figure in the end, but not without a cost. That in mind, I don't blame anyone here having doubts about his direction. It usually ends badly, but there's always room for hope. Expect the worse, hope for the best.
    I think this is the key, Krakoa will inevitably end, but where the cracks start is the question. To me, that's what Way of X is about, and it's definitely not a coincidence that the big bad of that book is the combination of Xavier and Magneto. Scott is the central character in the book introducing Krakoa because he has the role of showing the reader both all the changes in society and showing the first signs of trouble, there is a phrase he says in X-men #7 that shows very well his attitude "enjoy what little joy we find. For soon the world will be the world-- and we have lived in it long enough to know better" He believes in Krakoa but he knows it won't last and is ready for that to happen.

When Krakoa falls whoever is on its side will likely be left behind for a while, it's not impossible that this story can be a send-off to Xavier and Magneto (at least until the next writer inevitably wants to bring at least Magneto back) House of X/Powers of X placed them both as a problem, their ways and vision leads to disaster, so it makes sense that their leadership will end up cracking things up. A lot of the council is at risk there (though let's be honest, is mostly the former villains, they are all likely going to return to their former status), I doubt Jean was taken out of the council for no reason, the conflict will likely have krakoa on one side and the X-men on the other.

I also doubt very much that the fall of Krakoa will have anything to do with him personally, Hickman is putting that role on the trio of Xavier/Magneto/Moira (and we also have Moira's 11th life to consider, that, if it happens, will likely be used to show the worst-case scenario, and have it be the 10th, go back to the start of it and make the changes needed to prevent that scenario, and among those changes, it will be the end of Krakoa), so Cyclops will be involved like most X-men will and I don't think he will have much of a focus there

I think this is the key, Krakoa will inevitably end, but where the cracks start is the question. To me, that's what Way of X is about, and it's definitely not a coincidence that the big bad of that book is the combination of Xavier and Magneto. Scott is the central character in the book introducing Krakoa because he has the role of showing the reader both all the changes in society and showing the first signs of trouble, there is a phrase he says in X-men #7 that shows very well his attitude "enjoy what little joy we find. For soon the world will be the world-- and we have lived in it long enough to know better" He believes in Krakoa but he knows it won't last and is ready for that to happen.

When Krakoa falls whoever is on its side will likely be left behind for a while, it's not impossible that this story can be a send-off to Xavier and Magneto (at least until the next writer inevitably wants to bring at least Magneto back) House of X/Powers of X placed them both as a problem, their ways and vision leads to disaster, so it makes sense that their leadership will end up cracking things up. A lot of the council is at risk there (though let's be honest, is mostly the former villains, they are all likely going to return to their former status), I doubt Jean was taken out of the council for no reason, the conflict will likely have krakoa on one side and the X-men on the other.

I also doubt very much that the fall of Krakoa will have anything to do with him personally, Hickman is putting that role on the trio of Xavier/Magneto/Moira (and we also have Moira's 11th life to consider, that, if it happens, will likely be used to show the worst-case scenario, and have it be the 10th, go back to the start of it and make the changes needed to prevent that scenario, and among those changes, it will be the end of Krakoa), so Cyclops will be involved like most X-men will and I don't think he will have much of a focus there
    I hope your breakdown comes to fruition. I do have doubts, but I definitely don't want to come off overly pessimistic and "ruin the parade" or mood for everyone else. That being said, I trust Hickman to likely deliver what you posted. Scott will most likely avoid most of the fallout. That being said, it's the other writers that make me worried more than anything. With Scott left on the sidelines, he's probably free for use in their own plots.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I hope your breakdown comes to fruition. I do have doubts, but I definitely don't want to come off overly pessimistic and "ruin the parade" or mood for everyone else. That being said, I trust Hickman to likely deliver what you posted. Scott will most likely avoid most of the fallout. That being said, it's the other writers that make me worried more than anything. With Scott left on the sidelines, he's probably free for use in their own plots.
    The good thing with this one is that the writer of the most important title outside of Hickman clearly likes him (at least that's what I got from reading his Cable run) the one that I fully share the worry with (X-force writer) is only writing a very secondary book and is going against a lot of what the other books are writing (plus Jean is out of that book, luckily)

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Personally can't wait for the Internet to break over Scott almost holding hands with Not!Jean while they're doing the dishes (or God forbid, casually telling her he kinda likes her coffee breath) and how the polyamory thingy is disrespectful to Not!Scott and how it's the worst thing ever. Bonus points if Laura gets annoyed at Scott "cheating" on her dad.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-29-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Personally can't wait for the Internet to break over Scott almost holding hands with Not!Jean while they're doing the dishes (or God forbid, casually telling her kinda likes her coffee breath) and how the polyamory thingy is disrespectful to Not!Scott and how it's the worst thing ever. Bonus points if Laura gets annoyed at Scott "cheating" on her dad.
    Extra bonus points if it isn't even anything close to an affair.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Extra bonus points if it isn't even anything close to an affair.
    1. Technically not an affair due to the 'Free Love, Living on the Edge, wooohh!' thingy.

2. Like, what, Scott and Shiro making out during a game of Truth or Dare?

The good thing with this one is that the writer of the most important title outside of Hickman clearly likes him (at least that's what I got from reading his Cable run) the one that I fully share the worry with (X-force writer) is only writing a very secondary book and is going against a lot of what the other books are writing (plus Jean is out of that book, luckily)
    I understand there's cause to be hopeful on paper, let's see it in practice. I'd love to be wrong.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Personally can't wait for the Internet to break over Scott almost holding hands with Not!Jean while they're doing the dishes (or God forbid, casually telling her he kinda likes her coffee breath) and how the polyamory thingy is disrespectful to Not!Scott and how it's the worst thing ever. Bonus points if Laura gets annoyed at Scott "cheating" on her dad.
    True, but that being the case, it probably won't happen.

That being said, I just recently rewatched the Incredibles and realized Cyclops's current costume is extremely similar to Gazerbeam. Quite the coincidence.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

True, but that being the case, it probably won't happen.
    As per Sinister Secret #5, it already has.

Anyway. Cyke had a brief scene with Cap in today's Marauders. Something about Cap being annoyed at Cyke for not telling him about the night's mysterious main event and Cyke being all "Dude, chill, I kinda guessed, but didn't know the specifics. You don't really think my future exes and I actually talk about anything important, right?"

Oh, there was also a wordless instance of Scott and Everett hanging out with I'm-not-sure-who at the party. Probably something to do with Wolverine-related relationship advice.

Anyway. Cyke had a brief scene with Cap in today's Marauders. Something about Cap being annoyed at Cyke for not telling him about the night's mysterious main event and Cyke being all "Dude, chill, I kinda guessed, but didn't know the specifics. You don't really think my future exes and I actually talk about anything important, right?"

Oh, there was also a wordless instance of Scott and Everett hanging out with I'm-not-sure-who at the party. Probably something to do with Wolverine-related relationship advice.
    Cyclops's "How to Train Your Wolverine".

But I do hope Scott shows up in Hellion's Gala issue.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

True, at least in theory. Although, if it's not on panel, some will always say it doesn't exist. Marvel themselves at times as well, lol.

So, anything important in these issues or are they more of a just for fun kind of deal?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia