Page 64 of 92 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well don't think Cyclops being overly passive is going to be an issue it hasn't been a problem so far.

I don't really consider passive and authortive opposites in reminded of the old saying "speak softly but carry a big stick" and that's always felt like Scott to me he's not one to mince words or waste his time yelling at someone to fall in line. But I fully expect Cyclops to have to check somebody on this team my money is on Sunfire.
    I think for the most part, we are in agreement of what we expect from Scott as a leader. I guess our word choice and interpretation of them seems to be bringing the confusion. I think the word authoritative and authoritarian are being slightly mixed up. As for passive, I mainly meant that he seems to just go with the flow with most things and usually just stands in the back without doing anything or planning anything. For me, in this current era, that's been a problem with the character. He doesn't seem ready for anything and tends to act without thinking as much as he used to. That doesn't seem like Scott. He doesn't need to have a dozen plans ready for a disaster, but he just seems off. He hasn't even come up with a plan for any of the threats that have faced the island so far. Maybe it's just me, but Scott doesn't come off as a veteran X-man.

Now I'm not saying he needs to be at the center of everything or saving the day with his plans, but he seems to be lacking his leadership skills in this era so far. I'm hoping Inferno finally gives a payoff to his Captain Commander role. Up until now, it seems like a hollow role. That being said, I hope X-men is an improvement, and while I'm looking forward to Jean and Scott leading, I'm still not sure what to expect. Either way, we find out tomorrow. I hope it's great.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

So Scott was positioned well in Xmen by Duggan.

Would recommend giving it a try.
    Last edited by AJpyro; 07-07-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So Scott was positioned well in Xmen by Duggan.

Would recommend giving it a try.
    I thought it was alright. At the least, Duggan succeeded in bringing me in for another issue.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Finally read X-men #1. I thought it was a decent and solid start to the series. I assume things will pick up.

As for Scott specifically, it seems too early to judge. That being said, I'm pretty sure we're not going to get any deep digging into Scott's characterization. It seems like he might just play as the hopeful and idealistic leader, but we'll see.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Finally read X-men #1. I thought it was a decent and solid start to the series. I assume things will pick up.

As for Scott specifically, it seems too early to judge. That being said, I'm pretty sure we're not going to get any deep digging into Scott's characterization. It seems like he might just play as the hopeful and idealistic leader, but we'll see.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure what we see it's what we'll get. The personal moments, the big things won't be about Scott, but it hasn't been since Bendis left, at least it's not the goal from the x-offices to shit on him anymore.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I felt like him making a quip about Wanda's death so soon, and to Lorna, was OOC. Seems more likely something Iceman would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I felt like him making a quip about Wanda's death so soon, and to Lorna, was OOC. Seems more likely something Iceman would say.
    Yeah, even if he's characterized as still disliking her, I don't see him making a joke like that and in that way. That is, if it was intended as a joke.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, even if he's characterized as still disliking her, I don't see him making a joke like that and in that way. That is, if it was intended as a joke.
    Duggan's Cyclops is all about the dad jokes. Dad jokes ain't good, or tactful.

Astonishing Member

Eh I found the joke hilarious for what it was not really but I dig too deeply into the psychology behind it but there's really no love lost between Wanda and Cyclops heck he didn't even seem all that shocked/sad to find her body.

No doubt he views Wanda's death at the Gala as more of a nuisance/headache for the X-men rather than a tragedy. What are the kind of begs the question of whether or not Wanda's death is public knowledge yet. It's got to be at least a few days after the Gala I'm sure somebody would have noticed her missing by now.

Eh I found the joke hilarious for what it was not really but I dig too deeply into the psychology behind it but there's really no love lost between Wanda and Cyclops heck he didn't even seem all that shocked/sad to find her body.

No doubt he views Wanda's death at the Gala as more of a nuisance/headache for the X-men rather than a tragedy. What are the kind of begs the question of whether or not Wanda's death is public knowledge yet. It's got to be at least a few days after the Gala I'm sure somebody would have noticed her missing by now.
    Not a good look if Krakoa is trying to keep it quiet beyond the minimum required for an investigation.

I agree generally with your first point.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

With all the death Scott has been exposed to he might have a very black sense of humor buried underneath the surface. It's somewhat typical of people who see people die around them constantly - some of the jokes my wife has told me from her father (Highway Patrol, but he had died before we met), and my own mother (former ICU nurse) featured a lot of gallows humor.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    With all the death Scott has been exposed to he might have a very black sense of humor buried underneath the surface. It's somewhat typical of people who see people die around them constantly - some of the jokes my wife has told me from her father (Highway Patrol, but he had died before we met), and my own mother (former ICU nurse) featured a lot of gallows humor.
    Yep that's how I see it too Cyclops making a dark joke. But then again I love dark humor so that Wanda line got a chuckle out of me just for how out of left field it was lmao

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Not a good look if Krakoa is trying to keep it quiet beyond the minimum required for an investigation.

I agree generally with your first point.
    I mean it's never good look when a foreign citizen dies on your soil let alone at a party you invited them to lol but Krakoa is a nation and it's going to do with Nations do which is protect the interest of State and that just might mean not putting out a public statement until they finished doing a thorough investigation and come up with a culprit.

But then again this is all speculation Tommy definitely knows that somebody murdered his mother and so I'm pretty sure he would be the first one to tell the Avengers.

Yep that's how I see it too Cyclops making a dark joke. But then again I love dark humor so that Wanda line got a chuckle out of me just for how out of left field it was lmao
    I do as well, but my wife and I both loved Death of Stalin, and the humor in that one was very dark, as fitting of a movie with the tag line of "A Comedy of Terrors".
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I liked the joke, I just don't think Scott would have done it, to Lorna of all people.